You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TNF FIFA 12 Cup - PS3

Allan

Would folk be interested in an in-house TNF cup competition?

I've not got the game myself, yet, but if there was enough interest, I would be willing to purchase it and organise a knock-out tourney.

I'd be looking to kick this off in early to mid July.

So, if you fancy the chance of whipping me at FIFA, stick your name down in this thread. I'll gauge the interest and take it from there. Ideally I'd like 16 participants to keep things simple...

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

In depending on how my arm heals up, I had surgery on it on Monday. It might not make any difference actually as I rarely play it online and always get beat.

Fuck it, in.

Copy arrived this morning and has since caused my machine to crash. My machine now has the YLOD for the second time in less than a year.

I'll need to run my machine down to the place I got it repaired last time, as I don't have time to attempt a fix myself.

Hopefully I can get this sorted fairly quickly and it won't impact this tourney.

I thought you had got TK's old machine sorted so you had a back up?

Never got round to getting the drive fixed.... This will force me to get both sorted I suppose!

I've got Wednesday night booked off at work now, so I'm going to run both machines down first thing Wednesday morning after I've finished work at 06:00, and hopefully get them both repaired the same day.

Copy arrived this morning and has since caused my machine to crash. My machine now has the YLOD for the second time in less than a year.

I'll need to run my machine down to the place I got it repaired last time, as I don't have time to attempt a fix myself.

Hopefully I can get this sorted fairly quickly and it won't impact this tourney.

Bollocks, asked you about your PS3 in the YLOD thread before I seen this.

Are we going for 4* and below only?

Oh and everyone download the updated squads if you haven't already.

See what everyone thinks. If people don't want all Real v Barca or Spain etc then we can go 4* and below. If not, we can just go with everyone pick what team they like.

Knowing Al, I'm sure he has the format and rules already sorted. Should be a bit of craic this.

Is this on ps3?

I thought the thread title was pretty clear.... *cough*

Yes mate, this will be for FIFA12 players on the PS3.

What way are you planning on doing this, Al? Will everyone have to have a different team and make it 4 star max teams. Or everyone can pick who they want and people have the same teams?

See what everyone thinks. If people don't want all Real v Barca or Spain etc then we can go 4* and below. If not, we can just go with everyone pick what team they like.

Knowing Al, I'm sure he has the format and rules already sorted. Should be a bit of craic this.

I was hoping to get a feel for the game this week, but due to my second YLOD, these plans have been knocked back a few days...

I had hoped that there may be an option to create a "friends" tourney in the game itself, whereby the host, me, would invite the participants, you, into the competition and FIFA would then look after the competition progression. However, from the ever so brief glimpse I got, it does not look like that such a facility is available.

With this in mind, I'm more inclined to say that we'd be best all being the same team, and then playing the contests over 2 legs, so that both players can host. The contests would then be based on pure player skill, rather than who has the better connection/virtual squad.

I haven't played FIFA for around 10 years or so now, so I'm not familiar at all with the functionality for the online area! As such, I would appreciate any feedback or advice from you grizzled veterans!

Oh and everyone download the updated squads if you haven't already.

We certainly all want to be at the same level, so I would echo this statement. I will be certain to do so myself once I'm back up and running, which will hopefully be tomorrow evening...