You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Shit news, but an all-time great promo from Punk:

Devoed - was looking forward to seeing what they had planned for him, especially after the superb promo him and Rhodes had last week.

The feller seems to be cursed and sadly it looks like his body is giving up on him

Might be best if he transitions to a manager type role - he'd be great as the leader of a young heel stable and with his top drawer mic skills could really help get them over.

I thought the injury was a work when McIntrye attacked it but seems not.

21 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Interesting development on Smackdown.

People are hating it.

One of the issues with pro wrestling is you have to humor legends like The Rock because of "what they did for the business" and they are probably going to have to bury their current top babyface to make it happen. 

Might also be some Vince McMahon lawsuit and injury aftershocks which are influencing the decision.

25 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Interesting development on Smackdown.

What a pile of shite that was last night.

Rhodes wins the royal rumble back to back, works his arse off, gets over big time, becomes the biggest face in the company and then just stands aside from the biggest match of his life so 51 year old Dwayne who hasn't wrestled for years can just waltz in and challenge for the belt.

Absolute Dogshite.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

People are hating it.

One of the issues with pro wrestling is you have to humor legends like The Rock because of "what they did for the business" and they are probably going to have to bury their current top babyface to make it happen. 

Might also be some Vince McMahon lawsuit and injury aftershocks which are influencing the decision.

They’re going with The Rock, because he’s a bigger star and it’s a bigger match.

I would have preferred Cody vs Roman with The Rock as special guest referee, but to be fair they’ve booked the bloodline brilliantly, so far.

People were mad when Drew lost in Cardiff, furious that Sami lost in Montreal and madder still when Cody didn’t win last year, but all those decisions have been vindicated.

I opened this thread for a laugh as I thought there'd be loads of funny parody and ironic comments.

I've just read this one page and if I'm reading it right, I think people are being serious (to be fair, I often struggle to work out when Kevin is not being ironic, but still...).

I'm not making a comment beyond that, as it's clear that there's people who do like American wrestling and wish to discuss it.  I'm just really, really surprised.

That is all.

34 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

They’re going with The Rock, because he’s a bigger star and it’s a bigger match.

I would have preferred Cody vs Roman with The Rock as special guest referee, but to be fair they’ve booked the bloodline brilliantly, so far.

People were mad when Drew lost in Cardiff, furious that Sami lost in Montreal and madder still when Cody didn’t win last year, but all those decisions have been vindicated.

It's a terrible decision that makes no sense, that's been brought about because of a bunch of outside factors. 

The YouTube video of the Rock/Roman segment has 300k dislikes.

The brilliant booking of the Bloodline ended at last year's Wrestlemania. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's a terrible decision that makes no sense, that's been brought about because of a bunch of outside factors. 

The YouTube video of the Rock/Roman segment has 300k dislikes.

The brilliant booking of the Bloodline ended at last year's Wrestlemania. 

I’m not sure that’s true, they tried to make the match last year for WM, and The Rock came out on TV 4 weeks ago to explicitly challenge Roman.

Still, it’s not what I would have done and it’s unsurprising people are cross. Wrestlemania will probably break every record , but not sure what they do after that, Roman as champ for another year until the next Wrestlemania?

20 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I’m not sure that’s true, they tried to make the match last year for WM, and The Rock came out on TV 4 weeks ago to explicitly challenge Roman.

Still, it’s not what I would have done and it’s unsurprising people are cross. Wrestlemania will probably break every record , but not sure what they do after that, Roman as champ for another year until the next Wrestlemania?

He challenged Roman but it was done in a metaphorical way. They could have done something like make him the referee, as you said. His involvement really could have been anything. It didn't need to be a match this year. The match with Roman could have ultimately been next year. They are both part timers anyway.

The booking around Wrestlemania is always subject to change and this just screams decision made on the fly because of a bunch of recent happenings. And it's not a big deal to them anyway because the Rock is the biggest star in the industry but it doesn't make it the logical decision based on storylines.

2 hours ago, razor said:

I opened this thread for a laugh as I thought there'd be loads of funny parody and ironic comments.

I've just read this one page and if I'm reading it right, I think people are being serious (to be fair, I often struggle to work out when Kevin is not being ironic, but still...).

