Jump to content
  • Sign up for free and receive a month's subscription

    You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you


boots123
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

People who refer to their workplace as being “like a family”.

 

These people are sometimes so brainwashed that they maintain this stance when their ‘family’ are getting made redundant despite shareholder payouts, and executive pay rises. 
 

They even believe it when they get passed over for a promotion because their face clearly doesn’t fit.

 

And they absolutely know it when they’re asked to work longer for less, or do more with less.

 

I suppose some (not all) family businesses might be “like a family” but most teams and/or businesses are not.

 

Similarities such as; bickering, back biting, long held resentments, unhealthy competition, outright disdain for each other, and racing to the kitchen for leftover sandwiches are not enough to declare “we are family”.


Trotsky over here. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People who say I love you really easily. Especially on reality programmes. Love island being one perfect example. “Love you my babes” you’ve know the cunt two days and she’d easily bend over for the fella you now “love” in a heartbeat 

 

 

 

 

 

 

People who watch love island 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not you @Jennings I love you man 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

People who refer to their workplace as being “like a family”.

 

These people are sometimes so brainwashed that they maintain this stance when their ‘family’ are getting made redundant despite shareholder payouts, and executive pay rises. 
 

They even believe it when they get passed over for a promotion because their face clearly doesn’t fit.

 

And they absolutely know it when they’re asked to work longer for less, or do more with less.

 

I suppose some (not all) family businesses might be “like a family” but most teams and/or businesses are not.

 

Similarities such as; bickering, back biting, long held resentments, unhealthy competition, outright disdain for each other, and racing to the kitchen for leftover sandwiches are not enough to declare “we are family”.

I think that people who have to work long hours over long periods of time,usually on the shopfloor,spend more time with these colleagues than they would prefer. They are like the family you would rather not spend time with,but have to. Meanwhile your blood family are relegated to 'Prison Visitor' time. I'm sure it relates to Office Workers too but I haven't spent any time in that environment.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

People who refer to their workplace as being “like a family”.

 

These people are sometimes so brainwashed that they maintain this stance when their ‘family’ are getting made redundant despite shareholder payouts, and executive pay rises. 
 

They even believe it when they get passed over for a promotion because their face clearly doesn’t fit.

 

And they absolutely know it when they’re asked to work longer for less, or do more with less.

 

I suppose some (not all) family businesses might be “like a family” but most teams and/or businesses are not.

 

Similarities such as; bickering, back biting, long held resentments, unhealthy competition, outright disdain for each other, and racing to the kitchen for leftover sandwiches are not enough to declare “we are family”.

It's all manipulation. You see it on a lesser scale with salesmen they will be anything you need them to be if they know you'll buy whatever they are selling. They'll be your friend, your counselor, shoulder to cry on for as long as it takes for you to sign the contract. Fucking parasites.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The BBC live reporting on shit. They have a live report now on the solar eclipse. Like "Moon starts to cover sun - moon covers sun completely - moons reduces coverage of sun - moon no longer covers sun at all"

 

There's your report! Now fuck off!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Elite said:

It's all manipulation. You see it on a lesser scale with salesmen they will be anything you need them to be if they know you'll buy whatever they are selling. They'll be your friend, your counselor, shoulder to cry on for as long as it takes for you to sign the contract. Fucking parasites.

To be fair, if you have used a salesman to be all those things, he's probably earned that sale.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know we’ve had the opening paracetamol at the instruction end every time rant but has anyone noticed recently how hard it is to get one out???? 
 

Also this bottle top thing is pissing me off. I know it’s probably for the greater good but it’s ruining my experience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

I used to work with some Eastern Europeans (more than one) that used the word ‘calibrate’. Not often, just every now and again.

 

For some reason it pissed me right off. No idea why. 


Bet you never told them though did you. Knew it you shithouse. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know we’ve had the opening paracetamol at the instruction end every time rant but has anyone noticed recently how hard it is to get one out???? 
 

Also this bottle top thing is pissing me off. I know it’s probably for the greater good but it’s ruining my experience 

 

Yes! They often break in two. The nicotine lozenges I'm addicted to are the same, I have to break the foil with a nail to get at the lovely little things.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

 

Yes! They often break in two. The nicotine lozenges I'm addicted to are the same, I have to break the foil with a nail to get at the lovely little things.


It’s a cunt of a job. Ibuprofen pops out like a Tuesday morning turd. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might have said this one before, if I haven’t someone else will have.

 

People who can’t shut up, even for a nano second. They fill every silence and live their lives with the belief that any old bollocks is better than peace and quiet.

 

In the same way that random shooters roam about looking for strangers to murder, these fuckers do the same in search of victims to talk to.
 

For those unfortunate enough to be in the ‘wrong place, at the wrong time’ it’s essentially death by a thousand cuts (or a million boring words).

 

Why can’t they just share their banal musings on an Internet forum like a normal person!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/04/2024 at 19:35, Bjornebye said:

I know we’ve had the opening paracetamol at the instruction end every time rant but has anyone noticed recently how hard it is to get one out???? 
 

Also this bottle top thing is pissing me off. I know it’s probably for the greater good but it’s ruining my experience 


 

Oh, this bottle top thing is really fucking grinding my gears. You’re taking a massive gamble if you’re wearing light coloured clothes. Your day could be ruined in an instant. 
 

Why have they changed them?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


 

Oh, this bottle top thing is really fucking grinding my gears. You’re taking a massive gamble if you’re wearing light coloured clothes. Your day could be ruined in an instant. 
 

Why have they changed them?


Something to do with global warming and bottle tops on their own causing murder to the planet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:


Something to do with global warming and bottle tops on their own causing murder to the planet 


It’s that little bitch, Thunberg, again. When is she gonna pipe down?

 

I hope she gets Dr Pepper all over a nice new white t-shirt. Fucking ‘ave it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


It’s that little bitch, Thunberg, again. When is she gonna pipe down?

 

I hope she gets Dr Pepper all over a nice new white t-shirt. Fucking ‘ave it. 


Hahahaha 


It’s very fucking annoying whatever it is. Twat to retighten and all. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/04/2024 at 11:23, VladimirIlyich said:

I always thought people were calling him 'Jonty Rhodes.'


Nah, he was South African and the greatest cricket fielder ever, this bloke is an annoying Aussie cunt who keeps saying super as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

People who can’t shut up, even for a nano second. They fill every silence and live their lives with the belief that any old bollocks is better than peace and quiet.

 

You've met the wife's sisters then ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sir roger said:

Just went to make some bacon and realised that I had bought smoked bacon by mistake from Tesco ,but it was in a blue packet. Surely smoked bacon is always in red packets.

More concerned about you actively going after unsmoked bacon like a deviant of some sort.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...