You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, I don't know. I don't think any manager can be prepared for the kind of bile which spills all over the England job, from the press and the old boys club. Capello was and is an absolute giant of the game but has had his reputation destroyed by the national press for committing the cardinal sin of dropping the absolute joke of a player that was David Beckham and for not being able to polish the national footballing turd.

I wish any foreign manager well when they escape from that absolute mess and hope he finds himself some solace in an Espresso and some nice Latin gash.

What a load of fucking bollocks. Derek beckham had fuck all to do with capello's standing with the media. He was finished anyway.

And let's not forget what a greedy, money-grubbing twat Capello is: the Capello index anyone?

I doubt this has a great deal to do with Capello's honour being dented. Looks to me like a very convenient way to neatly step away from a sinking ship and who can blame him? What performance were we likely to see from England under Capello (or any other manager) at the European Championships? A bigger flop than the World Cup? The Euro Championship is considered to be a tougher competition than the World Cup, you play better quality sides right from the start. A core England side largely the same as in the World Cup but minus Rooney and probably Wilshire with the existing 'stars' a couple of years older and the younger players not yet established.

England will flop under any manager, Capello would be crucified by an unrealistic media and his reputation with two successive competition failures would be damaged. He can walk away with the bulk of his £6 million a year contract paid and his reputation in tact. He's probably got one big appointment left in him.

I doubt this has a great deal to do with Capello's honour being dented. Looks to me like a very convenient way to neatly step away from a sinking ship and who can blame him? What performance were we likely to see from England under Capello (or any other manager) at the European Championships? A bigger flop than the World Cup? The Euro Championship is considered to be a tougher competition than the World Cup, you play better quality sides right from the start. A core England side largely the same as in the World Cup but minus Rooney and probably Wilshire with the existing 'stars' a couple of years older and the younger players not yet established.

England will flop under any manager, Capello would be crucified by an unrealistic media and his reputation with two successive competition failures would be damaged. He can walk away with the bulk of his £6 million a year contract paid and his reputation in tact. He's probably got one big appointment left in him.

No it isn't.

Capello is a great manager who for whatever reason wasn't that great as England manager; this situation has been engineered to give the job to Arry, you can bet your fucking mortgage that if Arry had copped a guilty today (as he should have) then Capello would still be in situ. Basically he's been sacked.

No it isn't. (The Euro Championship is considered to be a tougher competition than the World Cup)

Yes it is.

Its a 16 team tournament. There are no make weights.

Compare any of the Euro groups against any of the last World Cup Groups and you will see for yourself.

Clangers is right.

Capello is a great manager who for whatever reason wasn't that great as England manager; this situation has been engineered to give the job to Arry, you can bet your fucking mortgage that if Arry had copped a guilty today (as he should have) then Capello would still be in situ. Basically he's been sacked.

I have to say, when I heard Redknapp had been cleared, and later saw that Capello had stood down, it crossed my mind that some dictats had been put on the table that everyone knew Capello couldn't agree to.

Guest ShoePiss
Pierce interim and then Redknapp just for the tournament to see how it goes I reckon, he'll want to stay if he does well, if not he'll fuck it off.

It won't be part time, Arry will be the new England manager, take it to the bank.

Thinking about it when was the last time Redknapp actually didn't leave a club before the end of a season?

Just looked it up actually, Bournemouth 1992

West Ham

Pompey

Southampton

Pompey

All before the season ended, often less than half way through.