You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

Had an issue with my foreskin splitting quite often during sex and got circumcised just before new year.

Currently halfway through week 3 of around 4-6 where I can't have a wank or do any shagging while it heals. I'm also on antibiotics for a UTI picked up following the surgery and have to sit down to go for a piss as it goes everywhere.

Fortunately I seem to be past the point where getting a hard on leads to me to bleed from the wound but the stitches haven't dissolved properly yet as they should have done so I'll probably need to have them taken out next week.

Had more enjoyable starts to a year.

What have you been shagging? Matilda from Robot Wars?

• Upvote 1

I'm two weeks into what has been diagnosed as calcific tendonitis in my shoulder.  Had a twinge there for around a year or two and put it down to wear and tear of carrying the kids over the past ten years as they grew up.  Couple of Sundays back I woke up with a pain in the shoulder and attributed it to sleeping funny.  Woke up at 3am Monday morning in incredible pain but being a man didn't do anything about it.  Struggled for a week on painkillers and sleeping on the couch sat upright until the shoulder completely froze and woke up last Sunday through the night in pain that took my breath away, so ended up being dropped off at A&E.  One x-ray later and a large piece of calcium has built up in the shoulder joint which has resulted in my being unable to move my upper arm any more than an inch in any direction.  Now on 500mg Naproxen, 30mg codeine and all the Deep Heat, Deep Freeze and patches you can shake a stick at.

Hospital said I needed to be referred to Orthopedics by my GP who wouldn't refer me until I visited the physio and booked me in yesterday.  Within 5 minutes the physio said I needed cortisone injections with the possibility of keyhole surgery in my shoulder.  Prescribed me more painkillers as I "could be waiting a long time".

Can't drive, working from home and lunch hour walks to clear my head.  Not all bad.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

I'm two weeks into what has been diagnosed as calcific tendonitis in my shoulder.  Had a twinge there for around a year or two and put it down to wear and tear of carrying the kids over the past ten years as they grew up.  Couple of Sundays back I woke up with a pain in the shoulder and attributed it to sleeping funny.  Woke up at 3am Monday morning in incredible pain but being a man didn't do anything about it.  Struggled for a week on painkillers and sleeping on the couch sat upright until the shoulder completely froze and woke up last Sunday through the night in pain that took my breath away, so ended up being dropped off at A&E.  One x-ray later and a large piece of calcium has built up in the shoulder joint which has resulted in my being unable to move my upper arm any more than an inch in any direction.  Now on 500mg Naproxen, 30mg codeine and all the Deep Heat, Deep Freeze and patches you can shake a stick at.

Hospital said I needed to be referred to Orthopedics by my GP who wouldn't refer me until I visited the physio and booked me in yesterday.  Within 5 minutes the physio said I needed cortisone injections with the possibility of keyhole surgery in my shoulder.  Prescribed me more painkillers as I "could be waiting a long time".

Can't drive, working from home and lunch hour walks to clear my head.  Not all bad.

Ouch. Sounds horrible that. 

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

This belongs in the World of a Man thread

Love from Champ x

2 hours ago, Furmedge said:

I feel for you, I've had something similar for the best part of 18 months now, in both shoulders. I have rheumatoid arthritis, so the symmetrical pain would seem an obvious RA problem, and take Naproxen and Codeine every day anyway which barely touched the sides. I've now seen 4 'extended scope physios' (they triage for the RA consultant, because they're so short of staff), all of which were fucking useless.

I've variously been diagnosed with a rotator cuff injury (in both shoulders at the same time, with no obvious cause?), RA, loss of muscle mass, carpal tunnel and shoulder impingement. I've been told to do gym work and it would sort itself out in 6-8 weeks- 8 months later and it was as bad as ever. One silly cow decided on the basis of an X-Ray that there was no RA involvement, which must be a medical first as you can't see joint inflammation from a fucking X-Ray.

The only thing that worked was a steroid injection into the shoulder joint, but that wore off after 3 months. In desperation, as I hadn't slept properly for nigh on a year, I went to see a private physio who saw that my thoracic spine muscles were extremely tight- basically the gym work had simply layered muscle on top of already rigid muscle and was essentially making it worse. She gave me a sports massage- which was incredibly painful- a set of simple stretches to loosen up my middle back and 'nerve floss' and told me to apply heat as often as possible to my back and upper arms, and it's worked wonders. It's still constant pain, but nothing like the 'toothache in my arms' it was before. Good luck!

