You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness - that tackle wasn't the career ending one!

It was, some people just assume it was not since Keane hit the other knee not taking into consideration the other knee could get injured as well even if it was the other Keane directly hit..

The club needs to realise this - where the dollar lies, abroad in Asia, South America, even Africa - they don't give a fuck about the day to day running of the club really. The Liverpool Supporters do, but that isn't the same as those who buy the shirts - how many of us give a fuck about how Barcelona go about their day to day business? We still buy their shirt, watch their matches, and they attract sponsors on the back of that appeal.

The parochial nature of fans and supporters in this country mean that people, who don't support Liverpool will not, and never will buy our shirt (the odd few aside), these are the cunts filling up the message boards with digs at us and dictating the way the media report on the likes of Luis. It is a logical conclusion to assume that the vast majority of fans, who are bothered about Luis enough to comment are either United, Arsenal, Chelsea or a premiership team - so it isn't going to be 'objective' although they all delude themselves that they are, whilst decrying our bias. The point I am trying to make, albeit longwinded is this. Don't factor in these pricks, in this country of pricks into your decision making - we, us Liverpool fans are the only ones you need to please. And we want you to start fucking fighting for this club, because you can be as nice as you want and do as much good work as you want, but those people will always focus upon the negative and dismiss the positive.

Real Madrid are fucking hated outside of Real Madrid fans yet they are still the biggest club in the world because outside of Spain nobody gives a fuck, we watch Real or Barca we don't support them - and that is where the real money lies and that money will not be lost if you start fighting back. PR is no use in this country, but being nice is starting to piss Liverpool fans off - who are your main income stream in this country.

So have some fucking bollocks and fight back. Because the dollar will still be there, and 80% of those people probably don't even realise Suarez was up on a charge.

Stirring stuff mate but there are other commercial considerations like sponsorship etc. If we become super aggressive and appeal over stuff like biting and racial abuse charges it would scare a lot of them off. Adidas have already spoken out about Suarez.

That said, I'd probably like to see the club appeal this ban but I doubt they will because if he misses any more games than 10 then it will start to affect his transfer value.

Stirring stuff mate but there are other commercial considerations like sponsorship etc. If we become super aggressive and appeal over stuff like biting and racial abuse charges it would scare a lot of them off. Adidas have already spoken out about Suarez.

That said, I'd probably like to see the club appeal this ban but I doubt they will because if he misses any more games than 10 then it will start to affect his transfer value.

Yeah, that's a major problem. Lots of fans would like the club to be a bit more aggressive in terms of fighting their corner etc, and I've heard many fans on this forum express a 'screw what other people think' view... but the reality is, image is hugely significant when it comes to attracting money. As a business, the largest part of a club's income (for most clubs) is no longer the fans, but the sponsors and media. He who pays the piper calls the tune these days.

Wow these cunt's are actually threatening us by telling us not to appeal or else?

How in the fuck did these people get this amount of power where they could go around like Norse God's taking pity or punishing players and clubs as they deem fit.

This goes beyond Liverpool and Suarez the amount of power that the clubs have given over to this organisation ran by these bastards is absoultely scary.

I bet they were laughing reading Suarez and the Liverpool Administrations apologies knowing full well that they were going to throw the book along with the table and stationery at us anyway.

If they can do this to us what makes the other clubs and their fans think they are safe?

I see the FA for what they are a bunch of power drunk sadists nothing incompetent about them I don't fall for that trick anymore

No, sorry I haven't expressed that well enough! The majority of the bile and spite is from the media in this country, which has little or no influence abroad, I understand it has quite a negative reputation - so, pandering to them (the British media) and attempting to appease non Liverpool fans in this country is not going to work. It is too parochial. So don't think about how the media in this country react, don't think about how the rest of this country reacts - think about playing the victim to the foreign press - particularly South America and Asia, and play on that. Be courteous and polite to the foreign media, and treat the British media like the scum they are. We don't attract sponsorship on the back of our appeal within this country, we do so on the back of our global appeal. Which won't be affected if we start being aggressive to the British media.

