Quantcast
Mohamed Salah - Page 202 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Mohamed Salah

34 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Salah is not even in the top 5 player for us this season. No matter what, he had a good season. 

23 goals and 13 assists in 46 games and not even in our top five players, funny. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Trent rocking up in both Young Player and Player competitions.

Would have thought De Bruyne gets it though.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Trent rocking up in both Young Player and Player competitions.

Would have thought De Bruyne gets it though.

Yeah Peps been crying like fuck about it

A lot of his general play is quite poor to be honest, like his passing and dribbling. Often he just hits it at the nearest defender to him.

In his 1st season apart from his goals he used to be a constant threat to the opposition, now not as much. He doesn't make runs in behind defenders as much as before and mostly waits for the ball to be played into him.

Whereas in his 1st season he was scoring more naturally and linking with the others more naturally, now his first thought is if he can get a shot off. He seems more determined to score now which ironically is working against him as he's almost trying too hard to score and putting extra pressure on himself at the same time. 

Because he's not linking with the others as much, he's missing out on a lot of the 'simple' tap ins he was getting in his first season.

The difference in attitude between him and Mane after the lockdown was obvious. Mo was clearly playing for the Golden Boot, whereas Mane who was only 1 or 2 goals behind Mo wasnt displaying any such ambition openly.

I think the above explains why our attack doesn't seem as fluid as it did previously....how I see it anyway

• Downvote 3

Salah brings more than just ability, he's an iconic player. Millions of kids around the world are pretending to be him when they're playing with their mates. That kind of value to a club goes beyond goals. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Salah brings more than just ability, he's an iconic player. Millions of kids around the world are pretending to be him when they're playing with their mates. That kind of value to a club goes beyond goals. 

Sadio Mane feeds a village.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Salah is not even in the top 5 player for us this season. No matter what, he had a good season. 

My top 5 for this season:

1. Sadio Mane 

2. Jordan Henderson

3. Virgil Van Dijk

4. Trent Alexander-Arnold

5. Mohamed Salah

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, aRdja said:

My top 5 for this season:

1. Sadio Mane 

2. Jordan Henderson

3. Virgil Van Dijk

4. Trent Alexander-Arnold

5. Mohamed Salah

I don’t kind mind that, the first XI have been absolutely brillant, apart  Bobby. 

Salah had a fabulous season, but that’s my first five : Hendo, Mané, Virgil, robbo, Trent. Mo at 6 number 6.

C’est la vie !

• Upvote 1

Just seen a tweet saying ‘The Mo Salah effect’ with these photos attached.

Each one of these stricken opponents look like they’re pretending to be Phil Jones’ body double.

D9629D67-8A24-444F-8C53-3B3C57A899B6.jpeg

47D638F7-E39D-49C6-9FF8-5B0C198DF47C.jpeg

8589827E-A44A-494E-A7F5-14158F6FDDCE.jpeg

A0F29945-3D21-417A-B5BC-C3D20FF21A5A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Code said:

Id like a GIF of that run and pass to Jota, that was sublime.

That would have been such an incredible goal. Excellent from Salah. I wonder if @Caramac can help?

• Like 1

Funny thing last night was before that moment he took it off Jota's feet I actually thought he was being too unselfish for once! Had an incredible game even though he didn't get on the scoresheet. 

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Fucking great seeing Mo start the season like a train I'm loving it 

Definitely a bit more fire in him than last season.

It must have stung him slightly not getting the Golden Boot. 

• Upvote 1