You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

[YOUTUBE]Jm_u5JLVju4[/YOUTUBE]

Fifa 13 – First Screenshots and Details

Soccer fans, get ready as we have some brand new information about the new version of your beloved Fifa series. David Rutter, the main producer of Fifa 13, told to everyone that was present at a recent London showcase that FIFA 13 will have 5 major improvements. These 5 improvements are First Touch Control, Player Impact, Complete Dribble, Tactical Free-Kicks and Attacking AI.

One of the first things to do at FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control. Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player. It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to achieve the control of the ball and run with it.

Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine. According to David Rutter, there will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges and we can hopefully kiss goodbye to all those awful physics bugs that flooded YouTube. The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values have been added at the hip and the upper body area.

In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction. In FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore. Moreover, the free-kicks got a new system. Up to three players can now gather around the ball. Players can feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also, the defense set pieces have been improved.

Last but not least, the offensive Artificial Intelligence got a huge improvement. The CPU-controlled players got better running routes and better guessing options of where you pass the ball. Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders, waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

Source - http://www.dsogaming.com/news/fifa-13-first-screenshots-and-details/

Release date - September 28th.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy it every year and I'm never impressed. But I've bought PES every year too and that hasn't truly impressed me in years either. I still play the latter more, simply because there is no other alternative other than FM, which is obviously king, but different type of game.

They need another football game to come along and give Fifa and pes a run for there money

Amen brother. FIFA and pes are both throwing out the same turd ridden games year after year with very little or no improvement most years. The last time FIFA really changed was 2010.

The most frustrating thing is I still buy them every year because I like footy games. I suppose people in my position are the reason they get away with doing it.

There is only one answer the the poor quality of football games these days.

[YOUTUBE]ynFWjxx9VUE&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rhHDjQCScXI[/YOUTUBE]

Ok that's two answers but in both cases they may have looked shit and not had all the shiny extras and Virtual Pro etc. but both had infinitely better gameplay and more fun factor.

PES and FIFA both feel so bloody slow to play as do lots of games now. Everything looks fantastic but it's all about looks rather than the actual feel of the games.

I got PES 6 for the 360 and thought it was utter turd. I stopped buying them after that. Football games were always the most enjoyable games with the most replay value. SWOS 96/97 was fucking unreal for the Amiga. I then moved onto FIFA until 98 when I experienced ISS deluxe for the mega drive. It opened my eyes to how generic FIFA was.

It was then ISS 64 and 98 both quality before I got the PS2. The pro evos then took over my life. It all started going downhill in PES5 when they started to try and control the realism of it. They made it impossible to dribble and the first touch was purposefully shite. You couldn't get the free scoring games of the early versions. Although they were brutal they were painfully fair. If you were playing a player better than you, you would get beat every time. PES6 was such an embarrassment it's not even worth discussion.

I made a return with FIFA 12. It took a while to get used to it. After years of not playing them it took a lot to get used to because it isn't perfect and you have to learn how to get around the querks like players automatically running forward randomly. It could be a lot better but then on past experience it could be a whole lot worse. I just hope they don't ruin it with FIFA 13 by doing what Konami did with PES.

In terms of PES it's basically broke. They need to give up and go back to square one. Build the game up from scratch. They won't because plenty of idiots/parents will just go out and buy it because it's PES. They probably just make millions off the brand name alone now. It's why it's so surprising EA did revamp FIFA and put the effort in it to make it the game it is.

• 4 weeks later...

780x200-H-Wk32-NR-FIFA13andLeviBoxers-nobutton...jpg

The Hut/Zavvi also did this last year with better boxers and the ultimate edition. £34.99 ain't too shabby.

Keep/flog/give away boxers.

Fifa | TheHut.com

Got mine delivered on the Thursday before release.

If you want the Ultimate edition, this is the best deal by far:

FIFA 13 - XBOX360/PS3 - £31.49 NORMAL - £35.99 ULTIMATE @ Sainsbury's Entertainment - Hot UK Deals

You can add me to the list of not enjoying online gaming.

I can't stand the way every new game seems to not worry about single player campaigns and just goes after online gaming.

I wouldn't mind playing online with people I know play for a laugh but most online seem to be little mouthy yank twats.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried the demo and I think I'll avoid the temptation to buy PES this year. I still think I'd enjoy the gameplay of PES more, but I don't invest enough time into games these day bar Football Manager and I can't be arsed with the faff of putting all the kits and leagues on PES this year. Plus it seems everyone has jumped over to FIFA now and no-one is game for a few games of PES any more.

I did like the demo though. Only played 2 games and lost both and it still a long way off been something I invest real time into, but I know I'll like it enough to play it most of the year if they've fixed career mode and the stupid transfers that happen.

Plus Master League in PES this year sounds utter shite. Buying boots to improve player stats. No thanks. Stick to the basics but add more leagues instead of ridiculous gimmicks that take away the immersion. I remember PES of old on the PS2 had barely any leagues, division 2 wasn't even a full league, you couldn't change club or anything like that but I played ML for hundreds of hours. I played it the day it came out until the day the new one came out.