You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

He should have stayed at Everton rather than ending out into reality. Everton was just some weird 5th dimension where he was able to moan about not having any money, he never got sacked because Kenwright was too tight to give him any cash. He had a ready made excuse for being shit and just moaned about us or Heysel to get the bitters on his side.

How long did he live off "almost" getting into the Champions League?

• Upvote 2

After his spell with the Manc's I expect Celtic would be very wary of letting him anywhere near their success. 

QPR would be the smart choice if he still believes in himself and really wants a crack at proving to others he can be successful. 

Newcastle would be the most fun though as one gets the feeling it will inevitably all go bad in the most sordid way possible.

He might actually win something by going to Celtic, because they have almost no competition up them when it comes to winning trophies. Sure, the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts or Inverness will give them a bloody nose from time to time, but overall it wouldn't matter. Trouble is, the underdog mentality is his whole ethos and there is no way Celtic can ever portray themselves as the underdogs in Scotland. He tried that shit with the then-Champions of England and predictably tanked.

I blame that Taff's Tavern mural. Once that was painted it was as if fate decided to show Moyes that you do, in fact, have to win things to be a winner. He parted company with Bill. Sacked from the United job inside a season. Sacked from the Real Sociadad job inside 12 months. His daughter was being bummed by Zaha. Even the fucking tavern burnt down.

That mural is a curse, I tell ye.

• Upvote 9

Rangers are likely to be back in the league next year, and whilst some people think it will take them a while to challenge Celtic again, Moyes could bring Celtic right down to their level?

He'd go down in history as levelling the playing field in Scottish football. Legend.

From the M.E.N:

David Moyes believes it will remain a struggle for anybody to manage Manchester United for some time yet.

The former Reds boss, who lasted just ten months in the hotseat at Old Trafford after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson, is looking for work again having been sacked by Spanish club Real Sociedad.

He reflected on his dismissal and also shared his thoughts on United in an interview with the Sun , where he discussed the size of the task that is required to take the club back to the top.

Louis van Gaal - no stranger to the big stage after managing Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and the Netherlands - recently indicated the Reds job was the biggest of his career.

Hilarious overall, but "in an interview with the sun"?! What a prize cunt. I wonder if he'd have done an exclusive with that rag while he was still with the blooshite.

• Upvote 1

From the M.E.N:

Hilarious overall, but "in an interview with the sun"?! What a prize cunt. I wonder if he'd have done an exclusive with that rag while he was still with the blooshite.

I wouldn't jump the gun on that one. That paper has form for putting their name to interviews and exclusive interviews that never happened.

He walked out on the Bitters where he had a job for life. No sympathy for him at all

He will have a job for life and doesn't need sympathy. The guy will just keep going. That's what I'm saying I am admiring about him - his resilience. its a trait I admire very much in people.