You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

51 minutes ago, Elite said:

I thought the Pimblett fight was very close, no issue with him winning but would have felt the same way about a Gordon win.

Till is finished now at this level. Dunno whether it's injuries/confidence but he's shot. A toddler could take him down.

I had it 29-28 to Gordon. That first round was tight and Paddy was landing the leg kicks, but he was getting tagged with that left loads and the odd leg kick back. 

Second round I gave to Paddy amd 3rd defo went to Gordon. Even Pimblett said he coasted and gave that round up, but that also suggests that he was confident he was ahead. He said to his corner after the first that he was defo winning and wasn’t really listening to them I thought.

He seems to have slipped off course a bit this time round - the Helwani stuff, the press conference bicker with Topuria, the underwhelming performance last night. He needs a big showing next time out. Even that interview with rogan afterwards - the joke about interview fees was flat and the gesture to join up with Gordon on community work felt forced.

Hopefully he gets back to being himself and enjoying it, as it felt a bit off during the last couple of weeks.

I must add my rundown is from a casual fan - I’m leaning towards getting into it it more as I’m completely disengaged with the boxing these days and need to fill the gap!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

Topuria would batter Paddy.

Handily. As would any ranked lightweight (except for maybe Ferguson). His game's a total mess unless the fight's on the ground.

Amazing performance from Topuria, though. I was kinda leaning toward Mitchell before the fight, but Topuria just completely dismantled him. Really impressive.

And yeah Till's done, isn't he? No idea how many fights he's got left on his contract but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him released.

Gordon won that fight 29-28 and he's ranked about number 26 in the world. 

Pimblett is fairly shite tbh. The likes of Drew Dober would beat him easily. Oliveira, Gaethje, et al would bury him.

Till was embarrassing. All that time he spent with Chimaev and he couldn't defend desperation lunge takedowns. He looks shot.

17 minutes ago, Em City said:

Gordon won that fight 29-28 and he's ranked about number 26 in the world. 

Pimblett is fairly shite tbh. The likes of Drew Dober would beat him easily. Oliveira, Gaethje, et al would bury him.

Till was embarrassing. All that time he spent with Chimaev and he couldn't defend desperation lunge takedowns. He looks shot.

It's bizarre how shite he is defending takedowns and wrestling.

• 1 month later...

One FC is starting a weekly show. Looks like it'll be mostly muay thai and kickboxing. Starts this week on ones youtube page. Live from the Lumpinee stadium in Bangkok

All of One FC events are free and live through the app and YouTube. While it's not ufc level overall the events are really good and have mixed MMA,Grappling Kickboxing and Muay Thai fights in the cage. Some Muay Thai is in mma gloves too. 

Great event last week

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Paddy the Baddy smoking a spliff on his instagram video on a boat in Jamaica? 

Doesn't bother me like but surely that's against the rules in his sport 

Not since 2021. THC not on the banned substance list out of competition. 

The updated rules effective as of Jan. 1 will no longer punish athletes who test positive for marijuana, specifically THC (11-nor-9-carboxy-tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the main psychoactive ingredient in the drug.

Previously, athletes were only tested for marijuana in-competition around a fight but there were threshold levels in place and a positive test above that limit resulted in a doping violation. Now under the new rules, fighters will no longer be punished for testing positive for marijuana unless “further evidence demonstrates the substance was taken for performance-enhancing purposes.”

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fair play to him. Not for me but he looked happy. 

Just updated my post  it's changed again. Not really tested fir at all anymore

Being legal in most states in the US it makes sense. Lots of fighters smoke, calms them down to sleep and also the CBD effects are good for training a d far better than pain killers

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Just updated my post  it's changed again. Not really tested fir at all anymore

Being legal in most states in the US it makes sense. Lots of fighters smoke, calms them down to sleep and also the CBD effects are good for training a d far better than pain killers

Alright Paddy. 

Makes sense though. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Alright Paddy. 

Lol

I don't smoke, I don't do well with any of that stuff. A few drinks on a fight night is about it. 

I do find it hilarious how so many that do need to show you how cool they are doing it. Nothing g more cringey that a near 30 year old putting out social media videos of themselves smoking. Just waiting for the home videos of background music from Bob Marley some wall prints of weed leaves and lava lamps

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Lol

I don't smoke, I don't do well with any of that stuff. A few drinks on a fight night is about it. 

I do find it hilarious how so many that do need to show you how cool they are doing it. Nothing g more cringey that a near 30 year old putting out social media videos of themselves smoking. Just waiting for the home videos of background music from Bob Marley some wall prints of weed leaves and lava lamps

Me neither, never agreed with me. But yeah he was on a boat, in Jamaica with Bob Marley playing. As I say, fair play. 

"lol" Come on Lee