You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Fowlers God

I'd always wanted a fancy car nice house decent pension and I know a bloke who I am friendly with. Changed my view

Early 60's, state pension & council flat. Eats at his kids houses like a Lord 3 or 4 times a week. Goes for a pint and walks his dog. Worries about fuck all. He has food a roof and the telly. Happiest bloke I know. And he has terminal cancer.

SD you’re wrong on so many levels.

I am a strong person. I have dealt with everything. From being a borderline drug addict as a teen, to being a young father of three, to working 2 jobs to help pay the rent or supporting my wife through mental illness. I help others in all aspects of their lives and many of my friends come to me for counselling as I am a strong person who is able to help shoulder their burdens.

Unfortunately a few months ago my wife told me that she was struggling in our relationship. She told me that I wasn’t the forefront of her life any more and we have been separated (although living together) for almost 3 months. This has made me incredibly unwell mentally. I am a fucking wreck. I’m not eating, sleeping, can’t watch TV or concentrate on the smallest of things and have thought that I might be better of not being here.

I am aware though that this is the illness talking and my way of mind at the moment. I am unable to control my emotions. I don’t feel in control of my life. I’m still pretty good socially and at work but there’s moments in my day where I have to go off and cry in the toilets for no reason what’s so ever.

I have 3 beautiful children, a good house and money (sort of) don’t you dare tell me that because I have all of these that I shouldn’t be depressed.

It’s people and the viewpoint that you have that causes such high suicide rates, that stops people from talking about their mental health because it will just get brushed off with pull yourself together. There’s people in Africa who don’t have drinking water and you’re depressed. It’s a shit attitude and you can actually fuck off for that.

Don't get yourself wound up by him. He's a Class A dickhead.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have 3 beautiful children, a good house and money (sort of) don’t you dare tell me that because I have all of these that I shouldn’t be depressed.

Who the fuck has told you that? I certainly haven't. All I've done is counter Section's ridiculous claim that depression, suicide etc is all the fault of ebil capitalism.

People are downright fucking bizarre. Try READING what is written rather than making shit up in your own minds. And that goes double for that vermin cunt Anubis.

• Downvote 3

Who the fuck has told you that? I certainly haven't. All I've done is counter Section's ridiculous claim that depression, suicide etc is all the fault of ebil capitalism.

People are downright fucking bizarre. Try READING what is written rather than making shit up in your own minds. And that goes double for that vermin cunt Anubis.

Ah the straw man again, I said nothing of the sort- and I didn't say capitalism is evil.

Ah the straw man again, I said nothing of the sort- and I didn't say capitalism is evil.

It's literally two fucking pages back!

The reason successive governments don't pay this the attention it's due is because they've [sic] all know they're at least partly responsible by pursuing an economic model that's directly contributed to it.

It's literally two fucking pages back!

You said 'All the fault' I said 'contributed'.

It's a good job you're not a lawyer, your clients would all be in HMP Bellmarsh getting bummed.

I never said capitalism either, let alone evil capitalism, I said economic model. This is not capitalism.

• Upvote 1

hard to know if that isn't a bit of trolling or whatever.... let's be clear only cunt around here is you... I'm happy to meet you and tell you that face to face you fucking cock... 

Yeah, big brave man behind the keyboard aren't you.

Sad, pathetic cunt.

The fuck is wrong with people?

Nah it's more than that, what was the point of your recent comment on the neighbours thread for example?

You put a full frontal nude without NSFW tags. As I said, I was glad I didn't open that thread in work. That's it. What hidden meaning were you expecting?

To follow up a bit on what I said. I don't think it's a case of consumer goods or advertising or any or the rest of it making people depressed in isolation.

There are a huge number of causes of depression, and Scandinavian countries famously struggle with it because of the relative lack or sunlight and its impact on serotonin levels, despite having high quality societies and economies.

But if you look specifically at the number of young men in this country who are grappling with it and we ask ourselves why, in my opinion, much of it is down to the breakdown in traditional communities, families and sense of purpose.

