You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Walcott would be a great signing. I am less convinced by Sturridge, though he looks the more likely out of the two.

Agree mate.

Otherwise would love to take Tello and Villa on loan from Barca, Tello with a view to a permanent deal.

Oh, and some giant African midfield enforcer type.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If the fella can kill a lion with his bare hands, pass the ball to a red shirt, and doesn't have dodgy hamstrings, I'M ALL IN.

Can't speak of his hamstrings, and he'd use his feet to kill the lion, but basically yeah.

NCzK_vZE5cg

Telegraph and a few others reporting that we have all but secured deals for Sturridge and Ince for a combined total of 18 Million and should be announced early in the window.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9738539/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-confident-of-signing-Daniel-Sturridge-and-Tom-Ince-in-January.html

Telegraph and a few others reporting that we have all but secured deals for Sturridge and Ince for a combined total of 18 Million and should be announced early in the window.

That and Borini being back around then would definitely give some relief to Luis.

Lfcglobe who are usually spot on when it comes to transfers tweeted that Sturridge is a no go, he won't sign for us.

I'm chuffed, I think he's shit

Interesting LFCglobe are usually very reliable.

Lfcglobe who are usually spot on when it comes to transfers tweeted that Sturridge is a no go' date=' he won't sign for us.

I'm chuffed, I think he's shit[/quote']

He started to waver a bit tonight, think he always stated that it was more from Chelsea's end that they wouldn't do business.

Would anyone else take Lescott if he was available, assuming we can find a taker for Downing?

It seems we would be in the market for a left-back and he did well for Everton there, got in among the goals, provides Premiership level cover at centre-back, has good experience yet still only 30, and can go to a horror-themed fancy dress party as himself and still be the most spectacular looking creature in attendance.

Lescott is decent, no mistake there.

However this window is all about recruiting attack....and getting rid of Downing & Cole.

Looking ahead to the summer our defence will consist of Johnson, Wisdom, Kelly, Agger, Coates, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Flannagan & Robinson. i imagine Carra will step down. With 10 defenders there I trust, I dont think we would go looking for back up at an expensive weekly salary.

If we can get 2 attackers in January, I think summer will be about recruiting midfield creativity (Alonso) and perhaps a replacement for Gerrard ( who is simply irreplaceable).

OK. Not good for Bilbao if he's off in the summer for nothing, but great for the player.

More fool them for letting his contract wind down.

Is it Bilbao that only get players from their area?

If so they are even more stupid because its hard enough finding players of his quality but if you pool of talent is local only you're shooting yourself in the foot letting his contract get to this situation.

More fool them for letting his contract wind down.

Is it Bilbao that only get players from their area?

If so they are even more stupid because its hard enough finding players of his quality but if you pool of talent is local only you're shooting yourself in the foot letting his contract get to this situation.

You could easily reverse that argument. Seeing as they only recruit locally, they don't have much use for a huge transfer kitty. It's all about developing talent anyway, but obviously, no one is interested in losing their best players for free.