You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Doesn't seem like any sport is fair and square anymore. 

Apart from the Snooker of course. fucking love it I do. Love it. 

Rugby league is reasonably fair as well, well apart from the juicing like!

10 minutes ago, Aventus said:

They need to change the scoring system, its too easy to get it wrong when judging 3 rounds.

Yep

One bad round swings the fight. Same reason I don't agree with Rogan keep whinging as soon as a eye pike happens deduct a point. Too dangerous in a 3 round fight

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yep

One bad round swings the fight. Same reason I don't agree with Rogan keep whinging as soon as a eye pike happens deduct a point. Too dangerous in a 3 round fight

Half the time it doesn't even need to be a bad round, it can be an almost 50/50 borderline round and one judges opinion on it is enough to throw a split decision one way or the other. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aventus said:

Half the time it doesn't even need to be a bad round, it can be an almost 50/50 borderline round and one judges opinion on it is enough to throw a split decision one way or the other. 

Yeah problem with three round fights. I also think it's why you don't get the legendary fights like you do in boxing. From a narrative perspective you don't get 12 rounds for the story to play out. Not enough time for swings

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah problem with three round fights. I also think it's why you don't get the legendary fights like you do in boxing. From a narrative perspective you don't get 12 rounds for the story to play out. Not enough time for swings

Yeah, there's also the fact that in boxing you have the opportunity to get knocked down beat the count and overcome that to win the fight, with MMA usually if you get knocked down you get finished off straight after. 

• Upvote 1