In this country - it is Liverpool fans who contribute 95% of income earned within these shores, so it is actually good business sense to look after us first!

When Real Madrid bought a convicted racist like Jonathan Woodgate do you think they stopped for a minute to think of the consequences of his reputation? Do you think it was mentioned?

Ribbery - the underage prossie fucker - currently Captain of Bayern! Who are Bayern sponsored by? Adidas!

Adidas are Luis' sponsors, but note they didn't condemn him, just reminded everybody of their expectations etc.

Sponsors want numbers - which we will still have, they want increased exposure, which we will still provide, and they want bankable stars with global appeal, which Luis is.

I think this is the reality. Our parochial, insignificant shithole of a country isn't as influential or important as it thinks it is. For fucks sake, Quatar beat us to the World Cup! A Gay flogging, human rights abusing country beat us hands down.

Wow these cunt's are actually threatening us by telling us not to appeal or else?

How in the fuck did these people get this amount of power where they could go around like Norse God's taking pity or punishing players and clubs as they deem fit.

This goes beyond Liverpool and Suarez the amount of power that the clubs have given over to this organisation ran by these bastards is absoultely scary.

I bet they were laughing reading Suarez and the Liverpool Administrations apologies knowing full well that they were going to throw the book along with the table and stationery at us anyway.

If they can do this to us what makes the other clubs and their fans think they are safe?

I see the FA for what they are a bunch of power drunk sadists nothing incompetent about them I don't fall for that trick anymore

In the UK, something called Vexatious Litigation (where you simply abuse the court system wild claims, appeals etc) can be punished - and rightly so, but in this case, the appeal has merit.

To my mind, he's received a pretty heavy ban, and it's not 'unreasonable' to appeal against that. If they fail, then fair enough, but it's not a frivolous appeal. So they should definitely not be threatening to increase the ban!

In the case where say a player was caught taking a bribe and got a 3 year ban, then appealing it MIGHT be seen a frivilous, and 'trying your luck', but not in this case.

Appeals are meant to be just that... a chance to take another look at things FAIRLY, where there is a reasonable argument that the evidence was judged unfairly, or wrongly, or the sentence was too lenient or too harsh.

As far as I know, the FA themselves haven't issued such a threat, only 'commentators' on what's already gone on.

But who has faith in the FA? I don't. I don't know a single fan who has.

No, sorry I haven't expressed that well enough! The majority of the bile and spite is from the media in this country, which has little or no influence abroad, I understand it has quite a negative reputation - so, pandering to them (the British media) and attempting to appease non Liverpool fans in this country is not going to work. It is too parochial. So don't think about how the media in this country react, don't think about how the rest of this country reacts - think about playing the victim to the foreign press - particularly South America and Asia, and play on that. Be courteous and polite to the foreign media, and treat the British media like the scum they are. We don't attract sponsorship on the back of our appeal within this country, we do so on the back of our global appeal. Which won't be affected if we start being aggressive to the British media.

In this country - it is Liverpool fans who contribute 95% of income earned within these shores, so it is actually good business sense to look after us first!

When Real Madrid bought a convicted racist like Jonathan Woodgate do you think they stopped for a minute to think of the consequences of his reputation? Do you think it was mentioned?

Ribbery - the underage prossie fucker - currently Captain of Bayern! Who are Bayern sponsored by? Adidas!

Adidas are Luis' sponsors, but note they didn't condemn him, just reminded everybody of their expectations etc.

Sponsors want numbers - which we will still have, they want increased exposure, which we will still provide, and they want bankable stars with global appeal, which Luis is.

I think this is the reality. Our parochial, insignificant shithole of a country isn't as influential or important as it thinks it is. For fucks sake, Quatar beat us to the World Cup! A Gay flogging, human rights abusing country beat us hands down.

Are you sure that 95% of income (in Britain) is coming from Liverpool fans? I don't think it is.

