You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I know what you're saying, but do you really think that he will always be valued this low? I just don't see this as a good deal, seen as we could end up with a decent player on our hands, and we're swapping him for an old player who's done well being the central focus of a mid table team?

Henderson frustrates more than the next guy, but I just don't see the positives of this deal

The reality is that Henderson hasnt done anything in a Liverpool shirt and doesnt look like doing so either. As for his value improving, it all depends on fulfilling his potential and there is not a huge amount to suggest he will.

I imagine he wont even get game time.

Offering a 22 year old who has just played in the Euro's for England as a makeweight in a deal for a 29 year old with one year left on his contract.Shut up.

Henderson has a career record of eight league goals in 118 apps. 2 in 37 last season.

Demspey has a record of 75 in 255, 17 in 7 last season.

Downing played for England - so what?

Rodgers has correctly assessed that a goalscoring midfielder is a priority- fortunately he seems more in tune with our needs than you.

I don't know whether hes right here or not, but I will say this.

Tony B does talk a lot of shit. A lot. He's been off the mark so often this summer, about various clubs, that I fail to see why he is seen as a reputable source anymore. At one point he had a contact but it doesnt seem so anymore.

That Ben Smith seems to be more clued up.

Questions need to be asked wtf is going on with the club :wallbutt:

Whats going on is we outplayed,outwitted and were unlucky to not beat the champions of england, we have secured probably the best young player in britain in allen, have some fantastic young players coming through, secured one of the brightest prospects in european football and suarez is starting to find his goalscoring touch...we have loaned out a very expensive flop and got more dross off the wage bill that needed happening years ago. Plus there is a day left and we are in for more players. That is whats happening. Dosnt sound too bad eh? What were you expecting? Cavani and the likes? We finished 8th and are in the europa league....come on? We are in a better position than we have been for years

Three out - four in (Aquilani was a push) plus improved long term contracts for a few first teamers. Not sure the overall wage bill has moved that much tbh.

Kuyt 100 grand a week, Maxi 80 a week, Aquilani 80 a week, Carroll 80 a week. I doubt we've spent all in new players' wages.

Where's the sponsorship money gone, too?

Its been a good summer by enlarge in terms of transfers.

But people can put all the positive spin out they want.

We're now down to 2 recognized main strikers. Anybody that thinks thats ok is fucking bonkers, as Rodgers himself has said its fucking madness if we don't get someone else in.

So thats where we are at, doesn't matter what else has gone on this summer, we need another forward player or we're in trouble.

Kuyt 100 grand a week, Maxi 80 a week, Aquilani 80 a week, Carroll 80 a week. I doubt we've spent all in new players' wages.

Where's the sponsorship money gone, too?

The whole point was to lower the wage bill. Our wages were far too high for a club not in the CL. We've still got fucking Window-licker picking up over 5m a season in wages.

We've spent 30m pounds on transfer fees, and a lot of that will be due to clearing big wages off the books.

Bellamy, Aquilani, Maxi, Kuyt, Aurelio, Carroll +Spearing, Adam. That's eight out tbf.

Could of sworn I saw at least one of them fellers in the crowd tonight.

Aurelio? On a per game? We paid to off Aquilani.

Bells, Maxi and Kuyt are the nut - we still gotta pay Joe Cole and then Sahin, Allen, Borini and Assaidi. Plus a couple steaks on the grill for the fellas who reupped this summer. Seems like a wash.