You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What formation should we look to use next season? 4-3-3 with Luis and a new player on either side of Carroll? a 4-2-3-1 with Carroll as the lone striker, Suarez Gerrard and a new player in the '3'? If he keeps this up, he is going to be a fucking monster next season, just hope he can add a goal to go with these performances.

Monster

A lots has been said said about his recent performances and he's beginning to show us what he can do. It's plain to see when he plays like he has been recently then he can be seen as unplayable. He can dominate any centre half in the country when he plays like this.

The thing that impresses me about him - and i don't think its been mentioned much or if anybody else has noticed it. The way he conducts himself and speaks in the post match interview. The press paint this picture of this Gordie drunken owf, nothing could be further from the truth. he conducts himself in a manner befitting to a liverpool player and seems to be very intelligent and likeable fella. He's show a lot of heart recently and i think the pennys finally dropped with what playing for liverpool really means. How good he'll ultimately be for us is up to him.

He was tremendous tonight. A beast of a player when on song but inconsistent. Can't say I have faith in him starting next season like this but we'll see.

Why don't you have faith in that?

I think it is quite obvious the chance of him delivering performances like the last few months, is good. He looks like a guy who finally have some confidence, and have been in good shape. He looks willing to fight, and it is like the fans appreciation of him have motivated him to keep on going.

He has been consistent for the last few months. He needs to develop(as every young player needs) but he finally looks comfortable up front and have done it for some time now.

Why don't you have faith in that?

I think it is quite obvious the chance of him delivering performances like the last few months, is good. He looks like a guy who finally have some confidence, and have been in good shape. He looks willing to fight, and it is like the fans appreciation of him have motivated him to keep on going.

He has been consistent for the last few months. He needs to develop(as every young player needs) but he finally looks comfortable up front and have done it for some time now.

Because i've seen enough false dawns in the last 20 years to know that things just don't go to plan for us. I'm sick of saying, 'we're gonna do this and that next season', and 'player X is gonna be boss next year', etc.

Forgive me for not getting carried away. i'd love nothing more than for him to develop into the beast that he's capable of being.

I'll tell you what, I think the turning point was the reaction from the Newcastle fans, he seems more determined to succeed at the club since the boos.

Had an excellent alround game, yeah some areas where he needs to improve on but he's still young and developing

I've hated most of this season and was looking forward to the end but for Andy's sake I wish it wasn't ending, hope he comes back as strong next season

This. Carroll's last few games have been excellent. A far cry from where his performances were a few months ago. Bring on next season.

Because i've seen enough false dawns in the last 20 years to know that things just don't go to plan for us. I'm sick of saying, 'we're gonna do this and that next season', and 'player X is gonna be boss next year', etc.

Forgive me for not getting carried away. i'd love nothing more than for him to develop into the beast that he's capable of being.

Mr Grumpy pants !

I have backed him to come good from the start,he has the ability there is no doubt.

But there is one thing that I have to admit that has been at the back of my mind for quite a while about him and I hope I am wrong about this.

Its a nagging feeling about how he started the season here,now I really do think he had it in his head he could get a cut price move back to the barcodes in the january window.

That was the reason he just wasnt trying at all till funnily enough around the time the window was closing.

Then slowly he has come into some sort of form and now he seems to be playing out of his skin.

Is it because he has finally realised there isnt going to be any move back home so he has accepted it or has it anything to do with with the Euros and the olympic squads coming out soon.

I am convinced about the first part and he thought he could get sold back in January and maybe the last part is just a paranoia on my behalf about him.

After what Torres did here maybe I just dont trust players the way I use to anymore.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There are a lot of things wrong with his game, and he's a player from the 1988 Wimbledon side, but the last couple of games have been much better from him. I simply don't agree that he has been good over the last few months, that's wishful bullshit, but the last couple of games, when the team pushed up the pitch and he didn't have to run to get in the box very often, he has been more involved with play.

If we get a good offer, I still think he should be sold and replaced, but if we have money available in the summer anyway, giving him another season wouldn't be terrible.