You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Rodgers and Kenny lived and died by those decisions, as will Klopp by his.

The players Klopp 'stuck by' got us to a Europa League final and into the Champions League.

While it's easy to play Championship Manager from behind a keyboard, it's a bit trickier in real life - maybe, just maybe, he knows a bit more than us...

Are you seriously (with a straight face) suggesting that Moreno, Lovren and Mignolet got us top 4? Moreno cost us the Europa League final. 

• Upvote 1

Rodgers and Kenny lived and died by those decisions, as will Klopp by his.

The players Klopp 'stuck by' got us to a Europa League final and into the Champions League.

While it's easy to play Championship Manager from behind a keyboard, it's a bit trickier in real life - maybe, just maybe, he knows a bit more than us...

Of course he knows much more than all of us, but everyone with eyes could see that Lovren, and Morono weren't to be trusted in any game of importance.  We all knew it before Klopp arrived, and they've done nothing since to prove otherwise.

So, perhaps it is hubris, and he thought he could get them to stop their criminal Lovrenitis moments.  I don't really know.  Did any fan have any confidence in either of them at the beginning of last season?  So many people realizing they're decent footballers, but criminally switch off during games, is unusual of players that don't switch off during games.  I'd suggest Klopp was in the minority, when it came to that, and this is a troubling.

Now, I like Klopp.  I don't want him sacked.  I support him as manager.  I will not give him a free pass because of that, though.

Let's build a team of predominantly Africans and we can be the dream team for African kids... The reality is Real and Barca have got the monopoly on the best Latin/South American/Iberian players, especially when it comes to their peak years. It's shit when every one you sign you wonder if you're a stepping stone and they're going to behave like arseholes as soon as they look in their direction. It's time to turn Africa red.

I've been saying this, time to start the new trend.

Nows the best time to do it, with the African Cup moving to summer i reckon there's going to be a bit more demand for them.

We're targeting the right ones too, the days of Salif Diao and El Hadji Diouf are long gone.

The more I think about it the more i think that the signings of Oxlade-Chamberlain, VVD and Keita is what we have spent the Coutinho money on and there isn't gonna be a big chunk of further investment.

OAC was bought late in the summer (deadline day) IMO clearly once Klopp knew Coutinho was a goner January latest, Keita was secured as well a few days prior, both moves clearly with the future plans for the midfield areas in mind and knowing that Coutinho had agitated like fuck for a move and club had hung on but knew it couldn't in Jan - so that is 2 in for 1 out in the middle of the park and the rest of the money they knew was coming was used to strengthen at centre half with VVD.

1 player sold for big money.

3 players in with that money.

Summer will see the usual modest levels of investment - but I don't see us having this or even a big chunk of it to spend...it was IMO spent in advance of the sale.

We'll see and I'll happily hold hands up if wrong but I just can't see it. It would be a very different approach to spend that kind of money to the way the owners have operated since being here...

• Upvote 1

I've been saying this, time to start the new trend.

Nows the best time to do it, with the African Cup moving to summer i reckon there's going to be a bit more demand for them.

We're targeting the right ones too, the days of Salif Diao and El Hadji Diouf are long gone.

Xx and

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Of course he knows much more than all of us, but everyone with eyes could see that Lovren, and Morono weren't to be trusted in any game of importance. We all knew it before Klopp arrived, and they've done nothing since to prove otherwise.

So, perhaps it is hubris, and he thought he could get them to stop their criminal Lovrenitis moments. I don't really know. Did any fan have any confidence in either of them at the beginning of last season? So many people realizing they're decent footballers, but criminally switch off during games, is unusual of players that don't switch off during games. I'd suggest Klopp was in the minority, when it came to that, and this is a troubling.

Now, I like Klopp. I don't want him sacked. I support him as manager. I will not give him a free pass because of that, though.

I'm not giving him a free pass - he is clearly fallible and makes mistakes.

However, you'd think he was Roy the way some are going on.

Bild doing some stirring.

‘He has to change club’ – Bild tell Jurgen Klopp he’s limited at Liverpool, same situation as BVB

Jurgen Klopp is facing the same situation at Liverpool as he did at Borussia Dortmund, and if he wants to win big then the manager has to consider his future… that’s according to an opinion piece from German newspaper Bild.

The sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona over the weekend is seen as something similar to what Klopp went through at Dortmund, as the club’s best players left and it made winning the biggest titles almost impossible for the manager.

That contributed a lot to Klopp’s exit from Germany, but Bild believe he’s not got a greatly different situation at Anfield.

Winning the Premier League title is said to be out of the question, and the Champions League even more so.

Bild then go as far as to say: ‘If Klopp ever wants to get the most important club title in the world, he has to change club. The Coutinho transfer has shown this.’

The German newspaper also state: ‘Liverpool are a fantastic club, but they are not among the top clubs like Real, Barca, Bayern, Paris or Manchester City.’

Jurgen Klopp knew he’d have a battle on his hands at Liverpool, so can hardly be surprised the club aren’t top of the table and favourites for the Champions League.

The German manager also plays a big part in Liverpool’s success or otherwise, and whilst everything seems happy enough right now, if things don’t progress then it could be the English club looking for a different future

http://sportwitness.co.uk/change-club-bild-tell-jurgen-klopp-hes-limited-liverpool-situation-bvb/