You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can Suarez get banned for flipping the bird to the Fulham fans?

Can't be arsed commenting on the match.

Of course he can, and he's not making it easier for himself by adding onto the list of his misbehaviour. The last thing we need is a suspension on him. He was lucky to avoid a booking tonight. He needs to concentrate more on doing what he does best, not all that other shit.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he can, and he's not making it easier for himself by adding onto the list of his misbehaviour. The last thing we need is a suspension on him. He was lucky to avoid a booking tonight. He needs to concentrate more on doing what he does best, not all that other shit.

FFS.

I understand his frustration. He's getting kicked right left and centre every game and getting nothing from the refs. We don't need this right now though.

Shit loads to play for. A good winter window and a good run of results after the Turkey has settled... thingslebegreat.

We're playing good football, we're going in the right direction with the squad. I hope the owners back us with more cash. I hope the management staff buy the right players with that money.

I hope Rihanna and Scarlett Johansson invites me for a threesome tonight, I think they'll come knocking anytime now:whistle:

Seriously though, I don't think we'll be able to change much during either the January nor the summer window. Players around the world will see that we struggle to make CL places, and it'll once again be the B-list that will be available (I fear this will be true until we cement ourselves in the top 4 again). How do we achieve that then? By giving everything on the pitch and making the right decisions from the bench. I think the players will give their all, but I suspect we haven't got enough quality to pull it through neither short nor medium term:(. Kenny needs to have a great season too, and despite some great results and performances against the good teams, we're not really seeing the progress many of us were hoping for after a great March/April last year. The two games against Spurs in 2011 have sadly been a real eye-opener for me in terms of our current standing in the game...

Back to our signings; Luis Suarez and Jose Enrique are surely among the top 5 signings in world football in 2011, sadly Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson are close to the bottom of the same list, and while Charlie Adam has done more than ok, you have Downing (thought he had a decent start) on the other side of the line... We simply can't afford to throw huge money away, not only because of the financial aspect, but also because it puts pressure on the manager to overuse said players. Who on here believes Carroll or Henderson would have played this much if they came with the price-tags of Maxi and Bellamy? I actually had pretty high hopes for Carroll, and I thought the way we filled the box with runners last year we would see some decent wing play and crossing added to that this year, resulting in lots of chances and goals. We have a goal difference of +4 so far, and only Wigan and West Brom have scored more than 2 fewer goals than us... 17 goals in 14 matches, it's not all bad luck, and shows how wrong I was...

Don't want to sound too depressed, I still have belief that we're going in the right direction, but as I suspected we still need more time, and on top of that we've lost our top two midfielders. There are a few positives, as Enrique has slotted in effortlessly, and 3/4 of our backline are now playing really well. The injury to Carra has been a bit of a blessing in disguise too, as Skrtel and Agger have formed a nice partnership.

Another plus side is we have quite a few fixtures that we normally do well in over the coming weeks.... Our next 5 games are QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Blackburn (h) and Newcastle (h), all played in December. If we can come away with 12-13 pts from those, we shouldn't be too far off 4th before we travel to the Etihad. I suspect we'll have trouble breaking down Villa, but if we can't beat QPR, Wigan and Blackburn we have no business in the European places anyway! Newcastle at Anfield will probably be nicknamed battle for the EL places by the media. let's hope we can prove them wrong.

I hope Rihanna and Scarlett Johansson invites me for a threesome tonight, I think they'll come knocking anytime now:whistle:

Seriously though, I don't think we'll be able to change much during either the January nor the summer window. Players around the world will see that we struggle to make CL places, and it'll once again be the B-list that will be available (I fear this will be true until we cement ourselves in the top 4 again). How do we achieve that then? By giving everything on the pitch and making the right decisions from the bench. I think the players will give their all, but I suspect we haven't got enough quality to pull it through neither short nor medium term:(. Kenny needs to have a great season too, and despite some great results and performances against the good teams, we're not really seeing the progress many of us were hoping for after a great March/April last year. The two games against Spurs in 2011 have sadly been a real eye-opener for me in terms of our current standing in the game...

