You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

IM not looking past the Norwich game but cant help but think about the Chelsea game.

I don't want to hear any bollocks beforehand about Chelsea are due a win or shit like that, we are due a big win against them.

Since that second champs league semi when jose was there they have done us over in all the big games we played them, a couple of exits in late rounnds of the champions league and they took an fa cup off us.

Approach the Norwich game properly but defeat can not be an option against chelski.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Just when I thought I couldn't despise Tan and Ole anymore, they prove just how small time they really are

You just know the baby faced rat will be heavily involved in all this...and who gives a fuck if they knew their team?

Everyone knows if he's picking it it's gonna be shit...

The Liverpool hangover maybe? That according Pellegrini is one reason for their draw against Sunderland.

They made the same mistake they've made many times.... taking their foot off the gas.

The difference between the best and the worst in the PL one a single matchday can be quite a fine line. On paper it looks a huge difference, but if a top team is off their game by 10% they can lose, or draw games. 

City got what they deserved by taking it easy after getting an early goal, then couldn't get back into their stride until it was too late.

City only seem to kick into gear with a kick up the arse on the pitch these days. It should be happening before they come out of the tunnel.

C'est la vie though. Crowd way too tense, and the old 'we'll toss this away' attitude was rife on the terraces. Disappointing season. Not disastrous, just disappointing. Ran out of steam with a squad that ought to be able to cover that possibility.

It's hard to argue a case for City when a rival has won the last 10 or 11 games in a row, and could go unbeaten to the end of the season. That's the form of champions, no arguing.

• Upvote 5

This Cardiff Palace thing is baffling me. Of course Pulis's is going to try and get any advantage he can and it's Cardiff's fault if they have employees who leak. So why would Palace lose points?

Cardiff are really annoying me at the moment. I'll be gutted if they somehow stay up

• Upvote 1

You have to say Bale's continued to progress, and I was a serious doubter. Even told my Spurs mate that he wasn't very good about 4 years ago.

Nowhere near as complete a player as Ronaldo, but he's excellent all the same.

If he's worth 80 million, what on earth is Suarez worth? Suarez is currently (imo) number 3 in the 'most wanted by any club' stakes, after the obvious two. 100 million plus?

Obviously, I don't think anybody's really worth that, but in comparison to an excellent Bale, Suarez still brings more quality to the table.

I think Suarez is the best player in the world at the moment.

He is getting the same goals and assists as Messi and Ronaldo, despite the other two getting many from penalties.

To add to that he doesn't always play as a striker, at times this season we have used him on the right or left wing.  He has freedom to roam, as Ronaldo does, but it still shows he will change his role for the good of the team.

To add to that he doesn't get the free role the Ronaldo and Messi do without the ball.  When Barca or Real lose possession, those two basic stop running.  Ronaldo will jog back into position if the opposition have the ball but that's about it.  Suarez is not only always on the move when we have possession (as Neville & Carragher showed he makes the most sprints in a game in the league).  But without the ball, like Rush did, he leads our pressing / defending and everyone in this team have to do that.  He also tracks back, when playing in the wide position.  

So basically he gets the same amount of goals & assists as Ronaldo and Messi, but also does the ugly stuff, such as putting his foot in and working his ass off without the ball.  Ronaldo and Messi have done it season after season, which is why they are rated as the big two.  But for me, Suarez is the best player in the world at the moment and the other two are behind him.

• Upvote 4

To add to that he doesn't get the free role the Ronaldo and Messi do without the ball.  When Barca or Real lose possession, those two basic stop running.  Ronaldo will jog back into position if the opposition have the ball but that's about it

Why would you want the worlds best attacking talent getting tired tracking back. Save their energy for what they do best imo.

Bale is a less skilful version of Ronaldo.

Physically and technically immense. The perfect type of players to make individual impact on games. I'm surprised that Ancelotti has pissed around with playing Bale on the left, he'll score goals from there, like the one against Barcelona, but he'd get many more from the right.

Neither have the genius of Suarez. Its a thought process that cannot be learnt. Messi has it. David Silva has it, to some degree.

• Upvote 1