You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think it's possible to subconsciously hate your job? I've been down generally for a while and didn't think it was anything to do with work because it's pretty stress free.

I've got a cushy little number where I am. I got out of my old job because it was a 90 minute commute each way with traffic and pretty stressful. This is a doss, really easy, laid back, better money, the people I work with are all sound. But when I come in part of me sinks.

It's a retail business and I look around at some people who've been here decades and just wonder how they do it, and that working for that long purely to make someone else wealthy is simply a waste of a life.

I hate how there's so much corporate double speak, how people pretend to get things done or pretend to innovate, but they're actually just trotting out the same old shit.

When they launch a new project I get briefly excited, we get allowed to brain storm and come up with new ideas, but then they just use the thing they used two years ago instead.

Even stuff like the fact the carpark is full of flash cars even though most people are on barely above minimum wage seems to wind me up even though it shouldn't. Just wish I could learn the art of not being arsed, I'd be a lot happier.

Of course it is, I speak from experience but it took me a long time to realise that hating my boss (although loving my actual job) made me depressed. It got to the point where it almost cost me my relationship with Tegan and I rang Cath on a beach to tell her I was going to top myself. Sorry Cath.

I know that's extreme and there were other factors involved but you need to look after your physical AND mental health.

You're a fucking smart cookie and have loads of transferable skills (sorry for the corporate bollocks), you could easily move onto something more challenging and interesting.

The fear of change is far more of an obstacle than change itself. I'm not saying you're scared of change, I wasn't but you can get trapped in easy street. It's simple, predictable, but unrewarding and you strike me as someone who needs a challenge and to be able to achieve. I don't mean financially but to be able to look yourself in the mirror and say 'yeah, I did something today'.

• Upvote 2

You think too much la, like we all do on the good GF.

It's part of why we're here!

I think it was you, apologies if it wasn't, that said a few weeks ago that you're the one in your group of friends that talks about politics/economics etc. Well, same applies to me, and I've no doubt several other people on here.

Thank fucking fuck for the GF.

Of course it is, I speak from experience but it took me a long time to realise that hating my boss (although loving my actual job) made me depressed. It got to the point where it almost cost me my relationship with Tegan and I rang Cath on a beach to tell her I was going to top myself. Sorry Cath.

I know that's extreme and there were other factors involved but you need to look after your physical AND mental health.

You're a fucking smart cookie and have loads of transferable skills (sorry for the corporate bollocks), you could easily move onto something more challenging and interesting.

The fear of change is far more of an obstacle than change itself. I'm not saying you're scared of change, I wasn't but you can get trapped in easy street. It's simple, predictable, but unrewarding and you strike me as someone who needs a challenge and to be able to achieve. I don't mean financially but to be able to look yourself in the mirror and say 'yeah, I did something today'.

Cath is the forum go to person for when things are shit.

Dragged me kicking and screaming through a very shitty time last year, combination of my two best mates having issues, woman trouble, imminent employment looming, family illnesses etc. 

She's good people is Cath. Don't tell her I said that though. I don't want to be getting any reputation for being nice and shit like that. I have a reputation to keep up. 

• Upvote 1

Rectified and negged for believing your own matriarch publicity.

*Cant decide if you're teasing or not* Thats not what it was for. And you should know that.

And less of the 'matriarch'! That makes me feel like Pat Butcher and thats not a good thing

• Upvote 1

*Cant decide if you're teasing or not* Thats not what it was for. And you should know that.

And less of the 'matriarch'! That makes me feel like Pat Butcher and thats not a good thing

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and rep you because you knew deep down it was teasing.