You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Correct me if I’m wrong…

So the owners take in £100m+, they give away a tiny percentage fraction of the club which means fucking nothing to the club under ffp? 

FSG get £100m+ but seeing as they’ve never put a penny into the club that’s pure profit. 

That £100m is then paying down debt on the club that has always had to be self financing? 

I smell a massive fucking load of horseshit. 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong…

So the owners take in £100m+, they give away a tiny percentage fraction of the club which means fucking nothing to the club under ffp? 

FSG get £100m+ but seeing as they’ve never put a penny into the club that’s pure profit. 

That £100m is then paying down debt on the club that has always had to be self financing? 

I smell a massive fucking load of horseshit. 

As I understand it they use the money to pay down debt . Giving up a small part of club to reduce its liability seems reasonable.

It depends whether this is FSG selling shares or increasing capital.

To explain it better, let us assume the club is valued at 4.8 billion.

If the new investor puts in an additional 0.2 billion to increase the value of the club to 5 billion. That would be a 4% stake for the new investor and 96% share to FSG. In this case the 0.2 billion would be the club’s money and could be used to settle club debts or pay any business expenditures.

However, if the new investor buys shares from FSG then the value of the club remains at 4.8 billion, with 4.6 billion (95.83%) being FSG’s share and 0.2 billion (4.17%) being the new investor’s share. In this case the 0.2 billion would be FSG’s money and it would go straight to their pockets.

I think once they realised the Saudis could fund their next two transfer windows by selling one player and boost the kitty even more by selling god knows who over the the foreseeable,  any chance of them selling a meaningful stake in the club disappeared. Much better to reevaluate in a few years when it becomes clearer what the long term financial gains are of sucking Saudi dick. You’d imagine the prospect of that Super League kicking off again has them licking their lips.

4 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

It depends whether this is FSG selling shares or increasing capital.

To explain it better, let us assume the club is valued at 4.8 billion.

If the new investor puts in an additional 0.2 billion to increase the value of the club to 5 billion. That would be a 4% stake for the new investor and 96% share to FSG. In this case the 0.2 billion would be the club’s money and could be used to settle club debts or pay any business expenditures.

However, if the new investor buys shares from FSG then the value of the club remains at 4.8 billion, with 4.6 billion (95.83%) being FSG’s share and 0.2 billion (4.17%) being the new investor’s share. In this case the 0.2 billion would be FSG’s money and it would go straight to their pockets.

It has been said the money will go towards debt payments.

• Upvote 1

From the Athletic:

What will Dynasty Equity’s money be used for?

Think of this as like a creative debt management plan rather than a transfer pot for manager Jurgen Klopp.

To bring some of Liverpool’s debt down, FSG has been looking for outside investment while remaining focused on the day-to-day running of the club.

The last set of accounts, up to June 2022, showed a net debt of £74million and inter-company debt of £71m. The £50m spent on Liverpool’s new training facility and the £12m purchase of their old base at Melwood for the women’s team are, however, not included in those figures.

Costs are also rising for the estimated £80million Anfield Road Stand expansion project, which was initially set for completion next month but has been delayed because the contractor, Buckingham Group, fell into administration.

So to summarise we had a bank debt of £74m and £71m "owed to FSG" for the Main Stand....

£50m still outstanding for the training ground, £80m plus for the Anny Rd  and then £12m for buying back Melwood. So all in all just shy of £300m.....

BTW,  I think if the sale of a small stake reduces debt used for investments in stadium and facilities, that is a good thing. Even in the case the club is in this way repaying loans to FSG with interest (which I don't know if this is the case). It is better than the club repaying loans for the stadium improvements from revenue.