You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was watching RAW on my PS3 yesterday and I got to the point where Bryan made his announcement and it crashed. I couldn't be bothered to continue watching. I think I'm going to have a little break, I'm completely turned off the product right now. 

Bryan's feud with Kane and Cena facing the Wyatts has gotten far too silly for my likings. The Kane shtick in particular was really hard to watch last week. I dig the Wyatt family but can't help but feel they faced Cena too soon. Unless Cena is facing Bryan or Punk the guy makes me want to change the channel. His feuds that aren't for the title are borderline retarded. 

The Shield vs Evolution isn't quite doing it for me either. Bit too heavy on the beat-downs for my likings. Maybe it's time they added a new member to Evolution or have Ambrose or Reigns turn? 

I'm a big fan of Cesaro and BNB, but I'm convinced the WWE has no clue what to do with Cesaro. Either they're actually really clever and this is all leading to Cesaro vs Brock or they're absolute idiots and doing something as simple as capitalising on a bloke (that looks like a billion quid) winning that Andre battle royal is beyond them. 

I'm also really, really tired of them bringing guys up and having stupid, time wasting 'matches' that benefit no one. What the hell they think they'll achieve by having Swagger (someone with actual talent and a good manager) getting distracted and losing in seconds thanks to someone who will be tag-teaming with Santino in 2 months, I do not know. This Rusev guy looks decent, so what do they do? Have him beat nobodies who aren't even on TV any more. Great. Why not bring him in and start a programme with Sheamus or Cesaro? If you don't think he's ready yet, beating Xavier Woods in a few minutes isn't going to do anything to change that, why not just debut him at another time? Crazy I know. 

Batista could easily be holding the title as they wanted him to be storylined with Bryan but he refused to loose to him again.

I cant stand him and think he offers little, they make a rod for there own back thebway they let the likes og Batista and Lesnar come back and take main event spots for and then disappear again. If you are going to strip Bryan id have Orton take the title by turning on HHH after he got turned on last time. Have a match with Kane and Orton for the title and bring in a new member for Evolution (there has been rumours somebody is going to join I won't say who) and you can still have the three on three Shield -Evolution at next event. Cant think of many that could step in to hold the title

No he didn't

I have read stuff that says he did. Didnt want to loose to him again after loosing the triple threat match. He is shit anyway.

The more respected wrestling journalists claim that report isn't true. He's pissed at false promises from WWE.

I don't usually pay attention to those reports anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Payback is good, the cena-wyatt match along with the shield-evolution match was definitely the main attraction, and it was well deserved. Triple H ended up with a bruised eye and Reigns ended up with cuts&bruises all over his body.

The finishing for raw was shocking, but satisfying though.

I recently found a youtube channel that has a shitload of RAW's from 1999 so I've been watching them chronologically and fuck it's been awesome so far. Ludicrous yes, but  massively entertaining nonetheless.

Highlights so far (just approaching Wrestlemania) have been:

1.How hot pretty much every crowd was (also how even the midcard is over as fuck, Val Venis / New Age Outlaws were  getting massive pops)

2.Vince playing one of the greatest heel roles ever.

3.Every character having some sort of feud going on which makes the matches feel like they mean more compared to today.

4.Genuinely funny angles like Mankind stealing the Rock's 100,000 reward (taken from Shane's trustfund) for distracting Austin at the Rumble or Vince with Briscoe and Patterson searching for Austin in Texas.

Low points have been:

1.Every match has a run in or screwy ending, like almost literally every one.

2.Ken Shamrock (I used to like him as a kid, but he's wooden as fuck watching back).

3.Not really a low point as such but The Rock's promos around this time aren't as good as I remembered and mainly consist of Catchphrases.

A lot of people who still watch now say that WWE needs to end the PG Era but watching back at 1999, a lot of the x rated stuff is some of the worst stuff on the shows. The reason that era was so good was the amazing characters and entertaining feuds and storylines. Some of the violence they could get away with in ring does add to it, but they could still make a much better show now even in PG.

I agree about it being a swerve for the sake of it. A few weeks from now I *maybe* would have been on board with it, but one night after they all beat the living fuck out of each other and the Shield emerged in tact and on top standing over them, we're supposed to believe Trips contacted Rollins and said "hey bro, wanna join Evolution?" and Rollins goes "sure bra."

Will be interesting to see the rationale behind it. It's not like they can say they chipped away at Rollins for weeks is it? Or there was insurrection in the Shield. They dealt with all that months ago.

Surely if Rollins was going to sell out it would have been last night? Not the next night.

But yeah, Dean fuckin' Ambrose. 

Yeah, it makes no sense to go through a war, come out the other side as the winner and then defect to the side who keep getting their asses handed to them. No wonder Ambrose looked so confused.

