You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby Thread

Rapey Hugh

Guest Pistonbroke

Good first half from England spent mostly in the Irish half, could and should have had a lot more to show for it but the Irish backs put in some shift. I can see us overwhelming them in the second half though, they just luck happy trying to soak up the pressure and hope they can get a break away on turnovers or England mistakes. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Don't underestimate the Irish, G.

They're as self-important, unrelenting and serious about anything to do with besting England as that smart new avatar of yours.

Don't underestimate the Irish, G.

They're as self-important, unrelenting and serious about anything to do with besting England as that smart new avatar of yours.

I'd never underestimate them mate but you can't keep making 180 tackles a game and expect to keep fitness levels going, the English forwards are going to put them under some serious pressure in the second half and if we can get an early try it'll break those huge Irish hearts. Ireland have to try and play a more expansive game at some time, they can't keep doing what they have been doing so far. 

I'd never underestimate them mate but you can't keep making 180 tackles a game and expect to keep fitness levels going, the English forwards are going to put them under some serious pressure in the second half and if we can get an early try it'll break those huge Irish hearts. Ireland have to try and play a more expansive game at some time, they can't keep doing what they have been doing so far. 

I would have thought I'd have put my Irish wife away after 14 years spent camped in her half, G, but she keeps scoring tries against the run of play with monotonous regularity, and no doubt will for the next 25 to 30 years until she buries me, mate.

It's like a Pole continually saying "fuck you, I'm better" to a Russian, which you'd be well aware of.

Ireland are a tackling and penalty team. That's just them, since St Patrick, bless them.

Guest Pistonbroke

Oh English rugby. Not you as well. That stupid fucking music.

Oh English rugby. Not you as well. That stupid fucking music.

Annoying as fuck. Be fucking skanky cheerleaders next.