You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome back Luis Suarez

WhiskeyJar

All the stuff over the summer has tarnished his standing with the fans somewhat, but if he plays like he did last season and shows the commitment, he'll have us eating out the palm of his hand again.

Its great timing to have him back as well because we are having a slight dip and his return will be a massive boost.

What a gay thread. I cant wait for him to get back. I will pull short of the hero worship. He's a great player for us and adds great value but when the time comes he will drop us like a hot potato. Treat him the way he treats this club. Sing his name but always remember, when you choose to trust a snake, its never the snakes fault when he bites you, its in his nature. 

I've got no time for this at all, he probably sat watching the Southampton game feeling like shit wishing he was at the Emirates not wishing he was on the pitch turning the game around. He hasn't apologised to the people who have risked their name and reputation for him, he's a world class player who will help the team and I know this is nothing more than a negative post which acheives nothing but I can't help saying it. 

• Upvote 1

Apologised for what exactly?

For saying his sole reason for wanting to leave was because he had been hounded out by the Englsih media and then attempting to sell his soul and everything else he could lay his hands on to force a move to another English club, how about that ?? is that good enough ??. or are you going to tell me about how he deserves the right to move and he shouldn't be held against his will etc, he owes us nothing, save your breath if you are.

For saying his sole reason for wanting to leave was because he had been hounded out by the Englsih media and then attempting to sell his soul and everything else he could lay his hands on to force a move to another English club, how about that ?? is that good enough ??

Cant agree with this, I agree with Code72.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For saying his sole reason for wanting to leave was because he had been hounded out by the Englsih media and then attempting to sell his soul and everything else he could lay his hands on to force a move to another English club, how about that ?? is that good enough ??. or are you going to tell me about how he deserves the right to move and he shouldn't be held against his will etc, he owes us nothing, save your breath if you are.

Come on Zeke, that's not a reason to apologize at all.

Who cares what is said in the papers?

"Being persecuted by the paparazzi all the time, I couldn't go to my garden or the supermarket - I couldn't do anything, for this reason and for my family I must leave."

A month later;

"My record shows that I'm not the kind of player who wants to change clubs every season and I would have no problem playing in England for many more years"

I don't feel strongly enough about it to even argue the point and I don't mean the disrespectfully Code, I just don't like reading about people getting giddy to see him again, although I can understand why obviously.

He also ignored the fans a few times when training, he didn't need to do that, he should have said something before he came back, whatever that may have been.

"Being persecuted by the paparazzi all the time, I couldn't go to my garden or the supermarket - I couldn't do anything, for this reason and for my family I must leave."

A month later;

"My record shows that I'm not the kind of player who wants to change clubs every season and I would have no problem playing in England for many more years"

I don't feel strongly enough about it to even argue the point and I don't mean the disrespectfully Code, I just don't like reading about people getting giddy to see him again, although I can understand why obviously.

He also ignored the fans a few times when training, he didn't need to do that, he should have said something before he came back, whatever that may have been.

I think too much is made of those things personally.

At the end of the day he is a work class player and we need him badly in the team, that's all I care about.

I never felt any ill towards Torres when he left either when that is said, so some comments will never bother me.