You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Although I'm based in t'Yorkshire my employer is London based. There's a chance I may be asked if I'd move down there to work on some other accounts.

I know my way around the tourist destinations and all that malarkey but I know nothing about areas to live. I'd be happy to spend a year or two down there but if anyone's got any advice on areas to live it would be more than handy.

Ta.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should relocate at some point for a sustained period. Just to experience something else.

It may even make you more fond of home if its shit.

I see no downside to it personally. Unless its shit, in which case go somewhere else or go home.

Although I'm based in t'Yorkshire my employer is London based. There's a chance I may be asked if I'd move down there to work on some other accounts.

I know my way around the tourist destinations and all that malarkey but I know nothing about areas to live. I'd be happy to spend a year or two down there but if anyone's got any advice on areas to live it would be more than handy.

Ta.

Has your arch nemesis had you shipped out?

The office is about a 10 minute walk from Shoreditch High Street.

I'd probably enjoy it, I was brought up in Kent, only left when I was 19 so I talk like one of them. I don't really know where "home" is these days. I've lived all over West Yorkshire over the last 12 years, lived in Hull and Grimsby too. My folks and sister are in Devon so the world's my oyster really. Plus I've about had my fill of mental Yorkshire women. Could do with a change...

The office is about a 10 minute walk from Shoreditch High Street.

I'd probably enjoy it, I was brought up in Kent, only left when I was 19 so I talk like one of them. I don't really know where "home" is these days. I've lived all over West Yorkshire over the last 12 years, lived in Hull and Grimsby too. My folks and sister are in Devon so the world's my oyster really. Plus I've about had my fill of mental Yorkshire women. Could do with a change...

Shoreditch is full of cunts, but a lot of fun, close to Liverpool St station which is good for getting anywhere.

You could look at Greenwich, a little further out, but less cunts, or southwark if you're looking to be closer to the centre?

I relocated to live about 50miles outside London a few years ago but spend a couple days a week in the big city and I depends if you're looking to move to a busy city with lots going on each night it'll be right up your street.

I couldn't live in London though (especially Shoredich with Bruce has put, is quite full of cunts-hipster ones too)

Too many cunts in the other districts for my liking also. I'm actually on a train home from the place now and I feel 70% less stressed five minutes after pulling out of Waterloo.

I consider myself a calm, easy going person but when I'm here I turn into an angry fucker who wants to punch most people on the street/tube as the majority are unthoughtfull, rude bastards.

Full of Cunts, but can be good if you're in a band/like going to watch live music as there's plenty of choice. For the person who comes here for the social life in the capital I guess it can be quite good-as long as you don't mind being surrounded by massive cunts.

Greenwich is better to visit than to live in. You'd do better looking for something nearer town. You'll find something within two miles of shoreditch if you look. You should ask for help with your rent if its a relocate.

As everyone knows though, in london northwest is best. Not cheap though.

Greenwich is better to visit than to live in. You'd do better looking for something nearer town. You'll find something within two miles of shoreditch if you look. You should ask for help with your rent if its a relocate.

As everyone knows though, in london northwest is best. Not cheap though.

defo. i'd love to live in notting hill, just off portobello road. love it round there.

redderz mate do it. if anything, it will lessen the chances of you getting bummed by Darren. the fucking prick. I hate him.

There's no cheap way around rent and transport. Both are horrendous in the South East.

If I was looking at dat der London, which I wouldn't now I'm happy near the Sussex coast; I reckon I'd be looking at Clapham, Balham or Wimbledon. If I had the cash maybe Stoke Newington, Camden or Hampstead.

Obviously there's loads of places though, had a birds in Putney and Richmond for a while, liked it round there too.

Also had a one night stands with a few girls and spent the night/weekend, one lived in a smart gaff in St Catherine's Dock and the other in the Barbican. Boss times in the early 2000's. Mucky boss times.