Luis Suarez and Jose Enrique are surely among the top 5 signings in world football in 2011, sadly Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson are close to the bottom of the same list, and while Charlie Adam has done more than ok, you have Downing (thought he had a decent start) on the other side of the line... We simply can't afford to throw huge money away, not only because of the financial aspect, but also because it puts pressure on the manager to overuse said players. Who on here believes Carroll or Henderson would have played this much if they came with the price-tags of Maxi and Bellamy? I actually had pretty high hopes for Carroll, and I thought the way we filled the box with runners last year we would see some decent wing play and crossing added to that this year, resulting in lots of chances and goals. We have a goal difference of +4 so far, and only Wigan and West Brom have scored more than 2 fewer goals than us... 17 goals in 14 matches, it's not all bad luck...

Don't want to sound too depressed, I still have belief that we're going in the right direction, but as I suspected we still need more time, and on top of that we've lost our top two midfielders. There are a few positives, as Enrique has slotted in effortlessly, and 3/4 of our backline are now playing really well. The injury to Carra has been a bit of a blessing in disguise too, as Skrtel and Agger have formed a nice partnership.

Another plus side is we have quite a few fixtures that we normally do well in over the coming weeks.... Our next 5 games are QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Blackburn (h) and Newcastle (h), all played in December. If we can come away with 12-13 pts from those, we shouldn't be too far off 4th before we travel to the Etihad. I suspect we'll have trouble breaking down Villa, but if we can't beat QPR, Wigan and Blackburn we have no business in the European places anyway! Newcastle at Anfield will probably be nicknamed battle for the EL places by the media. let's hope we can prove them wrong.

Just fuckin wow

What the fuck is this shite Suarez is getting? The lad gets seven shades of shite kicked out of him every single game with fuck all protection from the referee. If his own fans accuse him of being a diver/histrionics etc. then what chance has he got of anyone else ever taking him seriously?

I'm not gonna start on some of the comments on this thread, but I will say we've got a bunch of shithouses following the club. Some of the shite spewed on here makes me embarrassed to be a Liverpool FC supporter.

For the record I thought we were extremely unlucky and got fucked over by a corrupt ref.

What the fuck is this shite Suarez is getting? The lad gets seven shades of shite kicked out of him every single game with fuck all protection from the referee. If his own fans accuse him of being a diver/histrionics etc. then what chance has he got of anyone else ever taking him seriously?

I'm not gonna start on some of the comments on this thread, but I will say we've got a bunch of shithouses following the club. Some of the shite spewed on here makes me embarrassed to be a Liverpool FC supporter.

For the record I thought we were extremely unlucky and got fucked over by a corrupt ref.

I agree except you have to admit we are shite at shooting hitting the post isn't unlucky it's not being accurate enough. We seriously need a proper striker and a right winger. Who are they I ain't got a clue but I'm pissed off with us more than the cunting ref because we continually make our own lives harder.

I agree except you have to admit we are shite at shooting hitting the post isn't unlucky it's not being accurate enough. We seriously need a proper striker and a right winger. Who are they I ain't got a clue but I'm pissed off with us more than the cunting ref because we continually make our own lives harder.

Yeah in principle you are obviously right, though i have to say both Hendersons and Downings efforts were unlucky not to go in, for Hendersons we are not even talking a centimetre, but rather milimetric, and didnt Schwartzer get his fingertips on both those shots ? For sure he did on Downings shot which the post, not entirely sure about Hendersons though ?

Totally agree about the need for a striker and a right winger, maybe not necissarily a winger, but an attacking midfielder who consistantly provides both goals and creates chances for others. Basically a very effective player.

If we dont get these players in im afraid we'll rue missed chances for the whole season.

As for the ref, he was a fucking disgrace. Without a doubt he had it in for us.

The ref was terrible, poor decision after poor decision, all going against us.

Carroll was a passenger again in terms of providing any threat to the opposition. He's not shown a shred of evidence that he has got what it takes and seems to completely lack any sort of football brain to compensate for his lack of mobility.