From fans in general? ... albeit indirectly via Sky subscriptions. But it's nowhere near 95%.

uk-sbg-fml2012-liverpool.jpg

Are you sure that 95% of income (in Britain) is coming from Liverpool fans? I don't think it is.

From fans in general? ... albeit indirectly via Sky subscriptions. But it's nowhere near 95%.

uk-sbg-fml2012-liverpool.jpg

Speaking of revenue was at our indoor 5 aside Provincial Championships this past weekend and the host town had a new Sporting Goods shop with a dedicated section for Footy. Lots of nice merchandise including scarves, hats, shirts, kits etc. Not a bloody LFC item in the whole lot. Arsenal, Chelsea, Mancs (of course) Barca, Madrid, AC etc.

Can't imagine that would have been the case 10 years ago (or even 5?).

(No City stuff either)

From fans in general? ... albeit indirectly via Sky subscriptions. But it's nowhere near 95%

Which would not be affected by any negative public reaction! The Sky money is fixed, all TV money is fixed - I was talking about Merchandise and that type of fan stuff.

PR isn't just a case of being seen to be nice in the eyes of the General public! I can give you a great example of good PR, that would appal most people - Chicken Fil A, Chief Executive called Gay marriage an abomination, this saw protests and general condemnation within the mainstream media - yet, profits went through the roof as his core customer e.g. rednecks bought more, those protesting were never customers anyway! The 'general public' who are criticising us for sticking by Luis are by and large fans of other teams, so why worry as to how you are perceived with them?

I am not saying - fuck everybody, I am saying stop being nice - start being ruthless. Manchester United are hated, they treat their fans as customers yet they keep getting bigger and bigger - and this isn't because everyone in Britain is following them!

Our parochial, insignificant shithole of a country isn't as influential or important as it thinks it is. For fucks sake, Quatar beat us to the World Cup! A Gay flogging, human rights abusing country beat us hands down.

When you are referring to a FIFA 'vote' in order to make a point, you are digging deep, Whelan!

Though the rest of your post was bang on.

When you are referring to a FIFA 'vote' in order to make a point, you are digging deep, Whelan!

Though the rest of your post was bang on.

In this case Fifa are the bastion of democracy! And I won't have a word said against Mr Warner, another unfairly demonised by the British media!

Who coincidently - reacted angrily to accusations of racism and didn't feel the need to concede for the greater good.

But yeah, it was stretching it.

Which would not be affected by any negative public reaction! The Sky money is fixed, all TV money is fixed - I was talking about Merchandise and that type of fan stuff.

PR isn't just a case of being seen to be nice in the eyes of the General public! I can give you a great example of good PR, that would appal most people - Chicken Fil A, Chief Executive called Gay marriage an abomination, this saw protests and general condemnation within the mainstream media - yet, profits went through the roof as his core customer e.g. rednecks bought more, those protesting were never customers anyway! The 'general public' who are criticising us for sticking by Luis are by and large fans of other teams, so why worry as to how you are perceived with them?

I am not saying - fuck everybody, I am saying stop being nice - start being ruthless. Manchester United are hated, they treat their fans as customers yet they keep getting bigger and bigger - and this isn't because everyone in Britain is following them!

Can't disagree there. Although, if you're winning you can get away with a lot more!

I still think investors and sponsors look at image though and it'll be used against you to drive the price down.

Liverpool are in a catch 22 situation now. If they argue back, it's just more 'always the victim' ammunition, and if you take it lying down, you just end up getting an unfair deal.

I suppose when all is said and done, you should only pick battles you can win, and I just don't think you can win against the FA - they make it up as they go along, and there's plenty of other clubs who'd be willing to put the boot in too to kick Liverpool, and gain some favour at the FA.

Sickening that I should think that, but I do.

There's nothing to stop the FA from retrospectively banning Defoe now.

