You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Fowlers God

That’s the illness talking. No one will be better off without you. I feel a complete failure of life at the minute. I’m struggling with work, I’m depressed, I have severe anxiety and panic attacks and my marriage is failing. But through all of that even though I don’t FEEL it, I UNDERSTAND that I have 3 young children who adore me and I’m a parent to them and their lives will be destroyed if I take my life.

I’m in a period of life that will pass. I don’t FEEL that way but I UNDERSTAND it

• Upvote 2

Can you not get yourself sectioned mate. Sounds harsh but you need care.

You cant get really get yourself 'sectioned', Anny. Being 'sectioned', not a term practitioners are encouraged to use any more, means that you're unwilling to be admitted to hospital voluntarily.

I do think you should be presenting yourself at an emergency psychiatric assessment service, though, Paul

Sorry Champ I'll say no more because although I have experience I have zero knowledge.

I know you tried to help when I was in the shit. The fact that I still remember it despite ignoring it means even as an insignificant avatar on the internet you helped.

Noone is alone or as low as someone you will meet soon.

• Upvote 1

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.”

Albert Einstein

There is a way through this. The same dissatisfaction that is creating such horrible suffering has a light at the end, and it's not a bleak death with wrecked lives left behind. It requires lots of small changes. It's the only way through.

• Upvote 3

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.”

Albert Einstein

There is a way through this. The same dissatisfaction that is creating such horrible suffering has a light at the end, and it's not a bleak death with wrecked lives left behind. It requires lots of small changes. It's the only way through.

Greater love hath no man than to stay alive for his family and friends.

Anon

• Upvote 1

I have a believe that does not ridicule religion.

All of the myths and bollocks we have heard past down through millennia are probably based on truth.

All the profits probably are more enlightened than the rest of us and Jesus was probably beamed up by a flying saucer.

That’s more likely than him being GOD.

GOD is probably cardondxhydrogenxoxgenx2....etc

There is no beautiful consciousness except excepting you are here.

You are a result of a fart on Jupiter a mushroom on mars and a rats piss on wherever. Why worry enough to not live it.

Can you not get yourself sectioned mate. Sounds harsh but you need care.

Was going to say that myself.

You cant get really get yourself 'sectioned', Anny. Being 'sectioned', not a term practitioners are encouraged to use any more, means that you're unwilling to be admitted to hospital voluntarily.

kd9EGcbNVSIu.gif

• Upvote 5

You don't get it mate. I don't want to fight anymore, I'm tired of it! I've been fighting this for about 20 years and I'm sick of it.

I just want to lose the fear, that's all that remains, all that stands in my way!

It just needs to end!

The wife and kids will make a much better, happier life for themselves once I've gone! I don't make their lives better I simply drag them down to my scummy level and they don't need that shit.

Often when we've been trying to manage something for so long it can feel like it's never going to get better and we eventually become sick of each and every day. That's completely understandable but it's just an example of needing new coping strategies.

When we're low in mood it's easy to justify that we are the burden to those around us. It's actually never the case, those around us want to help us. Sometimes they just don't know where to start or even what to say to 'fix' it. It's really, really hard when you don't know what works and what makes it better.

For now buddy, I think your first point of call would be to speak to your GP. Book an appointment and speak to them as honest as you can.

They are there to help you, make that first step. You're spending a lot of your energy commenting on this thread, and that's great, I hope you continue to do so. But seek some professional support too.

Should you be unable to keep yourself safe, present at A&E.

Any questions just send me a message.

• Upvote 2

Good news everyone, I'm packing my job in today and the fear of death is dissipating!

So, more time to speak to your GP, right? 

Seriously pal, there isn't going to be anyone on here who will encourage self-destructive behaviour. 

Considering your logging on here and posting, I'm going to assume there's a small part of you that wants support/help. 

I'd suggest making another step into managing that emotional pain by seeking therapy. 

Here is your starting point: http://www.nwbh.nhs.uk/assessment-knowsley

It can't be good having so many ,well intentioned , people telling you what to do or not do so I'll only make the one observation and apologies if it makes matter worse, . From reading what you have said you seem to have self esteem issues and are on self destruct, At some point you will accept help and all I would say why wait until you reach rock bottom and lose your home and family, I know a little bit a mental health issues from someone very close that spent a career in the NHS dealing with homeless and suicidal people, I'm am sure what you are going through can be turned around, There is medication and behaviour therapy programmes that can help. Best wishes mate.    

You are reaching out on a Football Forum so you must want help, go and get it. Posting threats of suicide on here won't help you if you won't seek help. Professional people on here have told you, you say you've tried everything. Try them again and think of watching your kids grow up.