You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Had a cough for weeks so her mum has just got me a bottle of this (Black Magic). Under the counter stuff from a place in Anfield. The olds ones swear by it. I hope it helps because it’s bloody horrible 

IMG_1448.jpeg

Sure I used to get something like that when I was a kid.

Got covid again. 3rd time. Definitely a lot milder than first two times. I thought it was just a bad cold. As the Mr's is high risk she did a test and was positive. Then I did one and same result.

It's her first time. Interestingly didn't catch it from me when I had it previously. I remember reading that smokers were less likely to catch covid for some reason and she smoked then. Anyway she's fine.

Its hanging on though feel washed up and lethargic rather than really ill. Every day I think " be OK tomorrow " but wake up just the same.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2024 at 14:13, Elite said:

So in other words, you're saying he's a complete wanker that deserves to be dipped in a vat of colonic irrigation waste?

Harsh but fair.

Woah there, I wouldn't say I'm a "complete" wanker, just most of the time.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Managed to put my back out twice in 10 days, both in different spots. First time standing up in the kitchen and second time putting my keks on after taking the kids swimming. 

I'm not new to back pain but thought I had it under control until this double whammy. It really is a twat. Gonna have to go back to physio and see if I can get this sorted once and for all. It's not like it happens when I'm actually doing anything strenuous, almost the opposite.

Anyone else suffer seemingly innocuous back strains?

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Managed to put my back out twice in 10 days, both in different spots. First time standing up in the kitchen and second time putting my keks on after taking the kids swimming. 

I'm not new to back pain but thought I had it under control until this double whammy. It really is a twat. Gonna have to go back to physio and see if I can get this sorted once and for all. It's not like it happens when I'm actually doing anything strenuous, almost the opposite.

Anyone else suffer seemingly innocuous back strains?

I just sneezed while I was lying in bed the last time I did mine. Always a bit wary of coughs and sneezes because of that.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Had quite that last 2-3 weeks

Woke up with a sore throat, the next day turned into flu like symptoms. Only had the flu couple of times in my lifetime but I realise this is not a normal cold.

I have tickets to see Bruce Springsteen in Cardiff and I'm meant to fly the next day. 

I cancel the flight as I can't get outta bed. Luckily there is another flight two days later and lands two hours before the show. The flight is expensive but I don't wanna miss the gig. I can do this *fist pumps*

Get the flight, still have a fever and feel generally grim. Make the gig, can't even face drinking a beer. Maybe Springsteen playing for over 3 hours is too long after all.

I'm crashing at my sister's house for two nights. She doesn't have a proper bed for me and I'm sleeping on a camp bed from the 1930s. So no real sleep and still feeling fucking terrible. I now need to get my ass to Birmingham. I've collected a cunt load of extra baggage. Just carrying myself almost feels impossible. This is my Everest. 

I make it to hotel. Haven't eaten properly for 3 days (or had a beer) just go straight to bed.

Take the flight. Journey from hell. Actually feel like I'm dying. 

I get home. My own bed, that's all I need. I'll be fine. I have absolutely no appetite and don't want a drink (can't remember going over a week without a beer, batshit) 

Struggle to sleep over the weekend. I then wake up with severe pain in my hands and they have completely swollen and I can feel it starting in my feet.

Go to the doctor fist thing Monday morning. I can barely walk. I didn't know it was possible to feel this unwell.

I get rushed to hospital and put straight into intensive care. Stay there for two nights.

I have a super rare pneumonia and spend another 3 nights in hospital. 

Bit of a battle but get them to release me yesterday afternoon. At home now, feeling loads better. Apparently flying with pneumonia is crazy dangerous and probably why I felt like was gonna die.

Fuck me I'm gasping for beer.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Woke up with a sore throat, the next day turned into flu like symptoms. Only had the flu couple of times in my lifetime but I realise this is not a normal cold.

I have tickets to see Bruce Springsteen in Cardiff and I'm meant to fly the next day. 

I cancel the flight as I can't get outta bed. Luckily there is another flight two days later and lands two hours before the show. The flight is expensive but I don't wanna miss the gig. I can do this *fist pumps*

Get the flight, still have a fever and feel generally grim. Make the gig, can't even face drinking a beer. Maybe Springsteen playing for over 3 hours is too long after all.

I'm crashing at my sister's house for two nights. She doesn't have a proper bed for me and I'm sleeping on a camp bed from the 1930s. So no real sleep and still feeling fucking terrible. I now need to get my ass to Birmingham. I've collected a cunt load of extra baggage. Just carrying myself almost feels impossible. This is my Everest. 

I make it to hotel. Haven't eaten properly for 3 days (or had a beer) just go straight to bed.

I get home. My own bed, that's all I need. I'll be fine. I have absolutely no appetite and don't want a drink (can't remember going over a week without a beer, batshit) 

Struggle to sleep over the weekend. I then wake up with severe pain in my hands and they have completely swollen and I can feel it starting in my feet.

