You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Anyone else worried we won't bring in another striker ???

It would be suicide on the clubs part if we didn't bring another striker in Suarez is fucking class but he showed last night he will miss a fair few,this was the problem last season we made the chances the strikers just didnt finish enough of them,the lad from Dortmund would do nicely,Can't see it tho Rodgers will have someone lined up its wether their current clubs will sell i'd be dissapointed with Dempsey and Sturridge as our goal getters for the season tbh,it's got to be a proven 20 goals a season hitman.

Think there could be lots of movement all over the place today. I don't want to go all Jim White, but I'm quite excited.

Same here. I normally don't really care about deadline day. But today we've seen Carroll leave last night, now Adam's at Stoke for a medical. We simply have to be bringing in two players today, maybe even three.

It'll be season suicide if we don't.

Im worried that chelsea play us along all day then at 10.50 tell us that Sturridge is going nowhere.

The amount of wages saved must have been close to paying the Allen fee.

If we are getting 4/5ml for Carroll loan fee more than covers the Assadi and German youngster fee

So we have paid out for Borini and he is on fairly small wages.Are the owners that unwilling to top up a bit to get in a couple of players.They have made enough of a song and dance about the new sponsership and kit deals.

Am i forgetting anything or reading anything wrong here

I thought the loan fee was only around 2mil?

Seems as if FSG are determined to get rid of all traces of the disaster that Kenny left us with before they part with anymore cash, looks like Henderson will be bumped as well if there is a hells chance of getting Dempsey and Sturridge.

I think this too! Get rid of all the shite, and recover the loss and then invest.. It will be mightily tough but not impossible!

On a personal level I have gotten over our mistakes and in way looking forward to the day they are no longer part of our squad be it at a massive loss.

Anyone think Rodgers just hates the North East?

Glad Caroll left, he was becomming a totem for all the gobshites who don't like the fact Rodgers is managing us, Adam will sign for Stoke which will be ideal for everyone, Spearing should have been told to sign for Bolton (and if the stories about him waiting a year because he doesn't think Rodgers will be here have any truth, he should take a long look at himself).

Henderson will come good, and we only overpaid a little, for what we was £10m was a fair fee so it is ridiculous and desperate to offer him to Fulham for an average 29 year old. Again if it is true, Barrett has been wrong on a few things this summer.

Im worried that chelsea play us along all day then at 10.50 tell us that Sturridge is going nowhere.

The amount of wages saved must have been close to paying the Allen fee.

If we are getting 4/5ml for Carroll loan fee more than covers the Assadi and German youngster fee

So we have paid out for Borini and he is on fairly small wages.Are the owners that unwilling to top up a bit to get in a couple of players.They have made enough of a song and dance about the new sponsership and kit deals.

Am i forgetting anything or reading anything wrong here

The payoffs for Aqualani, Maxi, Kuyt etc?