Quantcast
Onion rings - battered or breaded? - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Breaded or quar?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Breaded or quar?

• Tasty crispy breadcrumb coating.
    • Sloppy, tasteless, badly deep fried shite batter.

Do you like a nice tasty, crispy breadcrumbed onion ring, or an onion ring which promises much with its deceptive golden crispy outer husk but which ultimately delivers tasteless greasy crud?

Battered.

Mmmmm, not had onion rings in ages. They're great with steak. Now my mouths watering!

This evening's nutritional intake consisted of a nice rare rump steak, baked potato, peas and tasty crispy breaded onion rings. On a Tuesday. Fuck yeah.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Battered, obviously. I'm not against breaded, after all it contains a fried onion. But battered is where it's at.

What the fuck is wrong with this place? Mince pies, breaded onion rings, beanless breakfasts? YOU'RE ALL FUCKING SICK

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Batter and beans for me , wrong again lurtzy

Same. It quite clearly makes sense that way. I bet you like a French Fancy, don't you md?

Same. It quite clearly makes sense that way. I bet you like a French Fancy, don't you md?

But of course sir, one has a sophisticated pallet don't you know !

Guest Numero Veinticinco
But of course sir, one has a sophisticated pallet don't you know !

A connoisseur, my friend.

Working on the assumption that they're both on top of their game and well-cooked, then it's battered every time.

However, I have to confess I have been left deeply disappointed by poorly cooked battered onion rings on more than one occasion.

The problem with Liverpool (and everywhere else in England I have been to), is that the chippys are just fucking awful. The oil they use is bog standard shite, and it makes a huge difference. I don't eat them unless I'm stinking drunk. It's a shame, because a good chippy in the city centre would do extremely well. If any of you think that the likes of Lobster Pot or L1 fish Shop or wherever else (I've tried the chippys in Wavertree, Allerton Road, Anfield too) are any good, then you have shit taste buds and have never had a proper good one.