You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just how big of a dick is Mark Lawrenson?

Block109'er

I read an interview with Carra many years ago in a fanzine, might have been this one not sure. He slagged Larwenson off big time, said if there was ever an opportunity to slag Liverpool off he piped up and seemed to love the wank stains. He cited an example of giving his opinion on who was the greatest ever manager. It was of course 'Sir Alex.' Carra was saying, even if you think that don't say it, try to big the club up you played for,' or words to that effect. this was over 10 years ago too.

Carragher went on to call Gary Neville 'not my favourite person' but the best right back for England (carra's position at the time.)

If anyone has any recollection of this ?or links to this it would be greatly appreciated as my only other option today is working.

It was in an interview for the fanzine, and everything you said is pretty much exactly how he put it. Lawro's gotten even worse in the years since, and that last night was just taking the piss.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said Halsey had a 10/10 performance and got all the key decisions right, including the sending off and pen. Our shouts were all wrong apparently. And he pathetically sucks up to Ferguson by claiming nobody should dare abuse "Sir Alex". Sycophantic wanker, needs to be booted off MOTD the useless twat.

Yeah Mark, it's all in our heads, just like we were told for 23 years.

Youre fucking dead to me, dickhead.

He annoys me generally but last night I was seething with rage, its as if he's deliberately trying to prove he's impartial.

His hair, his voice, his teeth, everything is just totally infuriating, please for the love of god fuck off

he used to give his mrs a good hiding aswell.

Did anyone else have the pleasure of reading this fucking drivel in the Mirror today? To describe it as moronic would be praising it unnecessarily:

The Mark Lawrenson column: Why Liverpool missed a trick by not picking up Dimitar Berbatov - Mark Lawrenson - Mirror Online

The Mark Lawrenson column: Why Liverpool missed a trick by not picking up Berbatov

Liverpool may have lost yesterday but if you’d walked into Anfield a minute after Jonjo Shelvey had been sent off you wouldnt have known it was 10 against 11.

Read the Daily Mirror match report: Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United

They made all the chances before the sending off and Steven Gerrard was outstanding.

The trouble is, it just underlined how tough it will be for Liverpool until January with no goal poacher to put away their many chances.

Even by the transfer window it doesn’t mean the problem will be solved. In fact, if Luis Suarez gets injured its going to be even worse.

As for contenders, they have missed a trick not going for Dimitar Berbatov from United. Although I reckon the American owners would have seen him as too old at 31, just as they felt Fulham’s Clint Dempsey was.

But you look at the impact Berbatov has made at Fulham and you realise just how much he still has to offer. He’d have been fantastic in tandem with Suarez.

Demba Ba at Newcastle will be another one that Liverpool have a look at in January. Alan Pardew has made public the fact that he has that £7.5million release clause and I was surprised at that at first.

But then, after the problems being created by Ba’s agents and the people around him, I just wonder if it is a shot across their bows from Pardew to make it clear that he will not be dictated to by anyone.

Back to yesterday, though, and I just thought the pre-match tributes were very well done, superbly observed. You are always looking for the slightest thing that goes wrong and, broadly speaking, nothing did.

What I liked most was that although the respect was there you had the fans still standing foursquare behind their respective teams.

You dont want to sanitize the rivalry. You dont want the hatred but you dont want to sanitize the rivalry. That has been one of the great things we have had between two great football clubs for many years.

When Fergie took over at Old Trafford it was Liverpool on top. Now it is the other way around.

Jonjo Shelvey’s tackle was poor though. Not only the way that he went in – and he did catch Jonny Evans down his right leg – but he also went in scissors.

Evans also went in but if you watch him in slow motion he is just concentrating on the ball.

Shelvey did the scissors tackle and then followed through and I don’t think he can have any arguments about being sent off.

As for the clash with Sir Alex, I think Shelvey felt the United players that rushed to the referee got him sent off.

Shelvey got himself sent off. He has already apologised and I think he’ll have had someone point out the error of his ways to him.

When you are in the heat of the moment you probably think it wasn’t that bad but when the dust settles you do think: ‘Oh my word.’

Its part of growing up and Shelvey has to do his growing up in front of millions of people.

How come that other 'red' never picked him up on his reasoning behind not sending Evans off?

Lawrenson argued that Evan's couldn't be seen as reckless because he was looking at the ball! Fair point, except Shelvey had his back to the ref so he is taking a pretty big leap in assuming he isn't looking at the ball, the only evidence to support this would be if he didn't get the ball, but he did!

It was a shithouse decision, and backed by shithouses.

He's a thatched headed cunt.

I just watched MOTD on the iplayer and that other dick Colin Murray can fuck off also. Some fucking red him. I obviously don't expect him to be biased, but he seems to go too far the other way against Liverpool in an attempt to be objective. Does it on Fighting Talk and MOTD without fail. They showed the Suarez penalty incident and then the Scholes challenge on Sterling and he just goes 'ball' for the first and 'ball for the second in pure snide tone. When Chiles used to do MOTD (shit as an anchor but I thought he was well suited to the tone of MOTD), he never hid from the fact he's a West Brom fan, same with Balague and Espanyol on the Spanish footy. It is possible to support a club and be objective without joining in with the digs and coming across as snide.

Mini rant over on the IT technician looking twat.

He's a thatched headed cunt.

I just watched MOTD on the iplayer and that other dick Colin Murray can fuck off also. Some fucking red him. I obviously don't expect him to be biased, but he seems to go too far the other way against Liverpool in an attempt to be objective. Does it on Fighting Talk and MOTD without fail. They showed the Suarez penalty incident and then the Scholes challenge on Sterling and he just goes 'ball' for the first and 'ball for the second in pure snide tone. When Chiles used to do MOTD (shit as an anchor but I thought he was well suited to the tone of MOTD), he never hid from the fact he's a West Brom fan, same with Balague and Espanyol on the Spanish footy. It is possible to support a club and be objective without joining in with the digs and coming across as snide.

Mini rant over on the IT technician looking twat.

Agreed, he's been on my 'can fuck off' list ever since the MOTD covering the handshake incident. Forget his exact words but they were so snide and, I mean even if he didn't have the stones to give the other side like Barnes did, he seemed even more vitriolic than the "neutral" observers who were casually branding him a racist without engaging their brains. Something like "Let's make this clear, this is a player who has been CONVICTED of RACIST ABUSE."

One drawback of being in the Europa I guess, on balance we'll have more Murray than Lineker (who I'm no particular fan of but doesn't really do anything to rile me either).

As for Lawrenson, didn't catch that MOTD and it sounds like he was worse than usual, although to be honest I've just conditioned myself to tune out when he opens his trap.