You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Guest San Don

giroud or whatever he's called just saying on BT arse need another striker and they are waiting for one to come in.

Drew 2-2 with napoli.

Agree with TP that Rodgers has handled this well, I don't see how any criticism can be levelled at the club over this. To be honest, I wouldn't be arsed if we sold him to arsenal, they'd still be shite and - to be honest - I don't think he'd go down well in their dressing room and would probably be off next year anyway. I'd rather we offloaded him to them than the other top clubs who might actually have a fucking clue what to do with him. That being said, I'm fucking bored with it - wish he'd just go now.

I'd be fucking livid if we sold to arsenal the way they have played it and arsenal and their fans with the holier than though attitude.

ATK says we will not sell to Arsenal, but Arsenal are trying every trick in the book.

Positive we wont sell him to arsenal as we issued a statement saying we wouldn't . I am not to sure up to that point though that we wouldn't of sold him to them if they came in with a bid around what we want. Just a feeling the club statement came out once they realised that Arsenal would not match the valuation.

Another thing about the announcement as far as I know only mentioned Arsenal and not all English clubs.

I see what your saying but, if Arsenal came up with enough money we would sell to them as much as we all hate that.

What I was aluding to is that each side ( LFC and Suarez) would like to blame the other for him leaving as they could feed that line to the fans

I would be amazed if Arse bid £50m. If they did we would have a bit of a dilemma but Madrid or Bayern will step up i'm sure. As for blaming anyone I think our fans are well aware of the situation . Some will say fair play to Suarez, some will call him an ungrateful cunt etc etc

What fans like myself are more concerned about is not this fucking circus but the FSG model which simply isn't going to fly and which the Suarez situation is the sympton not the disease. We are now down the pecking order unable to keep our best players or attract top class talent to come in.

There is no time to team-build from the bottom with a rookie manager and our current owners are unable or unwilling to make the huge investment needed to reverse our decline. We need a Citeh style lottery win whilst we are still a global brand.

I would be amazed if Arse bid £50m. If they did we would have a bit of a dilemma but Madrid or Bayern will step up i'm sure. As for blaming anyone I think our fans are well aware of the situation . Some will say fair play to Suarez, some will call him an ungrateful cunt etc etc

What fans like myself are more concerned about is not this fucking circus but the FSG model which simply isn't going to fly and which the Suarez situation is the sympton not the disease. We are now down the pecking order unable to keep our best players or attract top class talent to come in.

There is no time to team-build from the bottom with a rookie manager and our current owners are unable or unwilling to make the huge investment needed to reverse our decline. We need a Citeh style lottery win whilst we are still a global brand.

I'm concerned about the FSG model too. We are gonna lose player after player until/unless we are competitive again. I just have this feeling that Arsenal will up their bid

I'm concerned about the FSG model too. We are gonna lose player after player until/unless we are competitive again. I just have this feeling that Arsenal will up their bid

They may do but we don't want to sell to them and I doubt Suarez really wants to play for them so its still unlikey in my book

that's not an FSG model, that is what happens to every club that isn't in the champions league but has a great player on their books.

Guest San Don
the reception for him was outstanding today, I was hoping he wouldn't get booed as that'd do no good whatsoever but wasn't expecting anything like that

Reports suggest he never acknowledged the reception. Anyone know?

Guest San Don
Word is that he isn't with the rest of the team for the dinner for Gerrard tonight. He has behaved like such a fucking gobshite and got that reception today. Says a lot about our fans, but also about Suarez.

That's more than a little disappointing if true. Its one thing to be in disagreement with the club but to snub Gerrard if he has is not on.

Word is that he isn't with the rest of the team for the dinner for Gerrard tonight. He has behaved like such a fucking gobshite and got that reception today. Says a lot about our fans, but also about Suarez.

Lucas tweeted a picture of himself, Coutinho and Coates with their birds and you'd expect Suarez to be with that lot and that could easily be where the rumours have stemmed from.

Perhaps he was there earlier and left due to his wife's pregnancy?

Could also just as easily be him being a twat but also any amount of innocent reasons if in fact he isn't there.

Is this true mate or just a rumour?

I have made my feelings known about him on here for a while, i never warmed to him even though he is a good player and does score great goals. I dont think he will score anywhere near 30 goals next year and i hope we cash in now and give rodgers 50+ million

Suarez going could actually be a great thing for Liverpool, if we havent got as much money as we'd hoped maybe this gives us funds for another DM or centre back and not just attacking players. Could improve the overall strength of the first team and not weaken it like many think.

Err..

So, just because he didn't turn up for the meal, it shows a lot about his mentality and future decisions? Fucking lawl.

Seriously, I think you're all missing the mark regarding this Suarez sega. We're a team that seems to be pretty reliant on one world-class player. Although it'd be wonderful to have a collection of them, the fine line is, we're pretty thin in that "world-beaters" section.

If Suarez wants to go, then that's grand, off you pop, I'd rather someone whom has the talent but will give their upmost for this club because they simply love everything this club stands for. Heck, with the sale price of Luis, we could even get two.

Two.

How good would that be?