You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodbye Downing...

WhiskeyJar

I'm merely pointing out that soccernomics had a big influence on the kind of players we were looking to buy and still does. People translate that in different ways to suit the pantomime they've got going on in their head.

Our problems didn't end with the departure of Comolli and Dalglish. We continue to struggle in the transfer market. I think a big reason is these incentive based contracts we are offering. If people think Rodgers has any say in the kind of contracts the club is offering then they're being at best, naive.

I think you are making a bit too much of it. Comolli was a bit of a chancer who based a lot of his thoughts on players around statistics, without appearing to have much other judgement or idea of cost.

However almost every club will use some methods to decide what players they want and what they are willing to pay. We did it under Paisley, Dalglish, Benitez, Robinson and Parry. It's nothing new at all.

Not sure on the incentive based contracts.

The only player who we have reportedly lost based on cash was Sigurdsson wasn't it? It seems to me we have easily signed "lesser" players like Aspas and Alberto and Mignolet, but the ones we try and sign from Champions League clubs we struggle.

Players only move for 3 reasons really; to win things, for more money, or for more playing time.

I think we are struggling at pitching to players on the winning things front.

Well duh, given the manager has never won anything in his life, we our way off fourth, with our best player unhappy to say the least.

A few pre season wins doesnt impress me and neither has our form last season each and every time the pressure was off.

People go on about our end of season run but fail to recall how it actually was, them flaking and making Wengers boys look like a solid mentally unbreakable unit. It was a season of premature ejaculation for many and still they dont learn.

I havent written Rogers off, I mean how old is the guy, like 25 or something, might come good, he's media savvy, says all the right teeth at the white time and tries to play attractive footy. He puts a brave smile on, when the shit hits the fan, and Im sure at the back of his hed, he means well but right now we need a winner, why gamble?

Rafa wanted the job, he wasnt media savvy, more media autistic, his teeth wore the stains of coffee and lentils and if you looked close enough, yes jaffa cake shrapnel, he aged a lot in the job but you know, he overacheived without winning the league, to get us back up to second, well look at us now, better owners but somehow worse off, off the pitch.

Not that its something Im putting forward but there were proven managers out there, was it Hiddink, Van Gaalstones or someone who said they wanted the job?

Jupp Henykes, no tar we're fine finishing 7th over here thanks.

Ive heard it said you see that we had to go for Rogers, FSG's second choice, yo might know me as insane but many people on here actually claimed (Presumably another FSG footballing holocaust denier) that we only spend an age trying to win an agreement with Wigan to speak to Martinex to ask him about Rogers, Im still holding back the tears mate.

Anyway it just shows how deluded many of our fans have become (Numero utero has reached a level of self ignorance on this that has left me stunned, always coming up with heavenely scenarios where the FSG men float in with halos on their heads to the smelly ald club but he never backs his scenarios up and snorts 'where's ye proof' to any critiques, its like gaymen who pick on fellow gays cos their in denial. A common condition. You attack your perception in those, that you fear in yourself.) while the club has slid lid.

Im aware that the club shalt be soldeth however and guess what, you'll just have to take my fucking word ferrit. Its that new shit, ye out of ye mind ye not feelin this hot shit, who stopped tryin my presence will calm you, raise hell, start bar fights with a bouncer, get iller, wiser an richer, you really want that you can get that, break bones on impact, do something show me how you get down, we lookin for souljahs! etc, etc

So yeah you can go along with the FSG dont understand football but theyre right to appoint Rogers somehow, but throw a young manager in there cos they think it breeds stability or some such notion, yeah but you dont know anything about football and we been watchin it fe beards, the top 4 managers was the really experienced ones who had won stuff, fancy that?

Well duh, given the manager has never won anything in his life, we our way off fourth, with our best player unhappy to say the least.

A few pre season wins doesnt impress me and neither has our form last season each and every time the pressure was off.

People go on about our end of season run but fail to recall how it actually was, them flaking and making Wengers boys look like a solid mentally unbreakable unit. It was a season of premature ejaculation for many and still they dont learn.

I havent written Rogers off, I mean how old is the guy, like 25 or something, might come good, he's media savvy, says all the right teeth at the white time and tries to play attractive footy. He puts a brave smile on, when the shit hits the fan, and Im sure at the back of his hed, he means well but right now we need a winner, why gamble?

Rafa wanted the job, he wasnt media savvy, more media autistic, his teeth wore the stains of coffee and lentils and if you looked close enough, yes jaffa cake shrapnel, he aged a lot in the job but you know, he overacheived without winning the league, to get us back up to second, well look at us now, better owners but somehow worse off, off the pitch.

Not that its something Im putting forward but there were proven managers out there, was it Hiddink, Van Gaalstones or someone who said they wanted the job?

Ive heard it said you see that we had to go for Rogers, FSG's second choice, yo might know me as insane but many people on here actually claimed (Presumably another FSG footballing holocaust denier) that we only spend an age trying to win an agreement with Wigan to speak to Martinex to ask him about Rogers, Im still holding back the tears mate.

Anyway it just shows how deluded many of our fans have become (Numero utero has reached a level of self ignorance on this that has left me stunned, always coming up with heavenely scenarios where the FSG men float in with halos on their heads to the smelly ald club but he never backs his scenarios up and snorts 'where's ye proof' to any critiques, its like gaymen who pick on fellow gays cos their in denial. A common condition. You attack your perception in those, that you fear in yourself.) while the club has slid lid.

Im aware that the club shalt be soldeth however and guess what, you'll just have to take my fucking word ferrit. Its that new shit, ye out of ye mind ye not feelin this hot shit, who stopped tryin my presence will calm you, raise hell, start bar fights with a bouncer, get iller, wiser an richer, you really want that you can get that, break bones on impact, do something show me how you get down, we lookin for souljahs! etc, etc

So yeah you can go along with the FSG dont understand football but theyre right to appoint Rogers somehow, but throw a young manager in there cos they think it breeds stability or some such notion, yeah but you dont know anything about football and we been watchin it fe beards, the top 4 managers was the really experienced ones who had won stuff, fancy that?

99% agree. I'm more of a pine marten guy than ferret.

• 1 year later...