You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

This is seriously beginning to fuck me off.

People who put coffee mugs or wine glasses on to wooden tables without using a coaster.You selfish unthinking bollocked brained bastards, the fucking trouble you have to go through to remove the stains. The fucking little mats with stupid patterns or pictures of birds littered all over the table arent there for decoration, no, they're there for you to put your drink on. It isnt difficult nor does it require any effort, do it again and i'm going round your house to fling ketchup on your carpet.

• Upvote 2

People who put coffee mugs or wine glasses on to wooden tables without using a coaster.You selfish unthinking bollocked brained bastards, the fucking trouble you have to go through to remove the stains. The fucking little mats with stupid patterns or pictures of birds littered all over the table arent there for decoration, no, they're there for you to put your drink on. It isnt difficult nor does it require any effort, do it again and i'm going round your house to fling ketchup on your carpet.

This all sounds very Roy Cropper.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Picture this.

It's a very hot day and they've got a really cold drink. Preferably with ice in it. A small bead of condensation creeps its way VERY slowly down the side of the glass, getting closer and closer to the surface of the table. You count the seconds. You follow the convoluted path of that single bead of condensation. You are so focused on that one spot that you fail to hear any of the conversations going on around you. Even by those who are speaking to you. And you don't realise that there's another bead of condensation on the other side of the glass that was racing its brethren down to the surface of the wood. And winning.

Are you picturing it? Are you?

• Upvote 3

Saw a horrendous example of rude, self entitled behaviour this morning in Lidl. 

I was getting a few bits of fruit and having a mooch because I was early.  Saw that there was a bit of a queue at the til, maybe 4 or 5 people, all with only 2 or 3 items, a croissant here, a bottle of orange juice there etc.  The cashier said "sorry folks can you move over to the next til because this one seems to be broken?"

I watched in amazement as the people at the back end of the queue grabbed their items and practically ran to get to the front of the til that was to be opened, leaving the guy at the front open mouthed in shock and at the back of the queue!!!! He was a little black guy in a nurses uniform, he just stood at the back not causing a fuss.  I was dying for him to kick up a fuss but he just accepted it in that terribly british way that we do. 

Absolutely nonce behaviour, I was flabbergasted at the cheek of these people.  Did they think that the guy would just forget he was at the front of the queue before hand?  Why did they think that the changing of the til suddenly meant that it was a free for all?  The Purge 5: Lidl Till Changeover

Fuck off you rude, rude bellends.  You're not a special snow flake, you are subject to the same rules of society as the rest of us.  Hope at least one of them choked on their pain au chololat

• Upvote 2

Seen that happen many times Paulie, and I must agree it's totally cuntish behaviour.

Mind you, wtf is going on in the mind of the checkout person ?

I would, and have, slammed my groceries down and walked / asked "Wtf am I ? Scotch mist ?"

If I had been in the queue I would've just said "ee arr mate you go to the front" but I was too far away to intervene without it looking like I'd sprinted half the length of an aisle to do so.

Don't blame the cashier to be honest, young girl, student most likely.  It's not up to her to police fully grown men and women.  Though the security guard should've got them on the ground and roughed them up.