You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010/11 Hodgson: Premier League Games played 14 Goals scored 16

2011/12 Dalglish: Premier League Games played 14 Goals scored 17

How much time does Kenny get to sort it out? It seems like we're all waiting for January but are these results really acceptable after a biggish summer spend?

the football under kenny is a million fucking miles away from woy. Our problem is that we are just not picking the best team to do the job at hand.

Where the fuck was Maxi Rodriguez?? Surely a hat-trick on this ground and 2 great goals in 2 are enough to start? Wouldve done a lot more than Carroll linking up with Bellamy and Suarez.

And refereeing standards have gone to shit. All of our defeats have contained either a red card or a penalty against us.

2010/11 Hodgson: Premier League Games played 14 Goals scored 16

2011/12 Dalglish: Premier League Games played 14 Goals scored 17

How much time does Kenny get to sort it out? It seems like we're all waiting for January but are these results really acceptable after a biggish summer spend?

6 years. If it takes any longer he may fall in my estimation. As a manager.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Shit loads to play for. A good winter window and a good run of results after the Turkey has settled... thingslebegreat.

We're playing good football, we're going in the right direction with the squad. I hope the owners back us with more cash. I hope the management staff buy the right players with that money.

Shit loads to play for. A good winter window and a good run of results after the Turkey has settled... thingslebegreat.

We're playing good football, we're going in the right direction with the squad. I hope the owners back us with more cash. I hope the management staff buy the right players with that money.

Pretty much sums up where I am at the moment.

If you can't see the massive difference between the team now and a year ago I hope you become the next manager of Everton.

Is there a massive difference? We still sit too deep, play too many long balls and lack pace. Our excellent defensive record is largely down to the late signing of Enrique, who we nearly passed on for being "weak defensively". We signed Andy Carroll for a record transfer around the time our DOF gave an interview stating that signing players with the "right mentality" was key. We risked a key midfielder in every round of a meaningless cup competition after he'd played an entire summer of football. Seems to me that for everything we do right, we get 3-4 key decisions wrong. Even if we do eventually get it right, we have set a ceiling on our ability by overpaying for mediocre talent.

Thats it.

We're playing good football and if we pick up a few good results over the next 4/5 games we're right back up there.

If we sign a goalscorer in January we'll be rocking. Thats all thats missing right now, as simplistic as that sounds, I honestly believe we buy a good striker we'll have a brilliant second half of the season.

Although tonight was disappointing, we are still only five points, less than two wins, off fourth.

There is still plenty to play for.

On the other hand, we are effectively 11 pts off Spurs, and 5 pts in front of Stoke... Pretty shocking, really... While it's all well blaming bad luck (hitting the posts etc.) and referees, we're simply not good enough. Most of the blame has to be laid at the players door for not putting away chances, but some of it has to be aimed at Kenny as well. His non-picking of Bellamy (up until recently) and Maxi annoys me, as we look so much better with them than with Carroll and Henderson. Doesn't really matter who we play, except the fixture disaster last week, we should start these from now on:

-------------Pepe--------------

Johnson/Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique

Kuyt/Downing --Spearing ----Adam------Maxi

---------------Suarez-------------

------------- Bellamy------------------

If Johnson starts it should be with Kuyt, if Kelly starts it should be with Downing, as I think the pairs complements each other well.

With Spearing out I'd be tempted to throw Shelvey in at the deep end. He couldn't possibly get more anonymous than Henderson, and he might bring some of the confidence from his Blackpool stay into the equation. Maxi, Suarez and Bellamy to interchange positions so that we don't get too overrun in midfield (which is a problem whoever plays there until Lucas returns)

Guest davelfc
On the other hand, we are effectively 11 pts off Spurs.. Pretty shocking, really...

More shocking in that it's 8 no matter how 'effectively' you try to paint it. EIGHT

That may be the second correct post I have seen you make. Well done.

I lead opinion, I don't follow it.But trust me, seasons are not made and lost at Fulham in December.

I am really confident that Henderson (who has made a big positive impression at Melwood) will give us many years of fine service, and Adam has done exactly what we have asked of him. Its a shame that the Torres /Carroll crisis came so early in Kenny's reign,a year on and i think Kennys response would have been different.

The huge positive is that we go into the window still in the League Cup, and still in touch with fourth - and that is a healthy place to be.

I lead opinion, I don't follow it.But trust me, seasons are not made and lost at Fulham in December.

I am really confident that Henderson (who has made a big positive impression at Melwood) will give us many years of fine service, and Adam has done exactly what we have asked of him. Its a shame that the Torres /Carroll crisis came so early in Kenny's reign,a year on and i think Kennys response would have been different.

The huge positive is that we go into the window still in the League Cup, and still in touch with fourth - and that is a healthy place to be.

My word.

Some things we could work on:

- Adam having some other option on the break rather than run straight ahead until tackled/fouled/falling over

- shooting. At the moment we pretty much need to walk it into the net to be sure of the goal...except...

- final balls, always seem to be too deep/shallow/hard/soft/high.

Add to that

- get people in the box. 3/4 times this eve a ball either flashed across the mouth of the net or rebounded in a position where a proper goalscorer would be.

And this happens week in week out for us, so we need to do something about it.

My word.

The Internet, unfortunately, has given every knob a voice when they don't deserve one.

He's probably a virgin in a bedsit in Brighton with a comment like that, mate.

There are many bones to pick over that defeat. It's frustrating, but hardly terminal at this stage. Número is spot on.

Add to that

- get people in the box. 3/4 times this eve a ball either flashed across the mouth of the net or rebounded in a position where a proper goalscorer would be.

And this happens week in week out for us, so we need to do something about it.

Yes. What price a Maxi Rodriguez tonight? Can't believe we didn't see him before or after the sending off...

The Internet, unfortunately, has given every knob a voice when they don't deserve one.

He's probably a virgin in a bedsit in Brighton with a comment like that, mate.

There are many bones to pick over that defeat. It's frustrating, but hardly terminal at this stage. Número is spot on.

Ha ha!

As is the story of our season our lack of scoring has cost us.

Sunderland

Norwich

Swansea

Man United

Man City

Today

All games we should have got three points and didn't due to a combination of attacking impotence and bad luck.

How much woodwork have we hit in these games? We are our own worst enemy at the minute. So frustrating this season

Trouble is, we have very, very few conistent shooters in our team. Shooting from outside the box is atrocious, and the goal records of the likes of Henderson, Downing etc back this up. We need Gerrard back asap, for a start. At least his shots look likely.