42 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I feel for you, I've had something similar for the best part of 18 months now, in both shoulders. I have rheumatoid arthritis, so the symmetrical pain would seem an obvious RA problem, and take Naproxen and Codeine every day anyway which barely touched the sides. I've now seen 4 'extended scope physios' (they triage for the RA consultant, because they're so short of staff), all of which were fucking useless.

I've variously been diagnosed with a rotator cuff injury (in both shoulders at the same time, with no obvious cause?), RA, loss of muscle mass, carpal tunnel and shoulder impingement. I've been told to do gym work and it would sort itself out in 6-8 weeks- 8 months later and it was as bad as ever. One silly cow decided on the basis of an X-Ray that there was no RA involvement, which must be a medical first as you can't see joint inflammation from a fucking X-Ray.

The only thing that worked was a steroid injection into the shoulder joint, but that wore off after 3 months. In desperation, as I hadn't slept properly for nigh on a year, I went to see a private physio who saw that my thoracic spine muscles were extremely tight- basically the gym work had simply layered muscle on top of already rigid muscle and was essentially making it worse. She gave me a sports massage- which was incredibly painful- a set of simple stretches to loosen up my middle back and 'nerve floss' and told me to apply heat as often as possible to my back and upper arms, and it's worked wonders. It's still constant pain, but nothing like the 'toothache in my arms' it was before. Good luck!

You get a bye, Chris, for having a pre existing condition and doing something about your additional issue

• Upvote 1

On 20/01/2024 at 16:31, Champ said:

This belongs in the World of a Man thread

Love from Champ x

I've been the doctors three times in 14 years, Cath.  I'm not one to turn up unless I'm tied to a chair with a light shone in my face by the family first, and I can hand on heart say, this really fucking hurts.  Just like Mudface, I've been told it's rotator cuff that's causing the most trouble and on the xray there's a piece of calcium lodged in the joint.  Had my hospital appointment emailed to me with a link to view it, clicked on it just for a message to say the link doesn't work and to speak to my GP.  Called them this morning, told I'd get a call back. It's now close to 4pm and it's not coming, is it?  I'll throw that in the 'little things that annoy you' thread but the shoulder injury isn't going into the World of a Man thread.  Access denied.

4 hours ago, Furmedge said:

I've been the doctors three times in 14 years, Cath.  I'm not one to turn up unless I'm tied to a chair with a light shone in my face by the family first, and I can hand on heart say, this really fucking hurts.  Just like Mudface, I've been told it's rotator cuff that's causing the most trouble and on the xray there's a piece of calcium lodged in the joint.  Had my hospital appointment emailed to me with a link to view it, clicked on it just for a message to say the link doesn't work and to speak to my GP.  Called them this morning, told I'd get a call back. It's now close to 4pm and it's not coming, is it?  I'll throw that in the 'little things that annoy you' thread but the shoulder injury isn't going into the World of a Man thread.  Access denied.

No! The leaving it so long to do anything about it bit!

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Furmedge appearing out of nowhere and having a pop at Champ. 

Scenes. 

Not at all. I know I’m not following the GF rules but I take full responsibility here. A proper reply would have been better than a smart arse comeback

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Champ said:

Not at all. I know I’m not following the GF rules but I take full responsibility here. A proper reply would have been better than a smart arse comeback

So in other words, you're saying he's a complete wanker that deserves to be dipped in a vat of colonic irrigation waste?

Harsh but fair.

So my doctor prescribed me 14 sleeping tablets after my stepdaughter died. 

These have lasted me three months. Occasionally I'll have a few nights of shit sleep so I'll take one. Now the thing is these tablets lose effectiveness the more you take them, so when I've took them for two nights the effect lessons. It's good as it prevents addiction as you know there's no point taking them.

Asked for some more " no I'm worried your becoming addicted to them" " yeah I'm taking maybe one a week they help but lose the effects if you take them constantly" " your bereavement was 3 months ago so I won't give you any more"

Suffering from grinding my teeth- he told me this is called bruxism. Yeah I know that, told me see a dentist. This is England- more chance of a lottery win than finding an NHS dentist. 

I've had two decent doctors since I was a kid they fucked off to private practice. 

I’ve got the mother of all colds, had it since Sunday. Snotty one minute, bunged up the next. Coughing, sneezing, sore throat, wheezing when I breathe. I look like shit. 

