You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is the better right back?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better right back?

• Kelly
    • Johnson
    • Nothing in it

Kelly is better than that Walker at Spurs, in my opinion. Perception in football is a strange thing though. I think Spearing is better than Rodwell but you never here Jay mentioned as a potential England player. I don't think I've ever seen an impressive performance from Rodwell yet somehow he's rated as a £20 million player and is seen as a future international. I know which of the two I would rather have though.

Walker is like the defender version of Walcott, all pace and fuck all technical ability, it was laughable how he struggled going forward in the U21 Euros when the other teams doubled up on him

none of this sort of player would even be playing in the top division in Spain and it shows just how poor the english set up and mentality is that the likes of Walker and Walcott are rated higher than the likes of Kelly and Adam Johnson

The attacking side of his game has come on leaps and bounds. He was very 1-dimensional last year, so I think I know where soleilrouge is coming from. But this year he's really started to mix it up and if he can improve his link-up play with the forwards, he'll be a proper full back, like Johnson, and not just a converted CH.

His one dimension was brilliant though, going past the fullback on the outside, getting to the byeline and put a cross in.

I wish we had other one dimensional players in this squad with the ability to do that.

His one dimension was brilliant though, going past the fullback on the outside, getting to the byeline and put a cross in.

I wish we had other one dimensional players in this squad with the ability to do that.

But it didn't suit the players *not* trying to get on the end of the only option the driven cross. If we still had Owen he'd no doubt have 10 assists by now. But we don't. But he is adding to his game and hasn't stopped improving.

But it didn't suit the players *not* trying to get on the end of the only option the driven cross. If we still had Owen he'd no doubt have 10 assists by now. But we don't. But he is adding to his game and hasn't stopped improving.

if we can get some young attacking players in the next couple years through that show the same potential as Kelly, Flanno and Robinson I would be quite happy tbh.

if we can get some young attacking players in the next couple years through that show the same potential as Kelly, Flanno and Robinson I would be quite happy tbh.

Yeah, me too. I thought Adjoran might be one of them, but for all his obvious ability he doesn't seem to be on the cusp.

No offence mate, but this is exactly what I mean. He isn’t a brilliant defender yet. He’s shown that he can be at times, but he makes quite a few elementary errors that can cost us matches by getting turned far too easily and losing players. And while this is to be expected of a young defender, it still confirms he’s got a long way to go yet. Also, if he is to become a right back who likes to get forward like Johnson that his finishing has to massively improve.

I don't want to talk the guy down as he has it to make it at the top level, but I also don't want him talked up as the be all and end all just yet.

I know what your saying his positioning off the ball has been poor at times and he's been caught out as you say that will come will experience,but when I say brilliant defender it might be a bit much though hes shown that its very hard to beat him, he has good strength and good pace from a standing start.

I reckon he's the type of player that will improve with a run in the team,playing week in week out.For his age I think he Is an incredible talent he's got every thing and seems like he has a good head on him.

I know what your saying his positioning off the ball has been poor at times and he's been caught out as you say that will come will experience,but when I say brilliant defender it might be a bit much though hes shown that its very hard to beat him, he has good strength and good pace from a standing start.

I reckon he's the type of player that will improve with a run in the team,playing week in week out.For his age I think he Is an incredible talent he's got every thing and seems like he has a good head on him.

I think its cuz he never came up as a fullback - right now going forward he looks really good - imo sometimes better than Johnson as he is not as predictable, but he does not read diagonal movement as well cuz he is used to playing in the middle and letting the game come to him defensively. He is big and quick and will get into a tackle. all good things.

Kelly is better than that Walker at Spurs, in my opinion. Perception in football is a strange thing though. I think Spearing is better than Rodwell but you never here Jay mentioned as a potential England player. I don't think I've ever seen an impressive performance from Rodwell yet somehow he's rated as a £20 million player and is seen as a future international. I know which of the two I would rather have though.

Agreed, Kelly is miles better than Walker. Rodwell is so overated its unreal.

Didnt he score a 20 yarder against the mancs once? Apart from that moment hes pretty anonymous.

Fuck it though, its been happenin since the days of Tommy Smith, fuck England and its media winnets.

Kelly is a better defender than Walker, but Walker is better going forward.. But there's only a couple of full backs in the world better than Walker going forward (Alves and Lahm) so he's not alone there Martin.

Jesus.

Kyle Walker?

Theres kids on here mate, that opion shud be hidden in nsfw tags.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A really big season for this lad.

according to the official site he is back in full training, and there are rumours that he is being earmarked for a centre back position.

Worryingly he is actually starting to look like Jonathan Woodgate judging by the pictures of him in training!

• 9 months later...