You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RJ Fan club

Mustard, which one 'tard  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Mustard, which one 'tard

What about French mustard, pretty standard stuff around my way. Nothing better for pork.

Wholegrain is great with salad, but English is the daddy overall.

You make your mustard decision based on the options and the meal. They're all pretty ace in the right circumstance.

Except American, you only use that when buying a horrible burger from a stall. What would possess you to actually buy that shit for your home?

What about French mustard, pretty standard stuff around my way. Nothing better for pork.

Wholegrain is great with salad, but English is the daddy overall.

You make your mustard decision based on the options and the meal. They're all pretty ace in the right circumstance.

Except American, you only use that when buying a horrible burger from a stall. What would possess you to actually buy that shit for your home?

Dont even know why this excuse for Mustard was included in the poll.

I'm about to consume a large pork pie for lunch, elevated to a state of heavenly bliss by the subtle accent of good English mustard, and washed down by a big bottle of Fuller's ESB.

I may never post again, on account of having been bodily absorbed into the kingdom of god after achieving perfect unity on this earth. If so, my last act on TLW will have been voting for the correct, nay, the only legitimate answer to this poll.

English for me. Though it isn't the runaway victory that you would think. There are some Swedish wholegrain mustards that come so close, it's essentially a photo finish. But English wins it.

I am not a fan of dijon and any american mustard I have every tried was gipping. I would probably have it on a hotdog, but nothing else.

This is my favourite Swedish mustard, handily packaged in a glass tumbler that makes an excellent whisky glass when you are done with it:

hemlagad_senap__starksot_330g.jpg

They used to make mustard in Uppsala, about 10 miles away from where I live. They closed the factory down and moved it somewhere else, even though the name of it comes from the city and had been made there for 100 years or so. The workers bought the factory and set up a rival company that makes way better mustard. Respect.

senap.jpg

Colemans English. Anything else is for perverts, deviants and Belgians.

Coleman's English for me too.

Colemans. Just top notch.

Well, I'm sorry, but for all your self-proclaimed Colman's fans I'm surprised you cant spell it :whistle:

COLMAN

• Upvote 1

It's a really old recipe dating back to Tudor times.Mentioned by Shakespeare in his writings.

I got mine in Asda

http://m.groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?aisleid=&skuId=80755029&startValue=&departmentid=

But type into google and a few places show up.

You can even get the traditional mustard balls.

Men used to carrying them around and when you went into a Pub/Inn you would take a slice of your mustard ball and add a touch of water or beer to the slice of mustard to form a mustard paste.

It's a really old recipe dating back to Tudor times.Mentioned by Shakespeare in his writings.

I got mine in Asda

Cookies Detecting!

But type into google and a few places show up.

You can even get the traditional mustard balls.

Men used to carrying them around and when you went into a Pub/Inn you would take a slice of your mustard ball and add a touch of water or beer to the slice of mustard to form a mustard paste.

Cool, I'm briefly in the UK next week, will try to get some. It sounds a bit like a mustard I had once in Turkey - similar to Colmans but with a bit of extra kick. Chef told me it was his own recipe and you couldn't buy it

• 2 years later...

Bump after the pie thread.

The only Mustard I'll have which isn't english is Amora Savora.  Roast a chicken, rip the meat from the carcass, dip in this and eat.  Lovely.  Ma in law gets orders to bring it over by the case whenever she comes to visit

https://www.frenchclick.co.uk/p-823-amora-savora-385g.aspx

91Cqx%2BcbvZL._SY679_.jpg