You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Two nil Lennon. Fucking hell Arsenal are shite. Never have I seen two easier goals.

I don't know......the pace this game is being played at ... I worry about how Carra and Agger are going to deal with Lennon and Bale. Pressing further up works for our offence, but they are going to get chances.

do you think that our style of splitting the centre backs and dropping Lucas in is going to work against that pace?? Might be ok if our possession is at 70 per cent but otherwise we might be exposed.

I don't know......the pace this game is being played at ... I worry about how Carra and Agger are going to deal with Lennon and Bale. Pressing further up works for our offence, but they are going to get chances.

do you think that our style of splitting the centre backs and dropping Lucas in is going to work against that pace?? Might be ok if our possession is at 70 per cent but otherwise we might be exposed.

I don't think we should be trying to "work against the pace" but instead, stifle it before it gets a chance to hurt us. They have great players so its easier said than done but I think we really need crowd their players before they get a chance to get their head up and run at us.

In Agger, Johnson and Enrique we have some pretty quick players, too.

I don't think we should be trying to "work against the pace" but instead, stifle it before it gets a chance to hurt us. They have great players so its easier said than done but I think we really need crowd their players before they get a chance to get their head up and run at us.

In Agger, Johnson and Enrique we have some pretty quick players, too.

I think these players are fast, but maybe not so quick. I do agree that stepping up on the man will be the key for us, but then the "sweeper" so to speak will still need to be quick. Do you see our back four doing any better against that run by Lennon? If the ball turns over on one of our attacks then we have the centre two wide and a glacial (albeit tactically very smart) Lucas against, say, Bale. I shudder. This is where Rogers needs tactical smarts while we wait for new players.

IF, and it's a big IF, we can beat spurs we're 7 points off a hit & miss chelsea in 4th with 9 games to go and a run of much easier fixtures than anyone above us. Just saying, like.

Still unlikely, if not impossible, we've probably left it a bit too late. I think probably Arsenal in 5th is realistic short of one of the above blowing up. As you say it hinges on Spurs next week.

IF, and it's a big IF, we can beat spurs we're 7 points off a hit & miss chelsea in 4th with 9 games to go and a run of much easier fixtures than anyone above us. Just saying, like.

Exactly.

Moreover we'll still have Chelsea to play at home. A Chelsea who also have to go to Man Utd, and welcome Spurs, Swansea and Everton.

Edit: Oh, and...

PHOTO_18190361_173471_30834042_ap.jpg

Someone earlier mentioned stifling them before they get the ball to Bale or Lennon. If you cut off the supply, Bale will simply find a way to create his own opportunities as he's done before. So cut their midfield off and I think you have a better chance of frustrating them.

So Chelsea are not going to play more games then, is that how it works?

IF' date=' and it's a big IF, we can beat spurs we're 7 points off a hit & miss chelsea in 4th with 9 games to go and a run of much easier fixtures than anyone above us. Just saying, like.[/quote']

If we beat Spurs, in a competitive manner, then it defo could have a galvanising effect, and possibly launch a late run that scares the shit out of all and sundry, which I would thoroughly enjoy. One team that has given us grief over the last 2-3 seasons is the shite from White Heart Lame. Re enge would e sweet indeed.