You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Besiktas (A) - 26th Feb

Oh Buoy

What are the chances of any of the young lads getting on the field? How far are Lussey and brannigan in their development?

I doubt we'll see Brannagan or Sinclair, as they both played 90 minutes against Benfica in the UEFA Youth League on Tuesday afternoon. I'd imagine Fulton will be going just for the experience of travelling & training with the first team, though I do believe that he is highly regarded at the club.

Lussey hasn't played for the 21s in a while due to injury, but he's a decent player in the middle of the park. Decent passer of the ball and always puts in a shift. Longer term, he'll have to move on, as unfortunately, he won't make the grade here.

The youngster we're most likely to see is Jordan Williams. He was MotM against Sunderland in the 21s last game, (well, for me he was anyway). Composed on the ball and is equally comfortable at the back or in the midfield.

If we assume that the lineup will be something very close to the one posted by mouse1989;

Mig

Kolo Skrtel Lovren

Ibe Allen Can Morno

Lallana Sturridge Sterling

then we'll still have the following first team squad members available from the bench:

Ward, Manquillo, Borini, Balotelli & Lambert - Leaves us 2 spaces on the bench, which I would suggest would be occupied by Williams and Lussey. (Unless someone else has travelled that we're not aware of at the moment).

• Upvote 2

Didn't think Brannigan was eligible for the U19s for some reason.

If he gets on, one thing which might see Lussey get more time is goals... they buy you time and with the injuries he's had over the last two years he might be in need of some. He has a good strike on him.

Didn't think Brannigan was eligible for the U19s for some reason.

If he gets on, one thing which might see Lussey get more time is goals... they buy you time and with the injuries he's had over the last two years he might be in need of some. He has a good strike on him.

Brannagan captained the side in Portugal against Benfica. He's also captained the 21s in their most recent games. I don't think he's hit the levels of last season, but he's still one to keep an eye on.

I really dislike it now when Henderson is not available, his engine is often the difference between the opposition carving us open in central midfield and us gaining a foothold/being on top.

I would agree with those who have moved Can further up the park, hopefully by plaing in a poistion he is more familiar with he will be able to exert some influence on the game.

• Upvote 1