I recently found a youtube channel that has a shitload of RAW's from 1999 so I've been watching them chronologically and fuck it's been awesome so far. Ludicrous yes, but  massively entertaining nonetheless.

1.How hot pretty much every crowd was (also how even the midcard is over as fuck, Val Venis / New Age Outlaws were  getting massive pops)

3.Every character having some sort of feud going on which makes the matches feel like they mean more compared to today.

4.Genuinely funny angles like Mankind stealing the Rock's 100,000 reward (taken from Shane's trustfund) for distracting Austin at the Rumble or Vince with Briscoe and Patterson searching for Austin in Texas.

Low points have been:

2.Ken Shamrock (I used to like him as a kid, but he's wooden as fuck watching back).

3.Not really a low point as such but The Rock's promos around this time aren't as good as I remembered and mainly consist of Catchphrases.

A lot of people who still watch now say that WWE needs to end the PG Era but watching back at 1999, a lot of the x rated stuff is some of the worst stuff on the shows. The reason that era was so good was the amazing characters and entertaining feuds and storylines. Some of the violence they could get away with in ring does add to it, but they could still make a much better show now even in PG.

you got a link to the channel, chief?

There used to be full shows up for 97 and 98 too, both welly better years than 99, but I still wouldn't mind watching some of it. I just wish someone would upload the shows from 2002 and 2003. I wanna watch HHH's reign of terror again.

you got a link to the channel, chief?

There used to be full shows up for 97 and 98 too, both welly better years than 99, but I still wouldn't mind watching some of it. I just wish someone would upload the shows from 2002 and 2003. I wanna watch HHH's reign of terror again.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8zhCHWJ5N8KxVYm5S4O7-w here you go mate.

• Upvote 1

How good* was the Rusev skit with the medal and the Russian national anthem? I love how they're going full-on Rocky IV with this angle. If it wasn't so true to life they'd probably even start hinting that he's on the arl steroids.

Prediction: He really, really hurts Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Cena changes his jorts to American Flag colours to save the day.

* by good, I mean absolutely awful.

It's just woeful, I read Vince is big on Rusev which doesn't suprise me and  is still stuck in 1985 with this shit. Speaking of Cena, I wish he would just turn heel in a similiar fashion to Bret Hart in 1997 and start shooting on the crowd that's turned on him, that could be epic.

Me either.

I don't think there's any need to turn Cena heel. Where's he at now is a great spot for WWE; hated by the smarks and loved by the kids. They could do with him not looking so invincible all the time though, that's the real dull part of him. Also, I see he ripped Steph for having implants. Good job that his missus doesn't have them or that could be really awkward.

No reason for a Cena heel turn. The Evolution story will get prime time viewing especially in the absence of the champion. MITB should be full of top stars but would love for HHH to win, then get an easy victory over DB or Kane after their Main Event. Evolution needs title belts and they ant getting the tag titles with the Uso's and Wyatts in that frame.

Cessaro is great but will get pissed off with Heyman talking about Lesnar all the time, reckon Lesnar will return for SummerSlam for their match.

Steph vs Bella is certainly my dream match at the minute.

Low points have been:

I was watching some Undertaker videos, from around that time, the other day and they were incredibly entertaining.

In one, he attacks Stone Cold in the hospital, abducts him; goes to bury him alive but Austin regains consciousness, so they chloroform him; after that they decide against burying him alive and decide to embalm him. They then break into a funeral home, place Austin on the table and just as Taker, who is speaking in tongues, goes to embalm/murder him, Kane arrives and Austin runs off. I'm not making this up.

There's then another whole host of videos with Undertaker just abducting people and sacrificing them on this Klanesque cross. The titles are just matter of fact as well, like "Undertaker sacrifices Boss Man" or "Undertaker kidnaps Stephanie" as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

I would love to have seen how that creative process unfolded, because the results were absolutely ace.

Dean Ambrose is absolutely brilliant on that microphone. Reigns is getting better. I liked how at the beginning I thought they were teeing him up to be a strong silent type, but he would have eventually needed to get his words out so I guess it was coming.

Still, gutted they broke them up.

It hasn't been announced yet, but I guess they aren't doing a mitb briefcase match this year, just a ladder match for the title. The PPV is only 3 weeks away now so why not throw everyone who failed in their title match qualifier into a briefcase ladder match? Ziggler. Barrett and RVD, 2 more who will fail to qualify, I'm sure they can chuck a couple more guys into that match and have a hell of a ladder match.

I'm also a bit unsure about where the shield are going now. They're still focused on Rollins, Orton is in the title match now, maybe a Rollins & HHH vs Ambrose & Reigns?