You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just got an ipad

JohnnyH

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The camera is poor on Ipad2, and I did take a fair number of photo's on it at home as the little'un loves the ipad. Very poor quality pictures considering the overall ability of that machine.

Other than that, it's almost perfection, let's be honest.

Having said that, I'm still searching for the perfect game. You know, that perfect wasting time game that you go to again and again, I still haven't really found 'the one'. I tend to go back to stick cricket, but it's an old friend now, there has to be more to it than this, I dont even like cricket.

Can anyone reccommend a good crossword app?

Having said that, I'm still searching for the perfect game. You know, that perfect wasting time game that you go to again and again...

Do you like ace shooters, mellow puzzle games or just plain addictive weirdness combined with fluffy animals, fruity minotaurs and the odd pony reference? Then look no further than here.

Welcome to Llamasoft

GoatUp and Deflex being particular faves here for mellow addictiveness, and Gridrunner, Caverns of Minos or Minotaur Rescue for shooty goodness.

Thank me later.

I'll have a look when I'm back home, but well done in advance.

I don't think I want a shoot-em-up because the ipad doesn't lend itself to that, nor racing games.

Tell you what, Grands Theft Auto 2 would be a perfect Ipad2 game. Before it went all new age and cool, it used to be 2D racing around.

I think you have to take into account the angles you are at when playing on the ipad, I'm usually on my back on the sofa, rather than resting it on a table with full dexterity.

I'll have a look when I'm back home, but well done in advance.

I don't think I want a shoot-em-up because the ipad doesn't lend itself to that, nor racing games.

Tell you what, Grands Theft Auto 2 would be a perfect Ipad2 game. Before it went all new age and cool, it used to be 2D racing around.

I think you have to take into account the angles you are at when playing on the ipad, I'm usually on my back on the sofa, rather than resting it on a table with full dexterity.

Controls are one of the beauties of Llamasoft iOS games, there's no onscreen joystick or fire button as such, the controls are temporal rather than spacial where needed, or they're just, as in GoatUp, "Any of this area of screen will move left/right, and any part of this bit will jump" and so on, so they lend themselves to slouching back and casually thumbing rather than having to stick to a particular control area.

Have a read through the blogs associated with each game where they're explained but still, for arcadey type stuff the controls are so much better than anything else iOS I can think of.

Yep. Me too. Gonna flog my two from Apple tomorrow.

Only one more day extra to wait to use it.

Tis my first iPad so will be trawling the thread for good tips on apps etc. What version did you end up going for? I decided against 3G.

Tis my first iPad so will be trawling the thread for good tips on apps etc. What version did you end up going for? I decided against 3G.

Went for the 32GB 3G in white. Need 3G as I will be using it on the go. Have a Samsung Tablet (not the new one) and someone at work is buying off me.

Gonna be my first iPad as well.

Mine's an old ipad2. It's got a clear gel (£4.99) back and a smart cover front. That's all it's needed. I didn't want a separate case, because when it goes out it either goes into my gay man satchel when I'm out working, or a rucksack with all my other junk when I'm doing other stuff. I'm travelling over the next few weeks, so it'll be my contact with home, chums and TLW.

Had it for less than 2 days and I am absolutely in love with this piece of kit. It will cut down my laptop usage by about 90% as everything I use that for can be done on it. Haven't had a chance to download many apps but the few I have are great. Flipboard is a beautifully designed app. Also HD videos on this screen are just unreal, in fact so good that when the video quality isn't good it's almost unwatchable compared to the high res stuff. I would say though if you have an iPad2 there is no point upgrading till the next version really. If it's your first purchase like me though then definitely go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ShoePiss
Nope. Can't find it. I know it does exist as its there on my Android app on my phone.

just search for liverpoolway.