Go to the doctor fist thing Monday morning. I can barely walk. I didn't know it was possible to feel this unwell.

I get rushed to hospital and put straight into intensive care. Stay there for two nights.

Bit of a battle but get them to release me yesterday afternoon. At home now, feeling loads better. Apparently flying with pneumonia is crazy dangerous and probably why I felt like was gonna die.

Jesus mate sounds like hell. Birmingham? 

Hope you’re on the mend fella 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The doctor forgot to tell me that my cholesterol level was 6.8 when I had my last blood test. "It's slightly high, change your diet" Twat.

Slightly high to me means eat slightly less shit. 6.8 means eat no shit and pass me the statins. I blame the folks, they both on statins, like my grandparents were, so it's likely hereditary. Twats 

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

The doctor forgot to tell me that my cholesterol level was 6.8 when I had my last blood test. "It's slightly high, change your diet" Twat.

Slightly high to me means eat slightly less shit. 6.8 means eat no shit and pass me the statins. I blame the folks, they both on statins, like my grandparents were, so it's likely hereditary. Twats 

They tried to put me on statins but I said 'No.' I've lost some wait and changed my diet a bit. I think statins are a bit of a racket to those of us slightly younger than their target users. I think this may be a 'big pharma' push over and beyond who are necessary. In my view anyway.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They tried to put me on statins but I said 'No.' I've lost some wait and changed my diet a bit. I think statins are a bit of a racket to those of us slightly younger than their target users. I think this may be a 'big pharma' push over and beyond who are necessary. In my view anyway.

Maybe you need a new watch.

• Upvote 1

On 19/05/2024 at 22:16, The Midnight Rambler said:

had a real bad dose of pneumonia back in 2007. and i was only 25 then. 

collapased at about 4am, luckily i was still living at home at the time and my dad had gotten up to check on me when i got up to go downstairs. 

my temperature was through the roof and i had the weirdest gargle/bubbling sound in my chest when i was breathing in and out. 

thankfully the hospital is only about 500 metres from my parents house (as the crow flies). they doses me with antibiotcs and i was generally well within a few days, the chesty cough last a good 4-6 weeks though. 

and i also remember if there was any sniff of a cold or sore throat going around at the time, i got caught, and i was like that for the following year. Pneumonia is no joke

hope you're feeling better soon

48 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

had a real bad dose of pneumonia back in 2007. and i was only 25 then. 

collapased at about 4am, luckily i was still living at home at the time and my dad had gotten up to check on me when i got up to go downstairs. 

my temperature was through the roof and i had the weirdest gargle/bubbling sound in my chest when i was breathing in and out. 

thankfully the hospital is only about 500 metres from my parents house (as the crow flies). they doses me with antibiotcs and i was generally well within a few days, the chesty cough last a good 4-6 weeks though. 

and i also remember if there was any sniff of a cold or sore throat going around at the time, i got caught, and i was like that for the following year. Pneumonia is no joke

hope you're feeling better soon

I seemed to have just developed the cough now, been an absolute twat to try and sleep with.  Cheers man, appreciate it.

17 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

I seemed to have just developed the cough now, been an absolute twat to try and sleep with.  Cheers man, appreciate it.

Obviously I can't speak for you. But if my memory serves me right, I was on more than one antibiotic at the time. 

They worked remarkably quick, got that crackling in my chest lasted a while, and as I previously said, the chesty cough lasted weeks. 

But you should really be feeling pretty much ok from Sunday or Monday I'd imagine. Hopefully anyway

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Obviously I can't speak for you. But if my memory serves me right, I was on more than one antibiotic at the time. 

They worked remarkably quick, got that crackling in my chest lasted a while, and as I previously said, the chesty cough lasted weeks. 

But you should really be feeling pretty much ok from Sunday or Monday I'd imagine. Hopefully anyway

Took me three weeks to get over pneumonia. One week on my bed dying, the next week in hospital and a third week of rest before I could go back to work.

I had pleurisy at the same time. It wasn't very fucking nice & one of my lungs still hurts five years later.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Took me three weeks to get over pneumonia. One week on my bed dying, the next week in hospital and a third week of rest before I could go back to work.

I had pleurisy at the same time. It wasn't very fucking nice & one of my lungs still hurts five years later.

When I had COVID, I had Pneumonia and blood clots on both lungs. My stay in hospital didn't even feel long because I was asleep most of the time, I remember coming home and sleeping about 20 hours a day for about a week. Fucks you up.

Just had an ocular migraine, otherwise known as a visual migraine. I've had maybe 4/5 of these things in the last 10 years or so . 

There's no pain associated with them , but the first time was a bit scary to say the least. It's like a little zig zagged light show , that starts centrally , and works outwards. 

Weird .