You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you do after a really shit day at work?

Redder Lurtz

After a shit day (I'm currently enduring my 4th of the week) I usually leave determined to get shitfaced but it's extremely rare that I do. I find some very loud and heavy music in the car on the way home helps. Tonight being Friday though I'll be getting nicely leathered during a meal out with my 'curry club' mates.

After a shit day (I'm currently enduring my 4th of the week) I usually leave determined to get shitfaced but it's extremely rare that I do. I find some very loud and heavy music in the car on the way home helps. Tonight being Friday though I'll be getting nicely leathered during a meal out with my 'curry club' mates.

Go home and get on with the unavoidable stuff like getting the kids, cooking the tea, doing the washing and leathering Mrs Paul.

Share the misery, threaten to fire the person who has most been responsible for your shit day.

Long term it's a balancing act as it tends to reduce the number of shit days you have but also means that you tend to find out problems when it's too late. Although my response is that it can't be my fault because I didn't know plus many problems fix themselves before I hear about them.

Otherwise, I believe that heroin's quite good at blotting out a bad day

I always bring my running gear to work and blow off the bad days with a 5k straight after work before heading home. Usually have stuff like Metallica, Rage Against the Machine and The Dropkick Murphys shuffling on the ipod.

I then overplay the shit day at work card with the missus and kids at dinner and they treat me like a king.

Once I put the sprogs to bed I then usually retreat into my man cave and stick the headphones on blocking out every single sound in the house and from outside. Pull the curtains and either watch a kick ass DVD or chill with some tunes on the Ipod.

...for example I watched The Thin Red Line the other night after I had listened to London Calling by The Clash.

If I dont have a big day in work the next day I might even treat myself to a few beers.

I always bring my running gear to work and blow off the bad days with a 5k straight after work before heading home. Usually have stuff like Metallica, Rage Against the Machine and The Dropkick Murphys shuffling on the ipod.

I then overplay the shit day at work card with the missus and kids at dinner and they treat me like a king.

Once I put the sprogs to bed I then usually retreat into my man cave and stick the headphones on blocking out every single sound in the house and from outside. Pull the curtains and either watch a kick ass DVD or chill with some tunes on the Ipod.

...for example I watched The Thin Red Line the other night after I had listened to London Calling by The Clash.

If I dont have a big day in work the next day I might even treat myself to a few beers.

If it takes you so long to unwind, are you sure you're in the right job?

haha I dont, I might have a bad hour at the dole office but then Im always comforted by the knowledge I will be rewarded for all your stress by getting your taxes, minus CSA deductions but thats your own careless fault.

*KNOCKS BACK ANOTHER ALCOHOLIC DRINK*

On the way home I think about how I just got paid for that, so it isn't that bad. Go for a jog or chuck some weights around. Wank, shower, drink a bottle of wine or a few bourbons, possibly have some weed, watch some cartoons or anything similarly un-depressing.

Wake up the next day and repeat.

If I have a really bad week I usually book a holiday even if its just a few days away somewhere. It is important to have something to look forward to.

I normally call Mrs Ll on my way home from work to discuss our evening plans, during this time we both quickly rant over imbeciles we have encountered during the day. Once back at her flat we can enjoy the evening without letting it get to us.

I tend to follow a similar pattern, though I try to get home quickly and give the missus a proper seeing to and get all the stress and negative emotions out of my system, then relax and listen to something like:

"Icy wind of night be gone this is not your domain"

In the sky a bird was heard to cry.

Misty morning whisperings and gentle stirring sounds

Belied the deathly silence that lay all around.

Hear the lark and harken to the barking of the dog fox

Gone to ground.

See the splashing of the kingfisher flashing to the water.

And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees

Laughing as it passes through the endless summer

Making for the sea.

In the lazy water meadow I lay me down.

All around me golden sun flakes settle on the ground.

Basking in the sunshine of a bygone afternoon

Bringing sounds of yesterday into this city room.

Hear the lark harken to the barking of the dark fox

Gone to ground.

And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees.

In the lazy water meadow I lay me down.

All around me golden sun flakes covering the ground.

Basking in the sunshine of a bygone afternoon

Bringing sounds of yesterday into this city room.

Hear the lark harken to the barking of the dark fox

Gone to ground.

And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees,

Laughing as it passes through the endless summer making for the sea.

(For the uninitiated, that's "Grantchester Meadows")

A little ultraviolence with my droogs.

clockwork%20crotch%20shot.gif

When the film first came out, I went to see it with a mate. We smoked a shitload of lovely hash first, far too much. Every time there was any violence on the screen, we started giggling and ended up literally rolling in the aisles laughing and cramming popcorn in our faces.

When the lights went up the rest of the audience looked at us like we were sickos which made us laugh even more. I don't remember if I shat myself laughing, but it's quite possible.

Nepalese.