You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs United FA Cup

LFCGeorge

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allardyce returns to double glazing factory

14-12-10

BLACKBURN Rovers have confirmed that Sam Allardyce will return to his post as regional sales executive for Ossett Windows.

The former manager has confounded expectations for over 15 years by managing some of the biggest football teams in the land despite being an adequate home improvement salesman with no football experience.

Allardyce said: "It's been a hell of a ride ever since I got pissed during the 1994 North West Windows Conference and woke up to find I was managing Blackpool.

"One minute I'm driving around Lancashire in a Ford Mondeo full of uPVC catalogues, the next I'm being asked about zonal marking, whatever that is.

"I just told them to hoof it towards the goal and see what happens. And if that didn't work I would advise them to invest in a new conservatory."

Brian Ossett said: "I am delighted to welcome back the fifteenth most successful salesman I have ever had."

The club's new owners called time on Allardyce after several players complained they were dropped for refusing to have their guttering replaced.

Many were also unhappy that Christopher Samba was made captain simply because he allowed Allardyce to give him an estimate on a pair of dormer windows.

Allardyce added: "I think the era of my type of management is over and I won't be surprised if Roy Hodgson gets the elbow when his bosses realise he actually runs a Daihatsu dealership in Croydon or Ian Holloway when Blackpool get a call from that Somerset village asking for their idiot back."

GRAMMAR enthusiasts which point out everyday errors are much fewer interesting compared than normal people, according to researchers.

The Institute for Studies say people who write letters complaining about the use of 'your', 'you're' and 'youre' have less friends and are fewer able to socially mix.

Doctor Henry Brubaker, the institutes' head of grammar, says: "Words are very important. They convey meaning and emotion, but they can also be used to bore the tits off you.

"Take, for instance, the sentence; 'If there is one thing I really hate, it is bad grammar'.

"These words, placed in this precise order, can cause you either to walk away immediately or nod and say 'I completely agree'.

"Unfortunately, if you opt for the second response, it will then be met with the follow-up sentence, 'Surely you mean 'i agree completely'?.

"At this point it is acceptable to walk away, perhaps with the accompanying use of the word 'prick'."

He added: "If anyone asks you what is wrong with William Shatner's speech at the beginning of Star Trek, remember that the correct response is to say, 'I am now going to kick you in the nuts, boldly'."