You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mine like talking. They like talking a lot. When we go out to eat anywhere they just sit and engage me in conversation. A lot. Talking loads. Loads of talking. 

*exhales*

My four year old asked 94 questions on a one hour car drive the other week, I counted.

Every one prefixed with ‘dada’ as my wife has selective hearing…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

My four year old asked 94 questions on a one hour car drive the other week, I counted.

Was the first one

Dada , did Jarg Hispalis' AI manager really play Virgil as a Defensive Midfielder ?

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Dada, important left-wing movement that espoused anti-capitalist ideas, or just a bit silly?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Maybe your four year old just has an interest in early 20th century, avant-garde, art movements? Maybe they are simply rejecting artistic and cultural authority. Did you stop to think about that?

• Upvote 1

Went to drop some decent stuff off at a charity shop before, first one said we'd have to book an appointment next week (an appointment to give them consumer goods to sell) so we fucked it off and went to the one next door who literally said 'oh no not donations, we're not taking donations'. We drove further afield and found one that'd take the stuff.

Between this, the charity chugger cunts they employ to harass you in the street, the fact they employ people like David Miliband on Megabucks, plus the fact most charities whose help you ever try to get are largely shite anyway (mental health charities are great at producing pamphlets but not actually any good at supporting mental health) they can get fucked.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Went to drop some decent stuff off at a charity shop before, first one said we'd have to book an appointment next week (an appointment to give them consumer goods to sell) so we fucked it off and went to the one next door who literally said 'oh no not donations, we're not taking donations'. We drove further afield and found one that'd take the stuff.

Between this, the charity chugger cunts they employ to harass you in the street, the fact they employ people like David Miliband on Megabucks, plus the fact most charities whose help you ever try to get are largely shite anyway (mental health charities are great at producing pamphlets but not actually any good at supporting mental health) they can get fucked.

All charities should be based out of London thus saving on extortionate rent, wages, and helping provincial office space get filled. Won’t happen though, the arts programmes can’t compare, dear. 

1 minute ago, Kepler-186 said:

All charities should be based out of London thus saving on extortionate rent, wages, and helping provincial office space get filled. Won’t happen though, the arts programmes can’t compare, dear. 

Would be interested to know if anyone has ever had any help from a charity. My nan got a chair off the British legion but that's about it. Tried to get my mum some help once from Age UK and they were shite, also to get some support when she was having trouble with my sister form autism UK and they were shite too, to an almost comedy degree. 

'hi do you do support groups and or benefits advice?'

'no, but we're hosting a speech by an American prof on autism at our big conference at the NEC, subsidised tickets are 45 quid.'

Great .

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Would be interested to know if anyone has ever had any help from a charity. My nan got a chair off the British legion but that's about it. Tried to get my mum some help once from Age UK and they were shite, also to get some support when she was having trouble with my sister form autism UK and they were shite too, to an almost comedy degree. 

'hi do you do support groups and or benefits advice?'

'no, but we're hosting a speech by an American prof on autism at our big conference at the NEC, subsidised tickets are 45 quid.'

Great .

Yeah I think there’s a real difference between “charities” and people who do charity work, the latter very often working with no budget, behind the scenes, and quite possibly being the last port of call for people in crisis. The former have marketing budgets and send newsletters out. But hey, shrink the state, Big Society, where’s my cut for lobbying Big Dave Cameron thinks it’s boss. 
Hope you got something sorted in the end, mate. 

• Upvote 1