You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

I went semi-veggie about a month or so ago. I eat meat occasionally - once a week or so - and I'm only eating high quality meat that I know where it's come from and not pumped full of shit.

I don't give a fuck about animals, on the whole, especially chickens - they're annoying little cunts. My choice is purely health and to get more variety in my diet.

All I've eaten for years is a piece of meat with a choice of carbs on the side for at least 2 meals a day, every single day.

It WILL kill me one day if I carry on.

Anyway - one month on I've lost 11lb, sleeping better, more energy and generally feeling ace. I'm sure this last point will subside when it just becomes the new norm, but as of today I honestly can not recommend it enough.

It's been a fucking doddle as well, it's a myth to say there isn't enough choice. There's actually more! Far from restricting it I've actually got far, far more variety in my diet now than I ever have before.

I never in a million years thought I would ever do this. I'm a guy who once ate a steak a day for 12 consecutive days and once fried a whole leg of lamb, once slice at a time, just for a late night snack!

I was supposed to do it for a week, but I now can't ever see me going back.

Examples of what you have replaced your meat and carbs meals with, please.

Examples of what you have replaced your meat and carbs meals with, please.

Last night I made chili with quorn. Hand on heart tasted EXACTLY the same. Served it up with wild rice or baked sweet potato. Texture is different of course, but flavour-wise, it was immense. 

Tonight I'm having LInda McCartney mozarella burgers (which are FUCKING BOSS btw. Not boss "for veggie burgers" just boss, full stop!) with salad and nuts. 

Tomorrow we're having a lasagne type things that's made with butternut squash slices instead of pasta (bought from Tesco) ricotta cheese and spinach

Last week we had stir fry (just replaced beef with quorn "chicken" pieces), for my hangover on Saturday I had quorn chicken nuggets (better than 9 out 10 shitty processed chicken nuggets I've ever eaten), we had Fajitas with "steak" pieces and last week I made an awesome 3 x mushroom and leek pie with white wine and cream. 

eating loads of amazing veg I'd never even heard of. Kalettes are honestly one of the greatest food stuffs of all time. Suatee them in a olive oil, a knob of butter and some garlic salt. Shit gawdamm they are gooooood

It's honestly been a pleasure.

I went semi-veggie about a month or so ago. I eat meat occasionally - once a week or so - and I'm only eating high quality meat that I know where it's come from and not pumped full of shit. 

I don't give a fuck about animals, on the whole, especially chickens - they're annoying little cunts. My choice is purely health and to get more variety in my diet. 

All I've eaten for years is a piece of meat with a choice of carbs on the side for at least 2 meals a day, every single day. 

It WILL kill me one day if I carry on. 

Anyway - one month on I've lost 11lb, sleeping better, more energy and generally feeling ace. I'm sure this last point will subside when it just becomes the new norm, but as of today I honestly can not recommend it enough. 

It's been a fucking doddle as well, it's a myth to say there isn't enough choice. There's actually more! Far from restricting it I've actually got far, far more variety in my diet now than I ever have before.

I never in a million years thought I would ever do this. I'm a guy who once ate a steak a day for 12 consecutive days and once fried a whole leg of lamb, one slice at a time, just for a late night snack!

I was supposed to do it for a week, but I now can't ever see me going back. 

Similar story here, though mine was more due to reservations about the meat industry, etc.  Been about a month now - had a fish from the chip shop twice in that time and no other meat.  Not eating a lot of carbs most days but it's difficult to not eat meat and carbs.  The only quorn I really like is the burgers mind you.  I've always eaten them, even when I was eating meat.  LM sausages are decent too, even managed to give them to a 5-year-old without him noticing, ha.  Cauliflower mash has been the best find for me.  Also liking hummus, which I'd never had before.  Tofu, not so sure.  I've got a block in the house that's out of date in two days and I might just chuck it out as I don't really know what to do with it.

Mange tout though - no.  Absolutely bogging.

Tofu is very nice so long as you cook it right. Its like a sponge for flavours. Marinate it with soy,ginger,garlic,chilli and honey iver night. Cut it into blocks and fry it.

You can buy it flavoured already which im having tonight

• Upvote 1

Tofu is very nice so long as you cook it right. Its like a sponge for flavours. Marinate it with soy,ginger,garlic,chilli and honey iver night. Cut it into blocks and fry it.

You can buy it flavoured already which im having tonight

Yes, I've had that Cauldron one and it wasn't bad, though I wasn't crazy about it either.  What exactly do you mean by "soy,ginger,garlic,chilli"? As in, what format?

Also the are better marinated one than cauldron. Try the health shop (i use Panacea) they have loads. Waitrose does them too. Basil,almond,smoked and tomato. If you buy them and dont want to fry it slice it in half sideways and grill it. Gives it a bit more texture

Tofu is class when it's done properly. Unfortunately I can't count those times on my thumbs. The stuff you get from a Chinese takeaway is usually shite and enough to put anyone off trying it again.

Anyone know any supermarkets that do a good nut roast? Ever since I actually looked at the ingredients I've wanted to try one.