You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Innocence Files 8/10.

Some of the stupidest people in the US given the responsibilities,in law, that a five year old could do better. There must be millions of miscarriages of justice still stuck in jail. The juries that convict are just as stupid too. Not a place you want to ever get involved in a crime where your freedom is at stake.

4 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

"Devs"

I enjoyed it. I didn't understand all of it, but I like that they took something as dry as theoretical physics and made an entertaining show centred around it.

It's one I'll watch again.

I watched this and I must admit that I felt like one of the apes in 2001 A Space Odyssey,staring uncomprehendingly at the shiny surfaces. It was wel made and was engaging but it was also like one of the old Open University programmes  that you'd weatch when you'd come in pissed from a club in town - baffling if you didn't know the subject.

16 minutes ago, torahboy said:

I watched this and I must admit that I felt like one of the apes in 2001 A Space Odyssey,staring uncomprehendingly at the shiny surfaces. It was wel made and was engaging but it was also like one of the old Open University programmes  that you'd weatch when you'd come in pissed from a club in town - baffling if you didn't know the subject.

That's what I like about it, the basis of the plot is not spoon fed to the viewer, yes it's about quantum physics and I know next to fuck all about it but I'd rather watch it as is than having the dialogue dumbed down so the brains are talking in unrealistic ways just for the viewers benefit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

That's what I like about it, the basis of the plot is not spoon fed to the viewer, yes it's about quantum physics and I know next to fuck all about it but I'd rather watch it as is than having the dialogue dumbed down so the brains are talking in unrealistic ways just for the viewers benefit.

I watched it practically in one straight sitting, so it obviously had me thinking and that's no bad thing. You're right; if it had been dumbed down it just wouldn't have kept the attention.

Watched the final episode of series 4 of the Sopranos, think that might be the best episode yet. 

I also watched Britain's Got Talent with my son on Saturday night - he's 8 like - and I must say, aside from the wankhead judges and the moronic crowd shite, I was pleasantly surprised by the actual acts. Go me

2 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Watched the final episode of series 4 of the Sopranos, think that might be the best episode yet. 

I also watched Britain's Got Talent with my son on Saturday night - he's 8 like - and I must say, aside from the wankhead judges and the moronic crowd shite, I was pleasantly surprised by the actual acts. Go me

I’ve watched BGT for the last two weeks as well having not seen it for years. The thing I’ve noticed is that they don’t seem to have any ‘stupid’ ones anymore, the kind of which were the best part of the show when it first started. Pretty much every act is “FOUR YESES”

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve watched BGT for the last two weeks as well having not seen it for years. The thing I’ve noticed is that they don’t seem to have any ‘stupid’ ones anymore, the kind of which were the best part of the show when it first started. Pretty much every act is “FOUR YESES”

Yes, the only "shit" one was that female impressionist if I recall correctly. The guy with the piano was genuinely quite nice, though obviously I could've done without seeing the judges, the crowd and his family, and the bloke on the unicycles genuinely shitted me up a little bit. Amanda Holden is a properly annoying fake twat though

12 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just started watching Auf Weidersehn, Pet again and really enjoying it. Loved it back in the day and it's great to reacquaint myself with Dennis, Oz and the boys.

All the episodes are on YouTube.

They were repeated on one of the freeview channels not so long ago. Seem to pop up somewhere at leat one a year now. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Celebrity Who Dares Wins. 

Belle, Katie Price, John Fashanu and a few others on it. Katie Price is just car crash. 

I’ll have to try and watch that after seeing a description of the said Miss Price on Twitter

“Katie Price looks like a meat pie that’s been chucked at a ceiling fan”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I’ll have to try and watch that after seeing a description of the said Miss Price on Twitter

“Katie Price looks like a meat pie that’s been chucked at a ceiling fan”

If you never thought you’d see Tony Bellew scream “let’s fuckin have it!” at Anthea Turner then you’re in for a treat 

• Upvote 1

Quick question about Bosch- I'm about halfway through the first series, and I also ordered the first three books which I'll start probably in a week or so. Will I ruin the series by reading the books, or vice versa? Just wondering if it'd be best to finish the series first before starting on the books.

The TV series is all jumbled up, each season takes about two or three books and puts various strands into the season. For example season one is based on books 3, 8 and 12. Season three is based on books 1, 7 and 15. 

The books also differ quite a bit so I wouldn’t worry too much, I don’t think it’ll spoil your enjoyment. If you want to be safe wait until you’re past season three of the TV series and you’ll be past books 1-5 in reading order. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Celebrity Who Dares Wins. 

Belle, Katie Price, John Fashanu and a few others on it. Katie Price is just car crash. 

I just posted on the boxing thread about Bellew. When he retired he said he wanted to be left alone and called Anthony, the cunts never been off TV since.

24 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

The TV series is all jumbled up, each season takes about two or three books and puts various strands into the season. For example season one is based on books 3, 8 and 12. Season three is based on books 1, 7 and 15. 

The books also differ quite a bit so I wouldn’t worry too much, I don’t think it’ll spoil your enjoyment. If you want to be safe wait until you’re past season three of the TV series and you’ll be past books 1-5 in reading order. 

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I've read all the books and it didnt harm my enjoyment of series 1.

Great, cheers guys.

45 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve not seen the last series is it any good?