You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In all seriousness lads, Kenny has a contract for next season and beyond. Why the fuck would they announce anything unless he's for the chop? Certainly not to ease a load of drama queens getting hysterical on the internet.

That Mirror online report bears all the hallmarks of an off the record briefing from Kenny.

Personally id give kennny untill christmas to Establish some consistency. I really want him to stay. The big question for the americans is who do they trust with their 50m (so im told) war chest. If they do replace him ill cry and it better be someone good. Like from the top tier and i for one cant see many out there.

Twenty minutes is generous.

I think that much depends on how Kenny presented his case. If he tried the post -Swansea nonsense of "just bad luck/full credit to the lads/ nothing wrong/ hard work/ can't fault anyone for anything" tack he will have been in big trouble.

I hope, trust, and believe that he was a bit smarter than that.

The problem is the only assessment they can really make is strategic and you would imagine the lineaments of that case have been clear for a while.

Unless they have Van Gaal or some such hiding under the table you wonder what they are up to.

Personally id give kennny untill christmas to Establish some consistency. I really want him to stay. The big question for the americans is who do they trust with their 50m (so im told) war chest. If they do replace him ill cry and it better be someone good. Like from the top tier and i for one cant see many out there.

Whats the point in just giving him until Christmas?

Either go the whole hog and get rid or back him for the whole of next season barring disaster.

If he is fired i don't trust them to find an adequate replacement to be honest

I think we need to wait and see on that front. I don't buy that they don't have more knowledgeable people to canvas opinion from and, who knows, perhaps they've come to know more than you might think over the last 18 months or so. Enough to make a competent appointment if need be, an appointment one hopes isn't a lower tier Premier League manager.

I'm sure they know all too well that money was defiled horrendously for the purchases of Downing & Henderson, which you'd hope would lead to a bit of extra revision.

I think we need to wait and see on that front. I don't buy that they don't have more knowledgeable people to canvas opinion from and, who knows, perhaps they've come to know more than you might think over the last 18 months or so.

I'm sure they know all too well that money was defiled horrendously for the purchases of Downing & Henderson, which you'd hope would lead to a bit of extra revision.

Hopefully different people than they've been canvassing till now. I'm not sure I'd even trust them to identify the people to canvass.

If, for some strange reason, the owners came out with a statement backing Kenny, would anyone believe it anyway? It'd just mean tomorrow's papers would run with the old "kiss of death" angle of backing a manager who they think could be fired.

No one seems to know when the meeting was originally scheduled, whether it was brought forward and at whose insistance. The narrative for the media is easy - Kenny, desperate to tell his side of the story rushes over and now he's waiting for an answer. It's depressingly predictable.

Now every newspaper is trying to wring 1000 words out of the square root of fuck all info.

Bullshit. If you had half a clue you wouldn't be posting on here.

The implication that only people who don't have a clue post on here is plainly wrong and is an insult to some excellent posters.

Now if you don't know, don't understand, or don't believe, that "Sources close to Dalglish /x" is journalistic shorthand for an unattributable briefing, that really is up to you.

However you might wonder where the detail from their report comes from. It won't come from FSG. It can only come from Kenny,now you might think that the Mirror made it up - but contrary to popular belief, papers don't like fabricating stories because if they do, it alienates all parties at a critical time.Just at a time when they need the parties involved most.They lose advantage at a time of maximum need.

As you know, by chance one of my oldest friends is a TM Sports Editor, and a Red. Unattributable briefings are just that - but I am sure that you can join the dots up for yourself.

In all seriousness lads, Kenny has a contract for next season and beyond. Why the fuck would they announce anything unless he's for the chop? Certainly not to ease a load of drama queens getting hysterical on the internet.

Though with all the hysteria going around the media and also the fans at the moment.

Then add on the fact he is off on his holls and he has flown out to Boston for only one day before coming home.

Then the press apparently asking the club and then spreading more stuff about them not replying and that making the fans even more worried.