I'm not making a comment beyond that, as it's clear that there's people who do like American wrestling and wish to discuss it.  I'm just really, really surprised.

That is all.

A cocaine promo playlist

34 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He challenged Roman but it was done in a metaphorical way. They could have done something like make him the referee, as you said. His involvement really could have been anything. It didn't need to be a match this year. The match with Roman could have ultimately been next year. They are both part timers anyway.

The booking around Wrestlemania is always subject to change and this just screams decision made on the fly because of a bunch of recent happenings. And it's not a big deal to them anyway because the Rock is the biggest star in the industry but it doesn't make it the logical decision based on storylines.

My take is that Rhodes will have a pep talk with someone, most likley CM Punk.

He'll then refuse to give away his shot.

Rhodes Vs Dwayne at the Aussie thing coming up for the right to fight at WM, which is dumb in itsefl, but hey-ho.

Rhodes wins and goes to WM where he wins clean, they'll be loads of nonsene before hand from all involved to try and cheat.

WhIlst Rhodes is celebrating he gets a proper beat down and is saved by Dwayne.

Dwayne cleans house and pummles Reigns which sets up Backlash...

Completely buried the world championship which will headline day 1 and destroyed any credibility of your top babyface that you spent two years building in the space of one segment, impressive. Not sure how they could have made Cody look worse other than him dropping to his knees and kissing the Rocks boots before he left.

Assuming this isn't some type of attempt at a swerve, which it doesn't look like.

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

My take is that Rhodes will have a pep talk with someone, most likley CM Punk.

He'll then refuse to give away his shot.

Rhodes Vs Dwayne at the Aussie thing coming up for the right to fight at WM, which is dumb in itsefl, but hey-ho.

Rhodes wins and goes to WM where he wins clean, they'll be loads of nonsene before hand from all involved to try and cheat.

WhIlst Rhodes is celebrating he gets a proper beat down and is saved by Dwayne.

Dwayne cleans house and pummles Reigns which sets up Backlash...

The dirtsheets are saying Rock is doing a lot of politicking backstage. The most we can expect I think is a triple threat.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The dirtsheets are saying Rock is doing a lot of politicking backstage. The most we can expect I think is a triple threat.

Possibly, but this all has the feels of a work in itself.

I think there's much more behind it than a big(ger) payday.

Dwayne can't win in a triple threat, doesn't make sense that way.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Possibly, but this all has the feels of a work in itself.

I think there's much more behind it than a big(ger) payday.

Dwayne can't win in a triple threat, doesn't make sense that way.

He couldn't carry a singles match that is more than like 5 minutes, either, though. 

It's attractive to think a lot of stupid decisions in pro wrestling are works but usually they are just that; stupid decisions.

If it's a work, they have to salvage a lot of things.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He couldn't carry a singles match that is more than like 5 minutes, either, though. 

It's attractive to think a lot of stupid decisions in pro wrestling are works but usually they are just that; stupid decisions.

If it's a work, they have to salvage a lot of things.

This one just seems a little too stupid though.

You bury your cash cow and his successor to give an old guy an ego massage?

Vince was a dum dum, but there's a whole professional set up calling the shots now who aren't as pure carny as Vince.

48 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This one just seems a little too stupid though.

You bury your cash cow and his successor to give an old guy an ego massage?

Vince was a dum dum, but there's a whole professional set up calling the shots now who aren't as pure carny as Vince.

You can always count on the wwe to justify these things, though.

The Rock may get booed, he may not. Either way, the tickets are already sold and they will make a lot of money. 

And then from a story standpoint, they could keep the title on Roman and push him as the greatest modern champion. His reign if it goes past September, will be longer than Hogan. Despite the fact no one cares about this. 

I think they are quite determined for Roman to break Hogan's record and make him the longest reigning in modern history. Only behind Backland amd Samartino

That would mean he holds till Sep 11th. 

The bloodline thing and Romams constant push as longest champion  has been boring nearly a year. He's part time and you know what's going to happen with the only time you think he might lose bring wrestlemania. Anyone that believe Sami or LA Knight would be him were kidding themselves