Never had a cold like this before. It’s probably Covid but we’re out of tests. Gonna slather myself in VapoRub now and go back to bed. Feeling very sorry for myself. 

Anyone know agood head shrinker?

I've felt the depression worsening over last few days, I can feel it sneaking up on me, little bastard.

I was sat in the living room last night, dog asleep on my knee, and I could literally tell my mood was worsening minute by minute. I actually went to bed really early for me (9pm), but it took me fucking hours to get to sleep because my brain was absolutely buzzing.

Woke up at 8 this morning and I knew straight away I couldn't face a day work. Whatsapped my manager, who is a red and a sound lad, and booked a days holiday. He offered it me as a sick day as he I knows I struggle but I said to keep it as a holiday.

I've spent the day trying to catch up on sleep, managed to sneak the dog out for a 15 minute walk as the lad was asleep, a f generally tried to get my head together.

Hasn't worked. I'm now contemplating going back to work tomorrow despite being in the same shit state as I was this morning.

At least I work from home, no commute to deal with.

Sorry if I've hijacked this thread, I can't find the depression thread.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

That's great news, cunt of a disease.

but its only a test to confirm you have it, as opposed to a cure. 

my mother was recently diagnosed with dementia, her mother (my grandmother) had it also. 

my mother only turned 66. 

ill openly admit, im shitting myself that ill get it. im getting fierce anxiety over it, especially if i stutter any of my words or seem slightly dizzy with anything. 

proper prick of a disease. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

my mother was recently diagnosed with dementia, her mother (my grandmother) had it also. 

my mother only turned 66. 

ill openly admit, im shitting myself that ill get it. im getting fierce anxiety over it, especially if i stutter any of my words or seem slightly dizzy with anything. 

proper prick of a disease. 

Similar situation with me mate, my arl girl had it before she passed away, both of her remaining living sisters have it (one of whom is only 67), and possibly her eldest brother too.

Me, my sister, and a lot of cousins are bricking it, but just got to carry on (or maybe not in my case, see my other post from today).

11 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

It’s a chance to get a head start on it and put things in place to try to at least slow the effects or help the person. Especially if the new drugs get approval. Proactive rather than reactive.

I am sorry to hear about your mum and nan.

12 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Anyone know agood head shrinker?

I've felt the depression worsening over last few days, I can feel it sneaking up on me, little bastard.

I was sat in the living room last night, dog asleep on my knee, and I could literally tell my mood was worsening minute by minute. I actually went to bed really early for me (9pm), but it took me fucking hours to get to sleep because my brain was absolutely buzzing.

Woke up at 8 this morning and I knew straight away I couldn't face a day work. Whatsapped my manager, who is a red and a sound lad, and booked a days holiday. He offered it me as a sick day as he I knows I struggle but I said to keep it as a holiday.

I've spent the day trying to catch up on sleep, managed to sneak the dog out for a 15 minute walk as the lad was asleep, a f generally tried to get my head together.

Hasn't worked. I'm now contemplating going back to work tomorrow despite being in the same shit state as I was this morning.

At least I work from home, no commute to deal with.

Sorry if I've hijacked this thread, I can't find the depression thread.

do you think this has contributed to your mental state, as in, less human interaction?

why i ask, i think lately ive been suffering from some very mild depression or anxiety. if i stay inside, i feel fine, well, largely fine. lethargic obviously, but generally grand. I have a tendency to stay in on the weekends, but midweek i have to leave the house for work. 

however if i have to interact, im finding my head spinning, dizzy spells, nearly finding it hard to talk, as in stumbling my words. 

but in work, which im out of the house every day, when im busy with my workmates and the general public id deal with, im 100%, no issues what so ever. So being busy is definitely better for me

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

do you think this has contributed to your mental state, as in, less human interaction?

why i ask, i think lately ive been suffering from some very mild depression or anxiety. if i stay inside, i feel fine, well, largely fine. lethargic obviously, but generally grand. I have a tendency to stay in on the weekends, but midweek i have to leave the house for work. 

however if i have to interact, im finding my head spinning, dizzy spells, nearly finding it hard to talk, as in stumbling my words. 

but in work, which im out of the house every day, when im busy with my workmates and the general public id deal with, im 100%, no issues what so ever. So being busy is definitely better for me

Could be, as much as I've benefitted from the lack of a daily commute, I think the lack of interaction has made me retreat even further into my shell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1