We need more players like Enrique who is almost machine like in delivering at least a 7 out of 10 performance every match. At the moment we've got more than a few who don't play with the same zip and purpose in less prestigious games like last night,

A good start would be a consistently dangerous, 'lives to score goals' type striker to play alongside, and take a bit of pressure off, Suarez and a proper attacking, creative midfield player (someone who plays along the lines of how McManaman used to for us would be ideal).

I had to go for a walk at the end of the game to cool off.

That's the angriest I have felt for years.

First half, yes we controlled lots of possession, but for me we are not direct enough. Pass, pass, pass then look for a move, turn or attack some space. This is what we should be doing. Ok, we missed Lucas, but we need to inject a little bit of positivity. Too much pass, pass, pass, pass .... even when players had time to turn and assess we just passed it back. First 5 minutes yes, fair enough, but not 30.

The referee was appalling. What kind of decision is it when an attacking player hits the box and is fouled (debatably) on the line, and you pull it back for a free kick? Not an objective one. He just didn't want to give it to us.

The free kick for Riise, the red card for Spearing, the yellow card for Bellamy; it all adds up to a ref who looked unfavourably on one team.

When they scored and were looking to kill the game off, we let them do it. Henderson and Adam both played well enough, but WHEN YOU ARE DOWN TO 10 MEN AND ARE ONE DOWN WITH 3 MINUTES TO GO YOU DON'T MARK SPACE, YOU CLOSE DOWN THE PLAYER WITH THE BALL, NOT LET THEM PASS IT AROUND - IT ISN'T GOING TO GO FORWARD! AND YOU DO IT QUICKLY. ATTACK THE BALL!!!!!!

And one last observation. I haven't yet commented on this player but I'm going to now. I always give the benefit of the doubt to a Liverpool player. I back them 100%, especially when they are young and new to the team. I give them time. But the truth is, Carroll? No.

That doesn't mean that the people who have already slagged him off were right - they are knee jerk morons who expect every signing to be gold-plated from the off, and I have no time for them - I don't identify with them as fellow reds. They are Talksport phone-in / Soccer AM Liverpool fans and are nothing like me.

But I think the tide is going to turn.

I was nervous when we bought him as I thought he was just a flavour of the month. But I have to back the professionalism of the club and assume we had a thick dossier on this player and have tracked him since he was 15.

But he just looks useless.

For the record I used to shout down people who gave Lucas stick - he was a young lad finding his way and although he used to play it safe, I always saw potential.

Give me something to work with, Andy.

He offers nothing. Nothing.

It gives me cold sweats thinking about the money we have wasted.

I am fucking gutted. I honestly don't know were to begin.

Johno, Carroll and Spearing were not good enough. Kelly has to get a run in the team now. Carroll needs a goal and should have had 2 last night, they were sitters and any PL striker let alone a LFC one should bury them every time. Spearing didn't do enough for me, he has some big boots to fill in Lucas' but he just wasnt doing the simple things well. The sending off was a joke, but so was the Refs whole game.

Im pretty sure it was rat boy in a mask to be honest, the booking of a lively Bellamy for being a model professional and not reacting to that bug eyed cunt was disgusting. How can players and fans be expected to support the respect campaign with such a low standard of refs getting the simplest of things wrong week in week out.

The game should have been put to bed and away from the officials influence anyway to be fair. I think everyone jumped up when Hendo hit the woodwork, and to be honest he is getting more and more impresive in the middle and no doubt, soon we will all be saying how much of a bargain he was.

I seriously think if we would have just scored before them then the floodgates would have opened, it was a great game to watch, end to end at times.

Fulham were getting at our back four far to easy without Lucas and Reina did well to save a couple of good efforts one of which swerved almost 45 degrees at the last minute. He probably should of held on to the first shot for the goal but the way these balls move when hit sweetly, who can blame him. Still the best in the league by far.

We deffo need a poacher in Jan, but even then will he get a start ahead of Carroll?

Liverpools problem is very simple.