The sooner that a club take the FA to court, to appeal loss of earnings and unfair treatment, then all this shit stops. The FA directly impact the lives of players, and the finances of clubs, and surely its about time that they were required to make decisions in a transparent and fair manner? There's too much money and too much exposure passing through the prism that is the Premier League for them to have no regard to the legal process and the right to a fair trial before being punished.

And I'm even in agreement with the Suarez ban for 10 games. But that surely, to christ, has to correspond with punishments for blatant dangerous play, where players like McManaman and Aguero should have been banned for 20 games or more. Apparently Merseyside Police asked Ivanovic if he wished to press charges, to which he declined their offer. So, already there is a shady area where the law feels it has a place in football, that it can 'help'. But did the Police ask David Luiz if he wished to press charges against Aguero?

The FA is one of the most lucrative closed houses in the country, and FIFA does it on a global level, the same level of a seeming immunity from the law.

I think we pay enough into the football pot already, and I think the world is owed an open and effective framework for running the most popular sport in the world.

Been avoiding comment sections but dared to have a peek just now on the BBC sports page...

'I'm a Liverpool fan, and this basically says - do something wrong, get a slap on the wrist, and carry on.

It's time we in this country, if not the world over, made it so that if such people do wrong their careers are ruined - in the same way it would ruin the career of the average joe.

Adrian Sutil, another prime example - convicted of GBH, back in F1 a year later like nothing happened...'

And...

I personally think he should be banned for life.

It's not the first time he has done it, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I feel sorry for Liverpool to a certain extent, but they really should come down a lot harder on him instead of defending him.

All in all, this guy has missed 25 matches for Ajax an Liverpool due to ban's.He's a disgrace to football, and to Liverpool.

Get rid if you can.

These were just in the last half dozen or so comments out of 2300 odd...

Lost for words really, How can that cunt from the first comment call himself a Liverpool fan? this country is full dribbling docile retards who cant think for themselves it makes me want to puke, probably doing a disservice to people with genuine disabilities there, apologies if any are reading, fucking hate this country more and more by the day.

Can't disagree there. Although, if you're winning you can get away with a lot more!

I still think investors and sponsors look at image though and it'll be used against you to drive the price down.

Liverpool are in a catch 22 situation now. If they argue back, it's just more 'always the victim' ammunition, and if you take it lying down, you just end up getting an unfair deal.

I suppose when all is said and done, you should only pick battles you can win, and I just don't think you can win against the FA - they make it up as they go along, and there's plenty of other clubs who'd be willing to put the boot in too to kick Liverpool, and gain some favour at the FA.

Sickening that I should think that, but I do.

I think the bit in bold is the most important bit in actually. Real, Bayern and United are the most successful in their countries. Which renders any criticism as moot. But, how many times do you read online a criticism of United and find any criticism is dismissed as 'ABU's'! That is the attitude to take, it isn't necessarily fuck you, more a case of we are what counts not you.

The majority of those calling us 'victims', are those that can't stand us - so, their opinion should not be relevant, not one of those people would ever purchase anything to do with us, so fuck em.

Our ultimate hold is this - it needs all 20 clubs to agree to any changes, TV deal, etc and we can simply say no - and look to sell our games abroad and negotiate our own TV deal. United would benefit more than us, but it would see a lot of those other clubs fucked - and maybe reminding them of that, wouldn't be the worst thing to do. A little interview abroad in Asia - about how we feel a little let down, and feel we are fighting off everyone - and maybe we need to start thinking about ourselves and going it alone etc - you can always retract.

Guest San Don
There's nothing to stop the FA from retrospectively banning Defoe now.

Im pretty certain they cant. In any event, the incident took place, what, in 2006? Even the FA wouldnt be that stupid to try and re try that case.

The sooner that a club take the FA to court, to appeal loss of earnings and unfair treatment, then all this shit stops. The FA directly impact the lives of players, and the finances of clubs, and surely its about time that they were required to make decisions in a transparent and fair manner? There's too much money and too much exposure passing through the prism that is the Premier League for them to have no regard to the legal process and the right to a fair trial before being punished.

