You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The other people's shit driving and car related issues thread

Champ

It's car insurance renewal time again. I received a quote through Kwikfit to renew with ABC Insurance for £500 more than last year! Just renewed through Lloyds TSB on Comparehtemarket.com for £350.00 less than last year.

And the insurance company underwriting this policy is.... ....ABC Insurance??!!

Car insurance is just one big fucking rip-off.

Had a car chase round Cambridge once. Some Nigerian was parked up in the middle of a road by the Granta pub about 1 am. I stopped and he got out of his car ranting and raving at me, I couldn't understand even when he attempted to speak in english. He decided to get back in his car and started to drive off. After about ten seconds he slammed on his brakes and got out his car screaming at me again and hitting my bonnet going off his head at me saying I had my lights on too bright. I drove forward and shoved him over and drove off.

He then decides to drive after me and tailgate me beeping me and shaking his fist at me when I was looking in the mirror. He followed me through a set of red lights, down numerous country roads and on the A14. Managed to take a bend quicker than he did On a country road then sped off down a dirt track and turned my lights off. Could still see him going back and forth on the country road looking for me about 3 times before he gave up. Nutter.

Guest Pistonbroke

Car was written off whilst parked outside our house. Some Russian skip driver was too lazy to ring the doorbell to get me to move it forward and totally fucking wrecked the back and side. Can't afford a new one yet without going into debt and fuck that, i like being debt free. So i'm currently saving up and not encountering the utter fucking morons who drive about like a blind fucking maniacs is heaven.

Had a car chase round Cambridge once. Some Nigerian was parked up in the middle of a road by the Granta pub about 1 am. I stopped and he got out of his car ranting and raving at me, I couldn't understand even when he attempted to speak in english. He decided to get back in his car and started to drive off. After about ten seconds he slammed on his brakes and got out his car screaming at me again and hitting my bonnet going off his head at me saying I had my lights on too bright. I drove forward and shoved him over and drove off.

He then decides to drive after me and tailgate me beeping me and shaking his fist at me when I was looking in the mirror. He followed me through a set of red lights, down numerous country roads and on the A14. Managed to take a bend quicker than he did On a country road then sped off down a dirt track and turned my lights off. Could still see him going back and forth on the country road looking for me about 3 times before he gave up. Nutter.

The bold bit was your big mistake. You should have run him over, then you could have driven away at leisure.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I'm counting myself lucky I'm still here to report this this morning.

I was out last night with a couple of friends. Friend 1 had offered to drive and as that would allow me a drink I said yes. The outward journey was fine until we arrived at the car park and she took an age to choose a parking space. At this point I was reminded of the last time I'd gone out with her and had been so horrified by her parking skills I'd jokingly offered to park the thing for her. 

On leaving the car park last night she appeared not to have noticed the approaching car as she pulled out onto the road. We escaped that only to get as far as the next junction where she pulled out into the path of an oncoming bus. She saw the bus, stopped the car and put it into reverse, only then to reverse into the back of the car behind us. She stopped the car and got out to speak to the driver of the other car, who was very reasonable and agreed no damage had been done. And then my friend got back onto the car, complaining how close the other driver had been behind her! 

She's currently teaching her daughter to drive.

I'm counting myself lucky I'm still here to report this this morning.

I was out last night with a couple of friends. Friend 1 had offered to drive and as that would allow me a drink I said yes. The outward journey was fine until we arrived at the car park and she took an age to choose a parking space. At this point I was reminded of the last time I'd gone out with her and had been so horrified by her parking skills I'd jokingly offered to park the thing for her. 

On leaving the car park last night she appeared not to have noticed the approaching car as she pulled out onto the road. We escaped that only to get as far as the next junction where she pulled out into the path of an oncoming bus. She saw the bus, stopped the car and put it into reverse, only then to reverse into the back of the car behind us. She stopped the car and got out to speak to the driver of the other car, who was very reasonable and agreed no damage had been done. And then my friend got back onto the car, complaining how close the other driver had been behind her! 

She's currently teaching her daughter to drive.

Driving the bus yesterday I was crossing an intersection across train tracks.

Cabbie decides to change lanes in front of me on the tracks, cutting me off - then stops just as he gets across so he can wait for another can to move and park in his spot.

Of course this leaves the bus sitting across the tracks with a train a few blocks away.

I pulled across oncoming traffic (the drivers across saw what was happening so were cooperative) then pulled alongside the cabbie and told him just what a cunt he was.

I drove off before I beat the crap out of him, because that's exactly what I would have done if he had done that to me in my own car.

Nissan_Micra_(K11)_front.jpg

What is it about these particular cars that turns everyone who drives one into a dithering fuckwit? Is the gear lever so different as to make it difficult to get out of 1st gear? Were they manufactured with worn clutches? Is the accelerator pedal just there for interior decoration? Do the lights work off a generator that is powered by a hamster on a wheel? Is the needle set at 30mph regardless of the actual speed? Remember those car tax adverts where the untaxed cars were crushed up in front of their owners? Well if I had my way, that's what I would do with each and every one of these miserable little shitheaps.

• Upvote 1

Seriously, though, (and maybe a bit World of a Woman) but I've just got home after being knocked off my bike by a delivery van. Driver very apologetic and all that and gave me his details, I've a few scrapes and without looking too closely the bike's got some damage too, should I report the incident to the Police?

Seriously, though, (and maybe a bit World of a Woman) but I've just got home after being knocked off my bike by a delivery van. Driver very apologetic and all that and gave me his details, I've a few scrapes and without looking too closely the bike's got some damage too, should I report the incident to the Police?

Yes,i would especially if you will need to fork out for bike repairs.
  • Upvote 1

Yes! before he kills someone as he clearly has no idea about using mirrors or being aware that other road users maybe in a blind spot.

Deffo report him. He knocked you off your bike!

Unrelated, the Mersey fucking tunnels. By that I mean the toll booths.

There's just so many crabs who can't seem to fathom that you need £1.60 in change to get through the thing, resulting in tailback queues whilst you watch the bastards in the other lanes fly through (I always pick the wrong queue obviously) and it really grinds my gears no end.