You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've said all along is that he never hides. Some of the criticism aimed at him has been valid, but credit to him that he never shirks and keeps plugging away unlike some of the shitbags in our squad.

Hopefully he can keep up his recent form and start repaying back that transfer fee with a couple of goals.

One thing I've said all along is that he never hides. Some of the criticism aimed at him has been valid, but credit to him that he never shirks and keeps plugging away unlike some of the shitbags in our squad.

Hopefully he can keep up his recent form and start repaying back that transfer fee with a couple of goals.

He doesn't mate you're right. If Downing had half of his bottle he'd be a world beater. He has give his everything in recent months to make a success of his Liverpool career. He changed the game when he came on yesterday and channeled all his anger and frustration of not starting the match in to trying to win us it when he had his chance.

I was delighted when we signed him and I always thought that at Newcastle he had the potential to be an absolute monster of a centre forward. Yet I have a horrible feeling Kenny will sell him this summer.

He doesn't mate you're right. If Downing had half of his bottle he'd be a world beater. He has give his everything in recent months to make a success of his Liverpool career. He changed the game when he came on yesterday and channeled all his anger and frustration of not starting the match in to trying to win us it when he had his chance.

I was delighted when we signed him and I always thought that at Newcastle he had the potential to be an absolute monster of a centre forward. Yet I have a horrible feeling Kenny will sell him this summer.

Agreed, I sense Kenny doesn't trust him and wants rid. The apparent Tevez swap mooted during the year may have had some element of truth in it. Carroll has shown desire and bags of talent of late, he could be the best centre forward in the league but needs to start week in week out next season.

I'd be fearful of letting Kenny do anything with the cheque book next season to be honest.

He has been good for months. He definitely has a long-term future with us.

Yep, he has. Unfortunately, you often need goals for people to acknowledge that the rest of your play was good if you're a striker. That's been his problem with getting some fans onside. As i've said before, he might not be 35 million good but he's good enough for us and that's all we'll ever need him to be. The fee has gone now, forget about it.

edit. i dont think we'll be looking to sell him personally. Yesterday i think Dalglish/Clark were determined to play a certain system and that didn't include him.

Edited by Liquid football

Finally he's playing like this club (and his career) means something to him.

I think after the Newcastle game the penny finally dropped and he realised that he was heading for the exit in Summer and it seems to have been the wake up call he needed.

I've been proud of the way the lad was worked since then and if he can keep this up he'll win us all back around. Never through I would say that so nice one Andy.

Yep, he has. Unfortunately, you often need goals for people to acknowledge that the rest of your play was good if you're a striker. That's been his problem with getting some fans onside. As i've said before, he might not be 35 million good but he's good enough for us and that's all we'll ever need him to be. The fee has gone now, forget about it.

edit. i dont think we'll be looking to sell him personally. Yesterday i think Dalglish/Clark were determined to play a certain system and that didn't include him.

I think most people wpould say his approach play hasnt been good enough either. He hasnt been bullying defenders like he did yesterrday with John Terry being bullied off the ball. If he had played majority of games like yesterday then no one would criticise him.

Even with the Blackburn game when he scored he wasnt great. So its the other way round mate. You dont have to score to receive credit. .

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He has been good for months.

Only in the mind of a clueless fool, of which you're a prime example, has he been good for months. This is history re-writing based on a gutsy performance. He stopped being total useless and improved to where he was just very bad. The improvement doesn't mean he has been good, no matter how badly you 'want' it to be in your own little world.

Guest davelfc

He was pretty shit for ages and has improved a lot, still nowhere near the standard we need if we want to step up and regain a CL place.

I'd offload him and get someone that can score and play football. Something he struggles to do.

He's class! The usual bellends will come in and say it doesnt count because it was Chelsea reserves, he missed a chance, or whatever but he's improving at a huge huge rate and it's great to see. A big future here.

He was still up against England no 1 centre back. I'm made up with Andy. He's a good player and seems to enjoy bullying.

If he keeps playing like that and with the same attitude, he'll be one of the greats. We still need a goal scorer next season, but I think Big Andy is going to be a big player next season. He can be unplayable at times and he's still a baby. He could develop into a monster.

Shame he never scored - it would have been a reward for the effort he put in tonight. Luis had a great game because for once, the centre halves were kicking someone other than him. Andy bossed those two thugs

Yes. Real shame he didn't get a goal, because while the display was indeed very, very good, it is always going to be an easy thing to hurl back at anyone praising him for playing well but not scoring, because strikers are there to score goals primarily.

He was almost impossible to stop aerially, and showed some good skill and movement on the ground. That said - and I have mentioned it before - Andy Carroll should be unplayable in the air in every game, because he is roughly the size of the Main Stand