Any club using the courts would face a massive backlash from FIFA. The Swiss FA had to ban one club who dared take UEFA to the Swiss law courts even though the law courts backed the club.

There's no way any club will take the FA to court.

And I'm even in agreement with the Suarez ban for 10 games. But that surely, to christ, has to correspond with punishments for blatant dangerous play, where players like McManaman and Aguero should have been banned for 20 games or more. Apparently Merseyside Police asked Ivanovic if he wished to press charges, to which he declined their offer. So, already there is a shady area where the law feels it has a place in football, that it can 'help'. But did the Police ask David Luiz if he wished to press charges against Aguero?

I really dont see how any right minded person can say the 10 game ban is reasonable or warranted given mcmannam and aguero getting off scot free never mind other serious foul play not getting anywhere near suarez's ban.

The FA is one of the most lucrative closed houses in the country, and FIFA does it on a global level, the same level of a seeming immunity from the law.

I think we pay enough into the football pot already, and I think the world is owed an open and effective framework for running the most popular sport in the world.

Wouldnt disagree with this but it will take more than LFC to 'take on' the football establishment.

Any club using the courts would face a massive backlash from FIFA. The Swiss FA had to ban one club who dared take UEFA to the Swiss law courts even though the law courts backed the club.

There's no way any club will take the FA to court.

I think that it's going to happen, I think it's absolutely inevitable, there's way too much money involved in the game for it not to happen.

Bosman happened.

Guest San Don
I think that it's going to happen, I think it's absolutely inevitable, there's way too much money involved in the game for it not to happen.

Bosman happened.

Bosman was an individual who had stopped playing by the time that landmark judgement came about.

FIFA threatened to suspend the whole swiss FA if they did not sanction the relevant club for using the court system. Although the swiss FA were reluctant to act, they finally buckled and deducted points (I think) from the club.

I agree, there's lots of money involved. Its just not a fight a single club could win.

When you look at things logically - it makes no sense to be managing our response to the reaction of the British media. The printed media has to appeal to as wide a spectrum of the population as possible, which means non Liverpool fans - when football is concerned, the majority would be those that actively dislike us. So the media is driven by people who do not like this club therefore, in trying to garner good press we are trying to appease to people who actively do not like us, and will never like us! It is illogical.

This isn't about positive press - that isn't that relevant in Sports, in particular football - which isn't rational, isn't driven by quality and choice. We gain more in keeping Luis Suarez happy, than we ever will keeping the British media onside.

Bosman happened.

I think it might happen, but not over a player, over money.

Didn't Bosman pursue it personally? Have a feeling he did, but not certain.

I can't wait until someone discovers corruption in CL, then all hell will break loose, especially if a top club are on the wrong end of it. It's going to need a huge scandal to get reform. I think.

When you look at things logically - it makes no sense to be managing our response to the reaction of the British media. The printed media has to appeal to as wide a spectrum of the population as possible, which means non Liverpool fans - when football is concerned, the majority would be those that actively dislike us. So the media is driven by people who do not like this club therefore, in trying to garner good press we are trying to appease to people who actively do not like us, and will never like us! It is illogical.

This isn't about positive press - that isn't that relevant in Sports, in particular football - which isn't rational, isn't driven by quality and choice. We gain more in keeping Luis Suarez happy, than we ever will keeping the British media onside.

Very true. But I don't think it's really an anti Liverpool thing... the media just have a nice little collection of 'every ready' stories to run with....

John Terry in scandal.

Luis Suarez's outrageous antics.

Man City's spending madness.

Arsenal's tight wallet.

England's crap manager.

United's utter brilliance.

Those 5 subjects will cover a good 3 seasons worth of crap for them.

I'm willing to bet my pound to anyone's penny that the totally random fixture generator will give us a tricky start for his banned games and a really tasty Super Sunday clash on his return, probably against the Mancs or "ironically" Chelsea.

His first game back.