A simple we havent commented on the matter because theres no truth at all in whats being reported comment from the club would go along way to putting the brakes on the subject.

At the end of every season our manager makes a report to the board. Shankly did it, as did Paisley and Fagan, as did every successive manager. I don't recall any statements being issued after these briefings and I don't see why the club should make any official statements after our current manager's report back to the board.

Our press have excelled themselves in this instance. Werner, at the time of Comolli's dismissal, stated that the owners were pleased with Dalglish. Yet the hacks, taking their cynical mistrust of a 'vote of confidence' as proof positive Kenny was on his way, have whipped themselves into a dunderheaded frenzy of gossip, speculation and desire for wish fulfillment by insisting Kenny's position was in jeopardy.

If the club ain't saying anything then I suspect there ain't anything to say. No matter how hard our football scribes desire a story I believe Kenny's meeting with the owners was only out of the ordinary because of its location. Andy Hunter and Tony Barratt's pieces are mere musings. Yet I understand their problem - how the fuck do you report on something when there is absolutely nothing to report?

If' date=' for some strange reason, the owners came out with a statement backing Kenny, would anyone believe it anyway? It'd just mean tomorrow's papers would run with the old "kiss of death" angle of backing a manager who they think could be fired.

No one seems to know when the meeting was originally scheduled, whether it was brought forward and at whose insistance. The narrative for the media is easy - Kenny, desperate to tell his side of the story rushes over and now he's waiting for an answer. It's depressingly predictable.

Now every newspaper is trying to wring 1000 words out of the square root of fuck all info.[/quote']

If they came out and backed Kenny,then sacked him it would completely undermine the fan base.They wont do that.

If he is going to go,he will go and a statement will be released accordingly.

Personally I dont think he will,this was a trip to Boston to have a meeting with the owners - some lunatic decided that he was ITK and started sprouting crap. It wasn't the first time it happened and it certainly wont be the last.

Look on that Liverpool-Rumours website, if all the ITK's on there were actually in the know,then the club need not have a website,facebook or twitter.

The implication that only people who don't have a clue post on here is plainly wrong and is an insult to some excellent posters.

Now if you don't know, don't understand, or don't believe, that "Sources close to Dalglish /x" is journalistic shorthand for an unattributable briefing, that really is up to you.

However you might wonder where the detail from their report comes from. It won't come from FSG. It can only come from Kenny,now you might think that the Mirror made it up - but contrary to popular belief, papers don't like fabricating stories because if they do, it alienates all parties at a critical time.Just at a time when they need the parties involved most.They lose advantage at a time of maximum need.

As you know, by chance one of my oldest friends is a TM Sports Editor, and a Red. Unattributable briefings are just that - but I am sure that you can join the dots up for yourself.

Seriously I cant believe you wrote this papers dont fabricate stories?

You fucking serious?

Kelvin fuckface wankstain dosent agree with you for starters.

It won't come from FSG. It can only come from Kenny,now you might think that the Mirror made it up - but contrary to popular belief, papers don't like fabricating stories because if they do, it alienates all parties at a critical time.Just at a time when they need the parties involved most.

Erm.... the S*n?

They ain't gonna sack him. And I doubt they would have insulted him with an upstairs role, they're not stupid IMO. While he still retains the majority of fans support, they know it's going to be damaging to he dreaded 'brand' word. Dalglish had always maintained that he would always put the club before his own interests and nothings changed. If he still feels he can produce a credible challenge next year, then they should respect that after he stepped into the breach and guided us out of the bottom three after Woy's disastrous tenure. It's been a season of failure one to put behind us. It's not as if theyve delivered anything on stadium investment,the one thing these Yanks and their business connections were expected to deliver. This is more disappointing as finishing 8th and a Carling Cup. They need to take this club off the back pages of every sleazy rag, back Kenny and give him the proper support in the boardroom and concentrate on a better calibre of player than mo diame if they're serious aboyr restoring this club to past glories and the highest of standards on and off the field.