You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

You really are a bitter and deluded fool. That's concentrated wrongness there. Distilled idiocy.

One mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter and all that Pete.

Bit like his comments about the Trappatoni video vis a vis the Rafa "rant". What was always lost, in part due to those whispering against Rafa at the time was Why Rafa did it. No one remembers the reason he did it, it was to protect as a top manager should, only people who should have known better didn't realise and Carra may or may not been one of those people.

The fact Rafa was right to do it and has never been given the credit for it is proevn because no one remembers the background. It wasn't about what he said it was about why he said it.

As for Carra, he's never been as talented as some of the greats and it will be a shame if his career comes full circle and he ends up a target for the boo boys which is as he started out, because whatever halpened with the Rafa shite, he is a club legend and made up in perspiration and guts what he may have lacked in talent.

His move to left back helped us to the treble, his move to CB helped us the CL, he's been key to much of the success we've had in the past decade.

As for the here and now, his position is about partnerships, Hansen n LaWro, Yeats and Lawler, Hughes and Thommo, Sami n Stephane And Sami n Carra. For me Carra needs Agger alongside him, but he always ends up alongside Skrtel. With Agger alongside him and a holding midfielder for protection, a must anyway, I don't see why Carra can't carry on for another year or two.

Guest ShoePiss
When Carra does move on/retire, is Stevie the next target?

Once he hangs up his boots, who will it be then?

Flanegan, he'd be the smart choice because he potentially has around 12-13 years with the club.

The wages are going to be what everyone falls back on. Putting aside everything else, he's no longer a player that should be getting that sort of money. We're not in a position to have a 3rd/4th choice centre back on anywhere near that either.

Its a pension for a career employee.

There's no way Liverpool fans don't like some players cos they are Scouse.

Well, obviously not. That's just stupid. I don't think anybody believes that. It is quite useful to claim it's true, though, when you're trying to stop people broaching a subject you don't want them to talk about.

Antynwa is an absolute master at it.

There's no way Liverpool fans don't like some players cos they are Scouse.

Wow, some sense!

Don't tell these lot though, apparently we've only just realised that Carra is scouse (still to realise the same about other members of the squad obviously) and have started to use it against him.

When Carra does move on/retire, is Stevie the next target?

Once he hangs up his boots, who will it be then?

The way I see it, (which is also the way that has made our club so successful) is that as soon as a player is not good enough they get fucked off out of it. Luckily for us, stevie is still world class and will hopefully carry on for a few years yet. Carra is, in my opinion, no longer good enough. There is a reason why stevie is captaining his country and carra is sat in the studio. Any comparison between gerrard and carragher is a bit unfair really. Gerrard is one of the best players i've ever seen.

Wow, some sense!

Don't tell these lot though, apparently we've only just realised that Carra is scouse (still to realise the same about other members of the squad obviously) and have started to use it against him.

Why do you hate him then? Because he said something nasty about poor old Rafa?

Why do you hate him then? Because he said something nasty about poor old Rafa?

Thats the point, I don't fucking hate him.

I disagree with a few of his opinions and have lost some respect for him after some of the shit he has said, but I don't hate him. Nor do I kiss a picture of Rafa every night before bedtime or trim my goatee like his out of pure love.

People on this site are too fucking moronic and harebrained to even comprehend a point of view that isn't drastically polarised to the deranged extremes of their own.

The reason this place shit's a collective brick whenever somebody criticises Carragher is because of some odd, ultra-defensive, vulnerable rationale which marries their irrational hatred for a certain ex-manager. How fucking paranoid do you have to be to conclude that I hate scouse people because I think Carra has said (and done) some stupid shit in the past.

If it doesnt take away anything from our budget why are we so worried about his wages?

Any wage paid comes out of the wages budget.

I thought he spoke a lot of sense tonight talking on the TV panel for the England game.

His ambition to manage our club is no secret.

Guest the boy

Shankly and Paisley would be turning in their graves at the prospect of Liverpool Football Club becoming a lucrative retirement home for the likes of Carragher. A £13.5 million contract signed shortly before ownership changed over -- risible. If he had any respect whatsoever for this club he'd have retired and allowed that money to be better spent. He earns twice as much as Modric. Absolutely laughable. Half the player and half the man that Hyypia was. In the pantheon of great centre backs to have played for this club - Yeats, Hughes, Thompson, Hansen, Lawrenson, Hyypia - he barely deserves a mention.

Edited by the boy