The Bitch works for a company in runcorn that used to be ICI. I know many of those who work there now (nowhere near as many as used to) live hand to mouth in terms of wondering when their contracts will be renewed, if at all. Their pensions also took a hit years ago, while the bloke who owns it is based in Switzerland for tax reasons.

In the days of ICI, thousands worked there. Housing was built for workers. Sports grounds and boozers were built for them. They were relatively well paid and secure jobs. Wives met their husbands there, sons worked alongside dads, at weekends they played sport or watched sport together on those subsidized pitches and went for a pint after.

These communities regulated themselves. If someone kicked off they got sorted out by everyone else, if a woman had a bad birth and needed support the other family, friends and neighbours would help, rather than having to rely on the state- the police and the NHS - to do everything.

Now don't get me wrong. I'd have hated that kind of life and to have worked somewhere like that. Same goes for mines, farms, factories etc, but I can still see what those kinds of sources of mass and secure employment brought to communities, and especially to young men.

A huge amount of stress in people's lives comes from the feeling of being alone, not just in terms of personal loneliness, but in terms of the feeling that no one has got your back, that if you fall or can't get up you're on your own, the loss of communities and family have contributed to that feeling massively in my opinion. People quite simply weren't meant to live like this.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, granted I should've done but you didn't open in work though did you, so why go to the trouble of complaining about it the way you did, unless you're a bit of a tit

So you don't do it again? Have you been paying any attention to forum etiquette around here?

A huge amount of stress in people's lives comes from the feeling of being alone, not just in terms of personal loneliness, but in terms of the feeling that no one has got your back, that if you fall or can't get up you're on your own, the loss of communities and family have contributed to that feeling massively in my opinion. People quite simply weren't meant to live like this.

But surely with the internet it's easier than it ever was to interact with other people? And if you're really lucky, nobody will offer to fight you because they disagreed with something you wrote.

To follow up a bit on what I said. I don't think it's a case of consumer goods or advertising or any or the rest of it making people depressed in isolation.

There are a huge number of causes of depression, and Scandinavian countries famously struggle with it because of the relative lack or sunlight and its impact on serotonin levels, despite having high quality societies and economies.

But if you look specifically at the number of young men in this country who are grappling with it and we ask ourselves why, in my opinion, much of it is down to the breakdown in traditional communities, families and sense of purpose.

The Bitch works for a company in runcorn that used to be ICI. I know many of those who work there now (nowhere near as many as used to) live hand to mouth in terms of wondering when their contracts will be renewed, if at all. Their pensions also took a hit years ago, while the bloke who owns it is based in Switzerland for tax reasons.

In the days of ICI, thousands worked there. Housing was built for workers. Sports grounds and boozers were built for them. They were relatively well paid and secure jobs. Wives met their husbands there, sons worked alongside dads, at weekends they played sport or watched sport together on those subsidized pitches and went for a pint after.

These communities regulated themselves. If someone kicked off they got sorted out by everyone else, if a woman had a bad birth and needed support the other family, friends and neighbours would help, rather than having to rely on the state- the police and the NHS - to do everything.

Now don't get me wrong. I'd have hated that kind of life and to have worked somewhere like that. Same goes for mines, farms, factories etc, but I can still see what those kinds of sources of mass and secure employment brought to communities, and especially to young men.

Yep. I'd give up every gadget not to have to be pushed to my mental and physical limits by work for miserable pay, complete isolation and constant competitive stress.

Yep. I'd give up every gadget not to have to be pushed to my mental and physical limits by work for miserable pay, complete isolation and constant competitive stress.

Nail on the head. Men are not designed to do that especially when not granted the reward of respect within the home and society.

• Upvote 2

hard to know if that isn't a bit of trolling or whatever.... let's be clear only cunt around here is you... I'm happy to meet you and tell you that face to face you fucking cock...

I feel I should start a shit thread so you can all turn on me instead of each other. This is a very emotive subject and not the place for some of this nonsense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1