You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Really good card.the Brazilian crows once again showing themselves up. All big and tough with the 'your gonna die' chants and other nasty shit. But as soon as the home fighters do t win off they fuck. 

Glover deserved far better than finishing his fight and retiring to a half empty arena. 

End of a era with Glover and Shogun retiring. 

Lauren Murphy is tough as fuck but the ref and her own corner were a disgrace sending her out for the 3rd round. To put it in perspective that Joanna-Zhang Weli 5 round title fight,the took a COMBINED 192 significant shots to the head. Lauren Murphy took just over 160 in 3 rounds tonight against Anrade. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Really good card.the Brazilian crows once again showing themselves up. All big and tough with the 'your gonna die' chants and other nasty shit. But as soon as the home fighters do t win off they fuck. 

Glover deserved far better than finishing his fight and retiring to a half empty arena. 

End of a era with Glover and Shogun retiring. 

Lauren Murphy is tough as fuck but the ref and her own corner were a disgrace sending her out for the 3rd round. To put it in perspective that Joanna-Zhang Weli 5 round title fight,the took a COMBINED 192 significant shots to the head. Lauren Murphy took just over 160 in 3 rounds tonight against Anrade. 

Glover took too much punishment as well. Not a great look for the refs, Goddard is usually very good but poor in that main event.

Just now, Lee909 said:

I was surprised he didn’t stop it. I think the fact it was a title match and he was the ref in the Jiri vs Glover fight meant he was happy to let it go once the doctor cleared him. 

I understand why he let it go as you say but he was getting absolutely battered at times.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

It's the one of the worst thing I've seen. It's fucking brain damage tv. Take a palm strike to the jaw or ear and don't defend the oncoming concussion or long term cte

It should be banned as a sport.  Ridiculous event and so dangerous 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Raymond Duck said:

Off topic but I watched Dana’s new Powerslap show recently. I burst out laughing about 10 times, the girl with the Mohawk in particular.

I think I might be in for the long haul on this one. 

When's the rematch with his wife?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2023 at 08:46, Welsh said:

Can't wait for the Islam/Volk fight this weekend. Islam is right, Dana hasn't promoted it at all!

I've had to block and mute every slap fighting bullshit that pops up. I never liked it before Dana bought it and I hate it even more now.

3am for main event, 1am for undercard. Really want to see it, working tomorrow so will make it hard.

40 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

3am for main event, 1am for undercard. Really want to see it, working tomorrow so will make it hard.

Cards not due to finish till between 6-7am. Probably easier to get up at 5am for it. Luckily I'm working tonight so getting paid to watch

Gutted Volk didn't get it done but impressive striking by Islam. Too much has been made about Volk "bulking up" when he used to be around 200lbs as a rugby player.

Love Volk though, easily my favourite fighter in the UFC and on course to being my favourite of all time.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Cards not due to finish till between 6-7am. Probably easier to get up at 5am for it. Luckily I'm working tonight so getting paid to watch

I managed to watch a few, including the main event. Struggled to see how it was a unanimous victory to Markachev.

I had it 48-47 to Islam.

Volkanowski is the pure definition of a dog though, such a tenacious little fucker that would fight you to the death. My favourite fighter.

Islam is no way pound for pound either. It's still Volk. He remains the most dominant champion in his own weight class and took the champion from the weight above all the way.

Volkanovski is a fucking animal.

He wasn't afraid of mixing it with Islam in the grappling at all and even tried for loads of takedowns. Between this and surviving Ortega turning his head into an aubergine colour, he must have the strongest mentality in MMA. I thought Islam would submit him in the third round, but it was pretty much his left hand counters that won it for him in the end.

Some great fights on the undercard as well; Jack Della Maddalena looks a serious prospect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Volkanovski is a fucking animal.

He wasn't afraid of mixing it with Islam in the grappling at all and even tried for loads of takedowns. Between this and surviving Ortega turning his head into an aubergine colour, he must have the strongest mentality in MMA. I thought Islam would submit him in the third round, but it was pretty much his left hand counters that won it for him in the end.

Some great fights on the undercard as well; Jack Della Maddalena looks a serious prospect.

Yeah he did very well against that proper lanky fucker. One to keep an eye on .