Teams like Bolton, Blackburn and Norwich have scored more than them

Their top scorer has scored less than the likes of Steve Morrison and Shane Long, and as much as the likes of John Terry.

Their wide men Downing and Kuyt has 0 goals and 1 assist between them in 14 games.

They have drawn 5 at home already and consistently struggles against smaller teams. Look at their last 3 games, beats Chelsea, draw with City after very good performance and then lose to Fulham. Thats Liverpool for you. Small team mentality who raise their game against big teams, but struggle against smaller teams

I think it is becoming apparant that at the moment Caroll and Suarez doesn't work, we are better with either or!

I can only echo Razor's sentiments in that I have been waiting for Caroll to give us something to look for but he hasn't, Henderson has shown he is a good footballer and has a good eye for a pass so you are prepared to sit back a little, but I haven't seen that from Caroll, he doesn't seem quick, doesn't seem aware and is often standing to far away to benefit, and he doesn't actually seem to win much in the air!

However, whilst all the criticism is about the players can I just make one criticism about Kenny and Clarke?

Stop fucking about with the team! There was no need to play that team last night, and it is no coincidence that two of our away defeats have come when we have changed formation and pissed about with the team! Downing should have started last night.

Nothing on Sky about the goal that never was. NOTHING. Not even mentioned we scored a perfectly good good that was ruled out by a complete and utter cunt. Of course this wouldn't have affected the result would it? Fucking wankers. If it was Slur and his gang of devil worshippers then we wouldn't see the end of replays but as its us it doesn't even get a mention. Unbefuckinglievable

Nothing on Sky about the goal that never was. NOTHING. Not even mentioned we scored a perfectly good good that was ruled out by a complete and utter cunt. Of course this wouldn't have affected the result would it? Fucking wankers. If it was Slur and his gang of devil worshippers then we wouldn't see the end of replays but as its us it doesn't even get a mention. Unbefuckinglievable

Not allowed to say that mate.

Theres no such thing as United have too much influence. Its all tinfoil hats you see.

Any controversy involving them gets 24 hour airplay. But thats just the way it is you see. Carry on.

Every time we get a good little run of results we hit a stumbling block. Every season it's the same, why should I expect any different. Whenever I look at the table and think a win here would take us right up into whatever position we are going for at the time we always lose ALWAYS!

So fucking frustrating, 4th is going to be very tough, to me it looks like it's between us Arse and Chelsea and we normally drop more stupid points than them.

I genuinely don't think there is a hell of a lot wrong with us. To me, we are performing like a team in transition with a lot of new players, which is exactly what we are. There is plenty to be encouraged about. By and large we are dominating matches, but failing to win them. I can only hope that as we develop as a team we will iron out this floor. I know it is so frustrating but there is still cause for optimism. We have to be patient because we are definitely on the right track.

There's definitely something going on with referees. That guy was out to stiff us last night. The same in the Spurs game, which came directly after Kenny had his first outburst at referees after being mugged against Stoke.

I wonder if Riley is involved in this, having a quick word with his men before a game.

Spurs are enjoying a right good run with favourable decisions at the moment.

Wouldn't shock me in the least if there's a few bent refs taking bungs, in fact with all the money swilling around the game and all the dodgy characters running clubs it would be a miracle if it was squeaky clean.

I genuinely don't think there is a hell of a lot wrong with us. To me, we are performing like a team in transition with a lot of new players, which is exactly what we are. There is plenty to be encouraged about. By and large we are dominating matches, but failing to win them. I can only hope that as we develop as a team we will iron out this floor. I know it is so frustrating but there is still cause for optimism. We have to be patient because we are definitely on the right track.

100% agree with this. We are playing good football and I can only think of 2 games all season where we haven't dominated and deserved to win (Sunderland rightly earned their point and Spurs were far superior even if the ref had not given them a helping hand).

If we had a Fowler in this team we would be top of the league. If Commoli can find one and we put Carroll back on the bench where he belongs until he sorts his shit out then we can push on. Until then we need Gerrard back, it would be a massive lift for the whole club to have him fit & firing come the New Year.