You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Bromwich Albion FC vs Liverpool FC

Pureblood

This is a team that has only won four league games all season. The last one was home to Newcastle on New Years day. The Geordies played with ten men for an hour before conceding an 85th minute penalty and lost 1-0. Their previous win was a 2-0 on the 2nd Nov at home to Palace - their seventh straight defeat on the bounce.

Us and Villa are the only teams to put more that 3 past them in the league this year so they can't be that poor at the back. They have taken points off Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Utd this season so may be a team that raises their game for the big occasions.

I think we will stuff them if set up right and mentally prepared correctly.

It's all about the feel good factor today. We are going to a place in poor form after having a good week on the pitch and disappointing one off it. If the players are not up for this, then they should be - they should have the mentality that says "fuck it, we'll prove people wrong, if they think we are not good enough without signings, we'll show 'em".

February will actually show our true character as a collective unit. We come through it well, then I've got high hopes for the future. We fall apart then it's concerning.

Lugano is also the captain of the Uruguay national team, and thus the only defender in the league not likely to kick Suarez all over the park. At least I hope not.

We are still in it. All business today, please, and no monkeying around with formations.

Score first and we should win by a couple. Concede first and we'll draw. Our midfield still makes me nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed.

we will give them opportunities as we did against villa and everton. villa took theirs everton didnt.

plus we pressed everton hard when they had the ball. we didnt against villa until we wer 2 nil down.

we actually make the game really open so we can whack them on the break.

but we still need to defend and keep them out.

Heard Allen is back.

thst was my fear. why change a winning team and who misses out?

on the other hand the everton game is completely unique in that it doesn't require much getting up for.

not sure that will come as easily against west brom and one thing allen is good at is pressing.

I'm not worried, therefore we'll struggle. When we start looking past fixtures we tend to trip up.

Spot on.  This season is a strange one.  Every time I think "the pressure will be too much, we will be beaten by Spurs/United/Everton this time," instead we play brilliantly and dominate the match and get a result.

Every time I think "oh, Hull, that's three points in the bank, time to start looking at the table and seeing how many points we'll be clear of the pack after the game" we slip up.  We have been much better against the poor teams this season but that's probably why my mind is telling me we'll regress to the mean by dropping points today.