You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Fowlers God

Just wondering if it was a possibility if I did get hold of the cash (I'm not going to crowdfund or anything, I ain't that crazy).

I know how you feel. Done the research myself. The world is brutal and becoming even worse as greed and selfishness take over. I've found a partial way out with a lot of therapy, medication, hydrotherapy, massages, art and Buddhism. Consider it, mate. There's good people out there. Perhaps you're being suffocated by being around bellends.

Just remember,no matter how rich, famous or great someone is they end up in the same ground you and I do.

• Upvote 1

Saw that Ricky Gervais has a new show coming up on Netflix.

It's based on a bloke who's hit a load of shit in his life and comes to the decision he wants to end it, but before he does the deed he decides he is going to live long enough to piss the world off, then says and does whatever the fuck he wants, thinking it won't matter because he'll be dead soon anyway.

I like to imagine that I'd be the same if it came down to it, I'd just sell all my shit and fuck off on a mission to do as much daft shit as I could fit in, afterwards I'd either have a new perspective or I'll end up getting myself killed in the midst of said daft shit.

Instead of being sad about my life, I'd be angry at it, then I'd grab life by the pussy and ride off into the sunset.

Words of wisdom from Hades there. Creator this is only a temporary feeling mate and I promise you it will pass.

There are things you can do to help make these negative feelings go away, it's not always easy to do but it is more than doable. Just take it in small steps, you don't have to make giant strides, just changing little things can have a big impact. Even just finding an hour for yourself at the weekend - same time every week- where you dump your phone and just do something you enjoy that focusses solely on you.

• Upvote 1

Saw that Ricky Gervais has a new show coming up on Netflix.

It's based on a bloke who's hit a load of shit in his life and comes to the decision he wants to end it, but before he does the deed he decides he is going to live long enough to piss the world off, then says and does whatever the fuck he wants, thinking it won't matter because he'll be dead soon anyway.

I like to imagine that I'd be the same if it came down to it, I'd just sell all my shit and fuck off on a mission to do as much daft shit as I could fit in, afterwards I'd either have a new perspective or I'll end up getting myself killed in the midst of said daft shit.

Instead of being sad about my life, I'd be angry at it, then I'd grab life by the pussy and ride off into the sunset.

I think I'd probably do a Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas if it came down to it

Apologies, my reply wasn't very helpful especially if you'd seriously consider assisted suicide if that was an option? Hope you start to feel better soon mate. Might be worth sticking around until the 26th at least

Cheers mate, I don't think that events on 26th will be of any assistance to me, but I appreciate the sentiment.
  • Upvote 1

I know how you feel. Done the research myself. The world is brutal and becoming even worse as greed and selfishness take over. I've found a partial way out with a lot of therapy, medication, hydrotherapy, massages, art and Buddhism. Consider it, mate. There's good people out there. Perhaps you're being suffocated by being around bellends.

Just remember,no matter how rich, famous or great someone is they end up in the same ground you and I do.

Appreciate that mate. Sadly even if those things (art etc) were of an interest to me, I wouldn't have the time.

I went to jump in the harbour once. Off the wall. Got there and the fucking tide was out. Went for a pint to wait for it to come in. Cant remember what happened after that but i was in bed in the morning.

You went to off yourself by jumping to your death but waited for the tide to come in?

Fuck that.  I'm immortal.

• Upvote 1

But sadly, with ashes no longer scattered on the penalty spot - nor even behind the goal.

Bad for the turf/pitch was the excuse given for that prohibition, from memory.

Shit the bed....

Mate, don’t do it!!!

I feel your pain however, I was there 12 months ago, it’s a very dark place, the constant thoughts of how, where and when it’s going to happen, the rollercoaster of emotions of what you’ll do to those around you and the “benefit” that you’ll take from no longer been in the mental excruciating pain that you find yourself in!!

It’s seems frivolous as the receiver to say think of your wife/kids/parents and how they’ll feel if you actually do it - I know that the place your in, means that is the last thing on your mind!!

I don’t know your circumstances as to why you’re in the place you are, but trust me, taking oxygen from this planet for the long term is most definitely far better than leaving this green earth.

You need a confidant, someone to talk to who will listen and help rationalise your situation, surprisingly that person may already exist in your own personal “network” - you’ll know who they are and you NEED to tell them you need help, you’ll be surprised how supportive they’ll be

Don’t feel weak at talking to them, if you don’t know who, then please make a call to the Samaritans!!!

Me?? I went for one last walk, take in the scenery of a beautiful place as my last memory! Whilst there I sent a message of goodbye, that person was faster than lightning in been there for me. Listened, didn’t judge, and supported me back from the brink!!

I would’ve left three kids without a dad, I didn’t care at the time, but now..... my relationship with them is amazing!!

I’m not “better” as in healed, I still have shit days, days when I question my decisions (not the one in ending it) but the decisions that have made my life what it is today!

I have that person, who will always know where I was that day, who makes time for me, who now sees the days when I’m low, even when I try hard to hide it, when others can’t see that, because they don’t know where I was

Why say some of this... well I look back and believe that somewhere in the back of my brain I didn’t really want to end it, yet the demons had overtaken!! The fact that you won’t do it on your other half’s birthday “cos you’re not that much of a cunt” says to me that somewhere deep down a small part of you is the same.

Don’t let the demons win, talk to someone, make that cry for help ... PLEASE!! Cos if you do, sometime from now you’ll look back and thank whatever and whoever you believe in for the ability to reach out.

Life can be shit, but it can be amazing too, it’s a fuckin hell of a rollercoaster as well, but we only get one chance here. Make it the best you can and tell someone how much ch you’re hurting right now so you can get the help you need.

Much love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The confidante, he got you an iPhone didn't he.

• Upvote 1

Read the Israel - a rant thread, see words like 'they had it coming'.

Shake head and realise you're right! There is no hope!

How do you feel if you shut yourself off from hearing/reading about the rest of the world, that you can’t control and focus your energies on the little things?

How do you feel if you shut yourself off from hearing/reading about the rest of the world, that you can’t control and focus your energies on the little things?

Is that two questions or one? I'm easily confused at the moment.

I don't know how to answer either part of the question(s) if I'm honest. All I know is I've had enough, and it's only fear of death that's keeping me alive!

Is that two questions or one? I'm easily confused at the moment.

I don't know how to answer either part of the question(s) if I'm honest. All I know is I've had enough, and it's only fear of death that's keeping me alive!

Flip that mate. Its not fear keeping you going it is bravery and spirit. Nurture it.